GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Yep your dead right, you would think that this was their bloody money

My son didn't even ask daddy for help but I did push him into going for the complaint, he is only 30 after all and still needs telling what to do
    He did by us a very nice pressie though so I am pleased

lmao that gave me a right giggle!

Clever son you have, he must follow is dad.

Aww a pressie, that is lovely of him

Comment

Update to this one now:

PPI was on a motorbike loan, no PPI - no loan was how it was put to me, also I was being paid by my employer for ANY time off work so PPI was not needed. BH rejected this out of hand, they got all their facts wrong in a letter to me such as "It was arranged by telephone, when in fact it was in a dealership - they have disputed every part of my complaint and totally ignoring what really happened "

Letter received back today that says we have looked into your complaint again - looked at by the same person who looked at it originally as well? And once again rejected out of hand, they advise taking it to the FLA which is now what I will have to do, I do believe it is a lost cause as the banks know the FLA have no authority and are hiding behind this to avoid paying out claims.

Comment

Update to this one now:

PPI was on a motorbike loan, no PPI - no loan was how it was put to me, also I was being paid by my employer for ANY time off work so PPI was not needed. BH rejected this out of hand, they got all their facts wrong in a letter to me such as "It was arranged by telephone, when in fact it was in a dealership - they have disputed every part of my complaint and totally ignoring what really happened "

Letter received back today that says we have looked into your complaint again - looked at by the same person who looked at it originally as well? And once again rejected out of hand, they advise taking it to the FLA which is now what I will have to do, I do believe it is a lost cause as the banks know the FLA have no authority and are hiding behind this to avoid paying out claims.
        oh so sorry I am so annoyed for you!!!

So bloody mad!!

Bet if they were FSA regulated they would have accepted the liability and a different outlook on the decision.
        The fact they were not FSA regulated, they appear to get out of everything. I know I have this yet to come on another one or 2 of them.

If the FLA fails Vos, we can try the underwriter, but as you are aware it will take some time.

Comment

Hi Di, yeah this was a classic case of how they were caught out selling these products, it does seem that they are hiding behind the date of regulation though.
          I will fill in the questionnaire and send it all off but not hopeful.

Comment

Hi Di, yeah this was a classic case of how they were caught out selling these products, it does seem that they are hiding behind the date of regulation though.
            I will fill in the questionnaire and send it all off but not hopeful.

Well you are following the correct procedures Vossy, so if this does fail via FLA, then there is as stated the underwriter.

However, I have came across a few posts where there has been success - FLA, although not as high rated as the FSA, so fingers crossed.

It appears that you do have a good case, and even though as you know its not the FLA that actually compensate, but if they believe you have a case, then they will as the next step send your case back to the business you complained about to relook into the case, or otherwise the FLA will let you know otherwise.

Comment

Thanks Di, bloody crooks!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Di, bloody crooks!!!!!
                Yes they are..........

My bro in law was dealing with Lloyds and now on to BH (dealers) Honda, he had taken out 2 loans with them for a motorcycle, I did warn him that they will not be easy, as his accounts were taken out before they were regulated.

Comment

Thanks Di, this was taken out in a large motorcycle dealership, BH have not said it is not their problem but said the loan was taken out in a car dealership and the date, even though it was a sole bike dealership, closer because the last time they said it was taken out over the phone. No mention in their review of my complaint about me being paid by my employer for time off sick or anything either - surprisingly.
                  Early on in the reply it states that this is before the regulated date of 14 Jan 2005, as soon as you read that you know.

Comment

Update on this one:

Blackhorse have said there is no case for them to pay and are basically hiding behind the cut off date for the FOS to deal with them forcing people to go down the FLA route. It is clear I will not get anywhere chasing Blackhorse.

I have decided not to go down the FLA route but instead to chase the unerwriters and have now found that the policy was underwritten by Lloyds TSB General Insurance Company and The Prudential Assurance Company

I need advice please, which one should I chase - or both?

Thanks
                    Last edited by vossy; 16 November 2012, 15:22. Reason: Too many go's - lol

Comment

Update on this one:

Blackhorse have said there is no case for them to pay and are basically hiding behind the cut off date for the FOS to deal with them forcing people to go down the FLA route. It is clear I will not get anywhere chasing Blackhorse.

I have decided not to go down the FLA route but instead to chase the unerwriters and have now found that the policy was underwritten by Lloyds TSB General Insurance Company and The Prudential Assurance Company

I need advice please, which one should I chase - or both?

Thanks

Hi Vossy

The FLA are useless in my opinion, I did both anyway and the FLA still didnt help, despite the fact that i sent them further info the business did not see when they investigated.
                      But..........
                      as you know it was finally settled and resolved by the underwriter.

Let me know if you want the copy of my letter to give you an idea on the wording.
                      I shall post it over the weekend for you if you do want a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Hi Vossy

The FLA are useless in my opinion, I did both anyway and the FLA still didnt help, despite the fact that i sent them further info the business did not see when they investigated.
                        But..........
                        as you know it was finally settled and resolved by the underwriter.

Let me know if you want the copy of my letter to give you an idea on the wording.
                        I shall post it over the weekend for you if you do want a copy.
                        Yes Di I would like to see how to proceed, send to both and see who bites maybe?

Comment

Recap, got nowhere with BH hiding behind the dates of sale and telling me to go to the FLA, so instead I went to the underwriters, in this case Lloyds TSB General Insurance and The Prudential.

I have heard back from Blackhorse today I wrote to Lloyds TSB General Insurance in London and not Blackhorse, the letter I have had back merely says that we have dealt with this once and you have a final resopnse i.e. bugger off to the FLA.

Now are Lloyds TSB General Insurance playing games here or are Blackhorse playing games? Although they are under the same umbrella in the Lloyds group can the people who give you the finance be the same company who give you the insurance cover? Although Blackhorse may not have been regulated between the sticky dates by the FOS surely Lloyds TSB General Insurance was in which case Blackhorse should be now directing me to the FOS and not FLA - or have I got it wrong?

Comment

Recap, got nowhere with BH hiding behind the dates of sale and telling me to go to the FLA, so instead I went to the underwriters, in this case Lloyds TSB General Insurance and The Prudential.

I have heard back from Blackhorse today I wrote to Lloyds TSB General Insurance in London and not Blackhorse, the letter I have had back merely says that we have dealt with this once and you have a final resopnse i.e. bugger off to the FLA.

Now are Lloyds TSB General Insurance playing games here or are Blackhorse playing games? Although they are under the same umbrella in the Lloyds group can the people who give you the finance be the same company who give you the insurance cover? Although Blackhorse may not have been regulated between the sticky dates by the FOS surely Lloyds TSB General Insurance was in which case Blackhorse should be now directing me to the FOS and not FLA - or have I got it wrong?
                            Hi Vossy

so sorry for the delay in responding.
                            Now as far as I'm aware Lloyds TSB General insurance were regulated by the FSA as from Jan 2005, prior to that they were GISC regulated, so in this case you are able to complain to the FOS.

What I would do is ring the FOS direct, and they should be able to confirm this to you over the telephone.

I have had cases dealt via GISC by the FOS (lloyds), and you should be able to as well. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Hi Vossy

so sorry for the delay in responding.
                              Now as far as I'm aware Lloyds TSB General insurance were regulated by the FSA as from Jan 2005, prior to that they were GISC regulated, so in this case you are able to complain to the FOS.

What I would do is ring the FOS direct, and they should be able to confirm this to you over the telephone.

I have had cases dealt via GISC by the FOS (lloyds), and you should be able to as well. x
                              Thank you Di,

Blackhorse just trying to wriggle even more, just as I thought, I will call FOS and speak to them, I can't understand why I sent the letter to Lloyds TSB General Insurance and the reply came from Blackhorse in Cardiff still pointing me to the FLA, surely Blackhorse know I am chasing the underwriter now and should have directed me to the FOS this time. Oh well - onward!!

Thank you Di, have a great Christmas x

Comment

Thank you Di,

Blackhorse just trying to wriggle even more, just as I thought, I will call FOS and speak to them, I can't understand why I sent the letter to Lloyds TSB General Insurance and the reply came from Blackhorse in Cardiff still pointing me to the FLA, surely Blackhorse know I am chasing the underwriter now and should have directed me to the FOS this time. Oh well - onward!!

Thank you Di, have a great Christmas x
                                That's ok Vossy,
                                Yes know in BH they are trying to get out of it.

Did you manage to speak to the FOS today in the end?

You too have a wonderful Christmas x

Comment

Working...
                                X