GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script bankruptcy proceeding being considered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bankruptcy proceeding being considered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankruptcy proceeding being considered

I have received a "bankruptcy proceeding being considered" letter from a company call 1st Credit for a LLoyds bank debt £7,000. which I am unaware of.

do I just ignore the letter?.. can anybody help?

Re: bankruptcy proceeding being considered

Hi rod, is this the only letter from 1st, or have they contacted you before?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I received one letter from 1st Credit 6 days before the "bankruptcy proceeding being considered" letter just to introduce them selfs and to say that have taken over the debt from Lloyd s bank

Comment

Sounds like a scare tactic.... please don't be tempted into making phone contact.

Are you saying that you have no recollection of any debt to Lloyd's Bank at all (regardless of the amount stated on their letter)?
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

not sure they may possibly be a credit card debt a good few years ago. i must also mention that letter was not send to my residential address but to a previous property

Comment

A good few? How many? If this should happen to be your debt, how long would it have been since you last made a payment towards it or acknowledged it in writing?

Over or under 6 years?

Comment

I think it would be over 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                possibly be a credit card debt a good few years ago. i must also mention that letter was not send to my residential address but to a previous property
                Don't ignore that letter but don't reply to it just yet either until we get more background from you. 1st Credit have recently bought a portfolio of Lloyds' debts and they are issuing plenty of statutory demands using Connaught. I don't think it is necessarily a bluff. Do you own your home because that will dictate what level of risk you should be taking towards this?

If the letter was sent to a previous property how come you got it this week? How long since you moved from the old address and could there have been other letters from Lloyds which weren't forwarded to you?

We tend to suggest members send a section 78 request on receipt of a bankruptcy threat from 1st Credit. But let's wait and see what more info you can give us first. The date of your last payment is paramount.

Comment

the letter was sent to a property which I own but I am not living in it

Comment

I cant recall paying any money relating to a credit card to Lloyd bank within the last 6yrs

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                      the letter was sent to a property which I own but I am not living in it
                      In which case 1st Credit may have done a Land Registry search to establish whether you have property assets before threatening you with BR. Was your Lloyds' credit card account opened or managed at that address in the past so this could be your 'last known address' as far as they're concerned? How long since you've moved out?

Most online bank accounts have the facility for the customer to see bank statements for the last six years (my NatWest does) so you could check if you've made any payments to this Lloyds credit card that way.

I don't know exactly how quick banks are at selling on bad debts but they usually get rid of them after 2 - 4 years of delinquency and/or silence rather than wait over six years, although you say it was only a week ago that you were told it had been bought by 1st Credit.

I'm not doubting that you haven't paid it for six years so the debt could be SB but it's good to get all your ducks lined up in a row in case they pounce with a SD. If it's an old LLoyds credit card there may well be plenty of other reasons why they can't enforce it too

Comment

Have you applied for any credit with anyone recently? I always get a letter or 3 from this lot whenever I get new credit. I think I have the entire collection of there templates dating back to 2004

Comment

I'll flag this up for our Forum admin, Never-in-Doubt, to look in. Don't contact 1st Credit till he's had a look at this

Comment

Hi

In order to assist; can you please be specific -

1. Is this your debt?
                            2. Did you ever open the account at the address used?
                            3. When did you last pay (if applicable)
                            4. What type of account is this?

Don't send any letters yet. If they issue a claim we'll be able to stop it.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all for this.. I moved out of the property which I still own in 2003..I will check with Lloyd bank to find out more about this debt, last payment, bank statement etc.

I will wait for more info and see what arrive in the post before I contact them.

If they were it issue a SD in the meantime will I be in a good position to cancel it?

Comment

Working...
                              X