GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caps and Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caps and Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caps and Lloyds

Could anyone assist please, I need to respond by the end of this week. I emailed Niddy the letters that Lowell sent me in response. Thanks

Comment

You need to either blag it or cave in but it's enforceable isn't it?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just an aside - did you ever take out PPI with Lloyds on this credit card. You also mentioned that there was over £1000 of charges applied - have they provided you with a breakdown of the charges?

I think it may be worth looking to see if the charges they have applied align with what the t&c's are in the CCA.

You're 13 months off this becoming statute barred. Hopefully you can make yourself enough of a PITA that Lowells drop and give up before then. Its normal to have an 'aggressive' phase about now as they also know they are running out of time so try to relax (I know its easier said than done), and use the length of time of their internal procedures to drag things out.

Have they given you a 'final response' yet too? You don't want to jump in yet with complaints to the FoS if they haven't issued a final response and I'd be reluctant about going to the FoS at this stage.

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
          Im feeling a little bit lonley on this thread. Has everyone abandoned me?
          No matey - but it would be helpful if you could let us know what Lowells have said in their letters to you other than posting direct to Niddy - he's a little bit busy and if people think he is dealing directly with you all the time may be a little reluctant to offer advice
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well it seems Capricorn argued that Lloyds closed the account after a FOS complaint. If the FOS said to close it then Lloyds would have done so. Did the FOS say this or have Lowells got it wrong?

To be honest I'd just ignore them for now and wait till they next write and then we'll confuse them with another template - we gotta push this along for a few months but try not to stress as it doesn't help you. Trust me when I tell you a dca deadline is worthless. Don't be so hasty to ask how high when they say jump! Our approach is to ignore it then argue back asking why...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HI there

Had another letter, basically ignoring my request that the copy was illegible. I ignored it as there was not demand in this letter. I have just received another standard pay up or contact us to arrange payment standard letter. Im a bit calmer now, but its costing a fortune in wine

I think I will be approaching the time where I am going to have to make some sort of offer and was wanting advice.

1. Do you have a letter template which I could use to make an offer without admitting liability on the debt
              2 The debt stands at approx £6700 of which £1500 was applied whilst in dispute, so what starting point would you take on making an offer. This account has only 12 month now until SB.
              3. If they wont accept an offer, how much should I offer for a monthly payment.

Thanks

Capricorn

Comment

Please don't offer them anything. 12 months to go! keep fighting, if you make them an any sort of offer, they will smell blood and set the dogs on you. If you pay them, even one pound, novation of contract can kick in. You may well have admitted liability for the debt.
                Wait for the next letter. Another bottle of wine?

Comment

if they ignored your last letter, these are probably just mailshots with no specific threat

I'd wait and see and come back to us when (IF) they send something else.

far too soon to be giving in, we've been blagging some for nearly 4 years................................

Comment

Thank you all

I was planning, but may now hold off, sending them a letter reiterating the requirement for a legible copy and asking them to take another copy off, or to suggest that I could perhaps visit their offices or that of a Lloyds branch local to me to view the original document as I have concerns regarding the second page and its connection to the first being marked as Bank Copy, its illegibility and no obvious printer codes.

Comment

I wouldn't, why would you tell them the details of what is wrong

the templates work well, I'd just stick with them

Comment

Morning all

Its a long time since I visited this thread, mainly as I had it under control. In the past year all I have received from Lowells, are the series of template letters, usually timed a couple of weeks apart then paused for a month or so before starting the series over again. I have received tempting proposals of 50% off, followed by 30% off the balance. In May I received a new template letter saying they wanted my for payment, which I duly ignored.

Last Thursday, I received a letter from Lowell together with one from Fredricksons, which I'm not sure may be an LBA. No timescales given just threatening to pass the account to Bryan Carter if they do not hear from me. Saturday I had a voicemessage on my mobile from them. Today a text message. At no time have I given Lloyds/Lowell or any other DCA my mobile telephone number, so this has shaken me.

Anyone familiar with my other thread will understand my anxiety. I have done some digging into my old paperwork and can confirm the following:

DN - Lloyds - September 2009 (although DN showing as Jan 2010 on Noodle)
                        Last payment received - confirmed on SAR and statements as 29th May 2009
                        Letter confirming last payment to Lloyds - 1 June 2009
                        Statement of account received confirming no payments made to Lowell

So this is Statute Barred? Just double checking before I receive some other nasty surprise as per PRA!

I'm just looking for some reassurance before I fire off the SB letter.

Thanks

Caps

Comment

It definitely seems SB to me from what you've given.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Caps, please could you email me and PlanB a copy of the letters from Freds and Lowells.

From what you said it would have been SB the day after the first missed payment, so 30th June.
                            Lowell's however have a fanciful notion that the SB clock doesn't start ticking till termination, but we've seen them off about that before.

Let's see what the letters say before jumping in with the SB letter,

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa

Copy of letters winging their way through right now.

Thanks

Caps

Comment

Quick question, what would now be regarded as harrassment? I have never handed my mobile number out to anyone. Lloyds never attempted to call me, neither did Lowells. To date since Thursday I have:
                                1. Missed call on Saturday leaving answerphone message
                                2. Text Message 9:18 this morning
                                3.Message left on my mobile answerphone about an hour ago ( I have blocked the number so they cant call me)

Thanks

Caps

Comment

Working...
                                X