GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script myself and barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myself and barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myself and barclaycard

i have a credit card with barclaycard with a 3k debt on it my monthly payments were getting too much so i wrote and requested a lower payment ,they sent a letter back asking me how much i could afford to pay i said £20 .so was waiting for a reply to that ,then i get this today [pic] im really peed off because i went down the correct channels they said they were happy to help see b/card letter ,i responed the next day to there letter ,i dont want to ring because ill get some dork ,who cant do anything .so how can i respond to the dca letter and barclaycard ????
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Riz; 18 May 2012, 21:06. Reason: Remove personal details

Re: myself and barclaycard

this is the normal behavior of banks, nothing unusual here

how old is the card?

Comment

this was the first card i had so got to be at least 10 -12 years old

Comment

I dealt with Barclaycard... They wouldnt offer much in the way of reducing debt, they (after escalating the query) came back with a reduced settlement of just over £1200 for a £1900 debt. They insisted this was the biggest reduction they could offer, and it HAD to paid over 6 months max...

This wasnt my debt, i would have gone on to fight further, but the person who's debt it was, was happy with this arrangement, and accepted just to be rid of it soon (hasnt been defaulted, and they agreed not to mark it as AP, and been true to their word thus far.. 3 payments left).

We are sending a SAR though, to reclaim all the charges, but timing it so SAR sent whilst account active, but request for charges refund is after acount marked settled. This way they shouldnt Default in retaliation, and cant Set Off against debt..

How old is your account? You could do similar and try to get refund set off the debt, or you could go for the

unenforceable route and take the default...?

EDIT: lol, i was too slow.. Bloody phone.. Go for charges refund in my opinion, plus interest! Or both routes alongside eachother...
        Last edited by Shadow2981; 17 May 2012, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
          i have a credit card with barclaycard with a 3k debt on it my monthly payments were getting too much so i wrote and requested a lower payment ,they sent a letter back asking me how much i could afford to pay i said £20 .so was waiting for a reply to that ,then i get this today [pic] im really peed off because i went down the correct channels they said they were happy to help see b/card letter ,i responed the next day to there letter ,i dont want to ring because ill get some dork ,who cant do anything .so how can i respond to the dca letter and barclaycard ????
          Why don't you go the UN route with this ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sorry but what is UN ? i know im thick

Comment

Oh, also, you're right, they are useless on the phone.. UNLESS you phone their Customer Relations department.. I can get the number off my cousin if you'd like? Record the call though. They are UK based, open during office hours only, but you get a speedy turn around through them... Let me know if you want it, and ill find it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
                Oh, also, you're right, they are useless on the phone.. UNLESS you phone their Customer Relations department.. I can get the number off my cousin if you'd like? Record the call though. They are UK based, open during office hours only, but you get a speedy turn around through them... Let me know if you want it, and ill find it out...
                got no way of recording the call

Comment

UE is unenforceable... But if you haven't been defaulted, you will be.. You might find charges set off against the balance may make the balance more affordable, so you can pay off and settle witbout being crippled by a default if you dont have any presently...

Do you have an android phone? There are lots of apps that can record calls... total recall is a goodun
                  Last edited by Shadow2981; 17 May 2012, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    As the account is pre-2007 I'd say hit them with a CCA request and see what they come back with. There are lots of people here with BCs where Barcraps haven't been able to locate the agreement.

If it turned out to be enforceable then you could try to reclaim charges, however if it's UE why bother?

Barcraps are not the sharpest tool in the box - I have accounts with them yet I've never heard anything abou my Egg card not paid since Jan 2010!

UE = unenforceable
                    ive just wrote a letter asking why they have done this, as i asked for help ,will see what the reply is ,if they default me i will go the ue route,or take shadows advice
                    Last edited by davidm; 17 May 2012, 17:57.

Comment

Just been reading your other thread-----> advice on credit card debts

You have nothing to lose by doing a --------> CCA Request
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Just been reading your other thread-----> advice on credit card debts

You have nothing to lose by doing a --------> CCA Request
                        no already got defaults ,im a collector dont you know .shall i wait to see there response or send them one now ???? if they agree to the £20 i can manage that .if i send a cca and its enforcible they wont agree to any payment plan then will they ??

Comment

and i wouldn'be phoning them because it will ultimately get you no where.
                          as FP says it's your right to ask for a copy of your CCA,
                          so you said that you were finding the payments too much, did you actually default? ie not pthe monthly payment in full?

Comment

I agree, get the default now, in six years it could save a few months before it drops off.. And in six years time, those months could prove valuable... Fuck the bad debts now, and over those six years, just maintain the things on your credit file that you can manage fine (mobile phone bill, bank accounts etc...) So when defaults drop off, you have good credit rather than no credit/adverse credit.

You could advise Barclaycard that you have concerns about the account, and that you are going to request some info in order to investigate yourself, and ask if they could temporarily freeze the account.. If they do it will be goodwill, they dont have to obviously, but dont ask, dont get..

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              Why don't you go the UN route with this ?
                              The UN peacekeeping approach with banks - that's novel

Comment

Working...
                              X