GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Hi,
    I have received a response from Blackhorse today regarding my PPI complaint.

I originally sent them a SAR to which I had this reply:

"unfortunately I have not been able to locate an agreement for you, please provide an agreement number or date of birth etc".

I then sent them an agreement number and the FOS PPI questionnaire.

I received the standard "we are looking into your complaint" letter.

I have never received any SAR info but they did send my tenner back.

Today I have received a 4 page letter from Blackhorse, basically disputing everything I have said on the FOS questionnaire.

They concluded that I took the loan out in a branch - in fact it was finance on a motorbike taken out in the showroom, it goes on to say that I was not pressured into buying PPI when in fact I was told that if I took out PPI I would be approved for the loan. In light of our findings I feel our advisor acted fairly and reasonable throughout the sale, I have nothing to suggest that you were compelled into taking out the policy. (NO PPI - NO BIKE LOAN WAS HOW I REMEMBER THIS)

Because the loan was taken out on 2 July 2004 it does not fall within the scope of the FOS but you may complain to the Finance and Leasing Association.

Now I wonder how they managed to come to all these conclusions when they could not even find anything when I SAR'ed them, now they have all this stuff that they looked at and concluded I was not mis-sold at all.
    They also say that during the investigation taken into account was my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA), now at the SAR stage nothing could be located.

I believe that they are just trying it on here but I need to know how to move forward properly on this one.

Di - HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP - please

Thanks

Re: Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi,
    I have received a response from Blackhorse today regarding my PPI complaint.

I originally sent them a SAR to which I had this reply:

"unfortunately I have not been able to locate an agreement for you, please provide an agreement number or date of birth etc".

I then sent them an agreement number and the FOS PPI questionnaire.

I received the standard "we are looking into your complaint" letter.

I have never received any SAR info but they did send my tenner back.

Today I have received a 4 page letter from Blackhorse, basically disputing everything I have said on the FOS questionnaire.

They concluded that I took the loan out in a branch - in fact it was finance on a motorbike taken out in the showroom, it goes on to say that I was not pressured into buying PPI when in fact I was told that if I took out PPI I would be approved for the loan. In light of our findings I feel our advisor acted fairly and reasonable throughout the sale, I have nothing to suggest that you were compelled into taking out the policy. (NO PPI - NO BIKE LOAN WAS HOW I REMEMBER THIS)

Because the loan was taken out on 2 July 2004 it does not fall within the scope of the FOS but you may complain to the Finance and Leasing Association.

Now I wonder how they managed to come to all these conclusions when they could not even find anything when I SAR'ed them, now they have all this stuff that they looked at and concluded I was not mis-sold at all.
    They also say that during the investigation taken into account was my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA), now at the SAR stage nothing could be located.

I believe that they are just trying it on here but I need to know how to move forward properly on this one.

Di - HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP - please

Thanks

Wow!
    They have totally overlooked on this one I think.

Write back and tell them, you are unclear of how they decided to reject the complaint, when you have been recently notified in regards of a SAR they did not send you, and a returned payment via SAR, and you are aware this was because they no longer hold any data.

I would question on why they made a decision and the reasons they gave to reject on the basis of them not holding the info.

(Trying it on it seems in my opinion).

Also ask them to send the concrete evidence of the sale of the policy, because this was not how it was sold to you (not in branch).

This "may" get them to change the decision, because they have obviously not looked into it correctly (in my view) in other words no proper investigations were undertaken.

How can they come to this solution without the evidence then I wonder?
    Hmmmm, question this Vos, write back and tell them they have clearly overlooked your complaint, they have it all damn wrong.

Comment

Yeah thanks Di, I didn't know whether it was a new tactic being employed by Blackhorse, what about the dates Di?

They say that the FOS will only consider complaints that were sold by Blackhorse between 1 Dec 2001 and 31 March 2003 and then after 14 January 2005 - is this correct do you know?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah thanks Di, I didn't know whether it was a new tactic being employed by Blackhorse, what about the dates Di?

They say that the FOS will only consider complaints that were sold by Blackhorse between 1 Dec 2001 and 31 March 2003 and then after 14 January 2005 - is this correct do you know?

Thanks

You know my EPF reclaim (ok not the same business), they were not regulated and finally updated on mine despite because they were coming back with the wrong info etc, so it was just a suggestion really because they obviously not looked at the complaint correctly on you're own reclaim, they have it all wrong, to me they just automatically sent you this as a standard rejection without the true facts.
        I would ask them to consider upholding on a goodwill basis because the decision they made was rather misleading, if you get my drift.

It's up to you though of course, if they fail again, the FOS will consider taking on the underwriter/insurer of the policy instead (this may have been Lloyds) who were then regulated.

You can ask BH to send you the policy details in the post free of charge, they should send you these on request.

Comment

Yeah thanks Di, I am in the middle of going through the letter I received and basically it is a mush up of the FOS questionnaire in which they answer the questions I have filled in: I.E. You also signed the credit agreement confirming your consent to purchase the policy. DOH - well yes because it was the only way to get a loan but I was told NO PPI - NO BIKE LOAN.
          As it was for a motorbike I was told by the sales bod that the loan would probably be refused without PPI also, not according to Blackhorse because they didn't act like that

(From the letter) In their conclusion: They find that their (Blackhorse) advisor acted fairly and reasonably throughout the sale.I have found nothing to suggest that you were compelled into taking out the policy.
          What and where they have found all this information from is beyond me plus isn't this exactly the reason they have to repay PPI because people were coerced into buying them - no PPI no loan!!!

Comment

They obviously did not look into this one at all in my opinion Vossy.

If they mentioned about that it was sold in branch, where the heck did they get this from, so who's complaint are they looking at? certainly not your's lol.
            Bet they have a pile of the same letters to send to everyone.

Muppets!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              They obviously did not look into this one at all in my opinion Vossy.

If they mentioned about that it was sold in branch, where the heck did they get this from, so who's complaint are they looking at? certainly not your's lol.
              Bet they have a pile of the same letters to send to everyone.

Muppets!
              Yeah I got a list at the end of my letter on which parts I want to see evidence of - it's going to be a bloody long list
              I will leave the letter to finish off tomorrow because I am getting irate now and I do not write nice polite letters in this mood, what's more to the point I miss out a lot of facts - just like they did

Comment

Yeah I got a list at the end of my letter on which parts I want to see evidence of - it's going to be a bloody long list
                I will leave the letter to finish off tomorrow because I am getting irate now and I do not write nice polite letters in this mood, what's more to the point I miss out a lot of facts - just like they did

lmao you are getting like me know you poor thing lol

Comment

lmao you are getting like me know you poor thing lol
                  Your teachings are working I think Di - thank god

Comment

Your teachings are working I think Di - thank god
                    That's just what I like to hear

Comment

That's just what I like to hear
                      I'm glad I joined AAD, I really am

Yours up late btw

Comment

I'm glad I joined AAD, I really am

Yours up late btw
                        Yeah me too lol

Off up the wooden hill shortly, my youngest just came in with a night cap cuppa for me lol.

Comment

I just had a cuppa t and 3 mini twix, just checked on here to see if any new stuff. Hitting the sack now.

Nite Di, thanks for your help, catcha tomorrow maybe
                          Last edited by vossy; 20 June 2012, 22:43. Reason: typo

Comment

I just had a cuppa t and 3 mini twix, just checked on here to see if any new stuff. Hitting the sack now.

Nite Di, thanks for your help, catcha tomorrow maybe
                            You very welcome hon, sleep well and sweet dreams, catch up again tomorrow xx

Comment

Hi Di,

I have now finished my four page letter addressing all of the points that BlackWhore raised with my complaint, in particular the evidence they refer to that they used in reaching their decision and the fact that zilch came back from my SAR, in fact returned with my money.

I was wondering if, with my letter I should enclose a SAR request once more with the fee? Can I do that or is there some procedure that has to be followed?

Apparently some evidence they have is that I took out a loan in branch when in fact it was a motorcycle showroom, they have reviewed the sales advisers handling of the sale (how I wonder?) and insist that the adviser acted fairly and did not pressure me into taking PPI (No PPI - no loan) it did not happen they say.

I have pointed out in my reply it was those exact reasons that they now have to repay millions of people because of the greed of salespeople to earn commission and the banks behind them.

I have asked that before I take my complaint further they may wish to review the complaint once more.

What do you reckon Di?
                              Last edited by vossy; 22 June 2012, 16:58. Reason: Can't spell

Comment

Working...
                              X