GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caps and Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caps and Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps and Lloyds

Morning all

Back in June 2009 when my OH lost his job, I stopped paying my LLoyds TSB credit card. It was a card which was issued as standard with an account back in the day (1994ish) but for some reason it was changed in about 1998. I did CCA them in 2009 and received all the usual rubbish of a reconsituted agreement, then sent off a SAR. This proved to be interesting, and having reported them for non compliance to the FOB, to which they denied receiving the request, only for me to prove with received letters that they did and forwarded the request to another department, did Lloyds comply and send me a bundle of papers. In this bundle was an application form from 1998 for a Personal Advance Approval Form and on they claimed to be the reverse T&C's however the reverse was headed up File copy.

To cut a long story short, I have received little in the way of correspondence since the beginning of 2012, and dearly wanted to believe that they had lost my file. However, I, like many others appear to have our accounts sold on to Lovell. Can you please advise me what action should I take next? Should I write back and say the account is in dispute, or leave it until I receive more correspondence from Lovell?

Thanks

Caps

Re: Caps and Lloyds

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
    Morning all

Back in June 2009 when my OH lost his job, I stopped paying my LLoyds TSB credit card. It was a card which was issued as standard with an account back in the day (1994ish) but for some reason it was changed in about 1998. I did CCA them in 2009 and received all the usual rubbish of a reconsituted agreement, then sent off a SAR. This proved to be interesting, and having reported them for non compliance to the FOB, to which they denied receiving the request, only for me to prove with received letters that they did and forwarded the request to another department, did Lloyds comply and send me a bundle of papers. In this bundle was an application form from 1998 for a Personal Advance Approval Form and on they claimed to be the reverse T&C's however the reverse was headed up File copy.

To cut a long story short, I have received little in the way of correspondence since the beginning of 2012, and dearly wanted to believe that they had lost my file. However, I, like many others appear to have our accounts sold on to Lovell. Can you please advise me what action should I take next? Should I write back and say the account is in dispute, or leave it until I receive more correspondence from Lovell?

Thanks

Caps
    If it were me I'd leave it for now wait and see if they get heavy......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Deepie.

I think I will do that. I do have a few standard type letters (I know Paul wouldnt approve ) to fire off to delay things.

Capricorn

Comment

Do you mean Lovell or Lowell please?

regards
        G

Comment

Lowell

Comment

Another quick question

The letter(s) I just received in the same envelope, have both been sent from Lowell. One is on Lloyds letterhead, signed off by Craig Ballantine. It has clearly been issued by Lowells and not Lloyds. It is claiming to be the Notice of Assignment. Reference numbers on both sides of the page match those to the Lowell introduction letter. Is this classed as a true NOA? Shouldnt it have come directly from Lloyds? Although as I recall their last correspondence going on 2 years ago said they would no longer reply to any correspondence I send them.

Thanks

Comment

I think I would take Deepie's post face value. Yes in effect you do have a proper NoA and yes they do come in the same envelope these days. Don't worry Lowells (known in many circles as The Leeds Losers) can be trouble but they do not like resistance to their demands. We have had them back down formally on two counts so far.

I didn't, but I think now I would await their next move. By the way it is unwise to use your own letters, try to use the templates provided here suitably tailored to your case. These are specifically checked to ensure that you do not inadvertently acknowledge the debt(s) which these toe rags will seize upon immediately plus they are kept up to date with relevant case law.

regards
              G

Comment

Thanks G

Comment

had the same letters again. should I still wait?

Comment

These are exactly the same letters I take it from Lowells, one "introducing" and one from Lloyds themselves? That being the case then they have not moved their position at all. Hence I would just wait and see what they come up with next. By the way you are keeping everything INCLUDING the envelopes it all arrives in marked up with the date it falls through your door. My take on it would be if they are duplicating correspondence that they are trying to obtain a reaction and they are a bit nervous that they don't have anything really substantive. Might be wrong. See what others say.

regards
                    G

Comment

Hi all

Another letter today from Lowell, threatening to pass my details to Red for collection. Should I still hang fire or send them a reply stating my account was in serious dispute etc/or to prove the debt?

Thanks

Capricorn

Comment

I'd be tempted to send a fresh CCA Request, as even though they found the docs in 2009 there's no guarantee they'll come up with them now. Stop them in their tracks

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...2-cca-requests

Elsa x
                        Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 24 August 2013, 13:47. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                          I'd be tempted to send a fresh CCA Request, as even though they found the docs in 2009 there's no guarantee they'll come up with them now. Stop them in their tracks

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...2-cca-requests

Elsa x
                          It stopped Lowells with us on two accounts.

regards
                          G

Comment

Evening all

Sent Lowlife a prove it letter, then received a response saying they were putting my account on hold and would respond within 8 weeks. Came home tonight to a lengthy response letter.

Basically Lloyds have now found the original CCA from 1994 and another from 1998. I have seen the 1998 one before, but LTSB never came up with the goods on the original. THey appear to have given me 60 days in which to respond before passing to their collection department (mid Dec). Any suggestions what I do now? SHould I write to them and ask them if they are therefore aware of the dispute Referencing the ICO (yes I wrote to them in 2009) and the Financial Onbudsman. Any help gratefully received. I am starting to panic now. I have been reading threads about the Leeds loosers and their underhand tactics of handing out SD's like sweeties, and I cant risk one of those, but cant find all the money to be able to just get rid of them. My last payment was the end of May 2009 so a way to go before SB.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
                              THey appear to have given me 60 days in which to respond before passing to their collection department (mid Dec). Any suggestions what I do now?
                              Thanks
                              If it were me I wouldn't respond until the 59th day.........
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X