GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi Di,

I have now finished my four page letter addressing all of the points that BlackWhore raised with my complaint, in particular the evidence they refer to that they used in reaching their decision and the fact that zilch came back from my SAR, in fact returned with my money.

I was wondering if, with my letter I should enclose a SAR request once more with the fee? Can I do that or is there some procedure that has to be followed?

Apparently some evidence they have is that I took out a loan in branch when in fact it was a motorcycle showroom, they have reviewed the sales advisers handling of the sale (how I wonder?) and insist that the adviser acted fairly and did not pressure me into taking PPI (No PPI - no loan) it did not happen they say.

I have pointed out in my reply it was those exact reasons that they now have to repay millions of people because of the greed of salespeople to earn commission and the banks behind them.

I have asked that before I take my complaint further they may wish to review the complaint once more.

What do you reckon Di?

Hi Vos

So sorry for missing this one earlier hon,

In my opinion yes that is fine, and to try again on the SAR is fine too, I would then add in the letter that you have at the same time enclosed the relevent payment for the data of the account, that you now feel they must hold because of the decision they made on the complaint.

Also add, that if you're unable to comply to my SAR, then what evidence do you have to support on how my policy was sold to me? And how they knew if the adviser/arranger sold the policy fairly to you.

I say go for it, and keep copies of everything you have received up to now, and anything else they send, in case they do reject again, you can therefore forward the details on to the FOS if it comes to this.

I have a feeling the FOS will see this in your favour, but no harm in giving it another shot before you do.

Good luck x

Comment

Thank you Di - a star as always

Comment

Thank you Di - a star as always
        LOL
        It's my pleasure Vos, and thank you for PM too. xx

Comment

Update so far:

SAR sent to BH, received cheque back with no details held on file.

PPI questionnaire sent.

Letter back rejecting PPI complaint quoting wrong stuff they hold on file.

I write again enclosing another SAR and asking for them to look at this again.

---------------

Today:

I have a bundle back from BH with all information following the second SAR. The agreement shows a single PPI payment added to the loan.

How do I proceed now?

I have already sent a completed FOS questionnaire and with the letter I sent along with the SAR I asked them to look at this again, do I now send them another reminder or wait again for them.
          The original complaint was made on 26 April.There is no mention in this letter that they are looking at my complaint, simply here are all the details you asked for.

I am minded to send another letter along the lines of "After receiving all of my information I still wish to proceed with my complaint as I was mis-sold this PPI etc etc"

Is this the right way forward?

Thanks

Comment

Update so far:

SAR sent to BH, received cheque back with no details held on file.

PPI questionnaire sent.

Letter back rejecting PPI complaint quoting wrong stuff they hold on file.

I write again enclosing another SAR and asking for them to look at this again.

---------------

Today:

I have a bundle back from BH with all information following the second SAR. The agreement shows a single PPI payment added to the loan.

How do I proceed now?

I have already sent a completed FOS questionnaire and with the letter I sent along with the SAR I asked them to look at this again, do I now send them another reminder or wait again for them.
            The original complaint was made on 26 April.There is no mention in this letter that they are looking at my complaint, simply here are all the details you asked for.

I am minded to send another letter along the lines of "After receiving all of my information I still wish to proceed with my complaint as I was mis-sold this PPI etc etc"

Is this the right way forward?

Thanks
            Hi Vossy

As you now have the details of the PPI, and you want to pursue the bank again on this (please remind me the year this loan was taken out)? if under jurisdiction with the FSA, it may be worth writing to the bank again.
            If you do this though, you will have to contact the FOS to let them know to hold back on the complaint you recently sent them, or another suggestion would be is to contact the FOS, explain you have since received some details and if they will pursue this on your behalf.

They will do so on your request.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi Vossy

As you now have the details of the PPI, and you want to pursue the bank again on this (please remind me the year this loan was taken out)? if under jurisdiction with the FSA, it may be worth writing to the bank again.
              If you do this though, you will have to contact the FOS to let them know to hold back on the complaint you recently sent them, or another suggestion would be is to contact the FOS, explain you have since received some details and if they will pursue this on your behalf.

They will do so on your request.
              Hi Di,

No this is not one of the FOS ones, I am still dealing with BH on this one, the other thread is going to FOS.

The agreement is dated 2 July 2004. They told me that this is not regulated by FOS but I can complain to the FLA, are those the same sort of thing?

Thanks
              Last edited by vossy; 9 July 2012, 10:40.

Comment

Hi Di,

No this is not one of the FOS ones, I am still dealing with BH on this one, the other thread is going to FOS.

The agreement is dated 2 July 2004. They told me that this is not regulated by FOS but I can complain to the FLA, are those the same sort of thing?

Thanks

LOL, cheers Vossy (my puter is real slow again today) so not had time to scroll through as it's even slower lol.

I was reading on the FLA website, and they do suggest that you write to the arranger first, and once you received the letter to clarify the FLA, then you go to them afterwards.

Strangely enough I'm on to one now as well and understand that GE Cap Bank (the reclaim complaint I am dealing with at the moment), and they will say NO, as mine is from the mid 90's LOL, so that letter should confirm the FLA as I am aware they were covered by this business. (We therefore have to send the FLA a copy of that letter).

So yes do give it a go with BH first, and go from there.

Comment

LOL, cheers Vossy (my puter is real slow again today) so not had time to scroll through as it's even slower lol.

I was reading on the FLA website, and they do suggest that you write to the arranger first, and once you received the letter to clarify the FLA, then you go to them afterwards.

Strangely enough I'm on to one now as well and understand that GE Cap Bank (the reclaim complaint I am dealing with at the moment), and they will say NO, as mine is from the mid 90's LOL, so that letter should confirm the FLA as I am aware they were covered by this business. (We therefore have to send the FLA a copy of that letter).

So yes do give it a go with BH first, and go from there.

Cheers Di

Will do BH one more time then and see, I do believe that these are just LTSB tricks to put people off reclaiming. No one on here I can think of though

Comment

Cheers Di

Will do BH one more time then and see, I do believe that these are just LTSB tricks to put people off reclaiming. No one on here I can think of though

LOL oh yes you can say that again

But you never know, hopefully this time it will work, I hope so anyway, if not then they should confirm the FLA on the letter and that is the one you send (copy) or email it to the FLA with a complaint form on the FLA website.
                    I can see me doing this too in time lol.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

LOL oh yes you can say that again

But you never know, hopefully this time it will work, I hope so anyway, if not then they should confirm the FLA on the letter and that is the one you send (copy) or email it to the FLA with a complaint form on the FLA website.
                      I can see me doing this too in time lol.

Fingers crossed.
                      Thanks Di.

Do the FLA have any bite with the banks or are they just toothless as well?

Comment

Thanks Di.

Do the FLA have any bite with the banks or are they just toothless as well?
                        Hmmmm, well to be quite blunt, I hear they are not that helpful, however I did read back a few months ago that someone did have success through the FLA.
                        The FLA does not make the decision or award compensation, but if they believe the bank has done wrong I think it's may be a case of the FLA directing them to pay out.

If the FLA are unable to help, they then come back with other suggestions.

I will post the details up shortly.

Comment

As promised in my above post, details of the FLA.......

http://www.fla.org.uk/consumer

Consumer Finance

Welcome to the consumer finance pages.

The FLA is the leading trade association for the consumer credit sector in the UK.
                          Member companies provided around £52 billion to consumers in 2011, representing almost 30% of all unsecured lending in the UK. Within that total, FLA members provided £13.6 billion of motor finance to consumers and financed over 60% of all new private car registrations.

Guidance

On this site you will find lots of guidance for consumers on the types of finance products, money advice, explanations of how credit decisions are taken and what happens when you want to repay your loan early. You will also find tips on credit repair, fraud prevention and our guide to financing a car.

FLA Complaints Scheme: Payment Protection Insurance
                          The FLA can only consider complaints against FLA members.
                          In order to use the FLA complaints scheme your complaint must have been through your lender’s own complaints process.
                          If you have previously complained to the FLA about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), please contact your lender first. They will let you know what action you should take.
                          If this is your first complaint about PPI, and you have already received a response that you are unhappy with from your lender, please download our complaint form and post it to us at:

Finance & Leasing Association
                          2nd Floor
                          Imperial House
                          15-19 Kingsway
                          London
                          WC2B 6UN

Alternatively, you can submit your complaint on-line. Go to ‘Information and advice for Consumers’ and click the link for ‘Complaints Process’.

Please note that the FLA cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint.
                          The FLA does not provide legal advice under any circumstances. If you require legal advice you should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau, Trading Standards Office or a Solicitor.
                          Who are our members and what sort of credit do they provide?

Our members include banks, subsidiaries of banks and building societies, the finance sections of leading retailers and manufacturing companies, and a range of independent firms. They provide a wide range of facilities, including finance leasing, operating leasing, hire purchase, conditional sale, personal contract purchase plans, personal lease plans, secured and unsecured personal loans, credit cards and store cards.

Best practice

The FLA promotes best practice in lending and leasing. Our Lending Code sets out standards of good practice for the finance and leasing industry. It is your reassurance, when you apply for finance from a full member of the FLA, that you are doing business with a reputable organisation. The code was recently described by the Financial Ombudsman Service as the industry’s good practice benchmark.

Comment

Thank you Di,

We will wait and see, the banks or some of them are using every trick in the book not to pay any of these claims, even the legit ones.

Off topic though. My son decided to claim back from Barclays not long ago, he called them up on the helpline and they sent him the docs within a couple of days, he sent it back and three weeks later they repaid him just over 6k, no arguments at all.

I know other people have problems with Barclays but he did okay.

Then there's me

Comment

Thank you Di,

We will wait and see, the banks or some of them are using every trick in the book not to pay any of these claims, even the legit ones.

Off topic though. My son decided to claim back from Barclays not long ago, he called them up on the helpline and they sent him the docs within a couple of days, he sent it back and three weeks later they repaid him just over 6k, no arguments at all.

I know other people have problems with Barclays but he did okay.

Then there's me

Your welcome.

As I am a little behind you with mine, I shall be asking you stuff soon I expect lol.
                              Let's hope they see sense and pay up though.

WOW! Well done to ya son, that is wonderful news .

I know it can be gutting as well though, especially if you keep getting turned down.........and seeing others success, but I think it just gives you more strength to keep fighting.

I also think it may depend on who's desk it ends up on too.

Comment

Your welcome.

As I am a little behind you with mine, I shall be asking you stuff soon I expect lol.
                                Let's hope they see sense and pay up though.

WOW! Well done to ya son, that is wonderful news .

I know it can be gutting as well though, especially if you keep getting turned down.........and seeing others success, but I think it just gives you more strength to keep fighting.

I also think it may depend on who's desk it ends up on too.
                                Yep your dead right, you would think that this was their bloody money

My son didn't even ask daddy for help but I did push him into going for the complaint, he is only 30 after all and still needs telling what to do
                                He did by us a very nice pressie though so I am pleased

Comment

Working...
                                X