GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caps and Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caps and Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caps and Lloyds

LOL Thanks Deepie, I'm certainly not going to rush into responding to them, and would like the next communication to stop them in their tracks. However, cant help worry especially after reading on this board and others like it what they are up to at the moment. I think if I hadnt responded back to them when I did I would have faced a SD by now. After just getting back on our feet after my husbands redundancy, I dont want to risk an SD and bankruptcy.

Comment

Hi, have you sent both agreements to Niddy to check on their enforceability?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no, whats the best way of doing that without showing them to the whole world? The ones they sent are barely legible especially the 1998 version, which is marked up on the reverse (or what claims to be) as Bank copy

Comment

Well if it were me I'd not be worrying this side of Christmas.....

Two weeks ago I got a letter before action from Wright Hassall...on behalf of Lowell.... they were quick to respond back to my reply ...account on hold

I know..... No two accounts are the same ....I've got 11 months until SB...
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Deepie

Had quite a year of it with old debts, so prone to worry. My other one was MBNA, but luckily was withdrawn. Ideally I would like to send this lot packing too. I was hoping someone might help me put together a letter which would then set Lowlife worrying, as the account was in dispute as the cca took a number of years to materialise and was gaining interest during that time. The account was subject to an investigation from the ICO and Financial Ombudsman, and would dearly like them to know about this.

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ement-to-Niddy

this tells you how to get your agreement to Niddy; no-one else sees them. You need to put your name in the address bar and have a link to this thread.

Comment

Thank you. Havent seen you around for ages, I remember you from the early days on 'the other forum'. Just having a few IT problems but will try and scan and load up asap. In the mean time, can anyone offer any advice on F&F settlements? What is the best starting point and what is the most likely figure they will agree to. We are talking of a balance of over £6k, but should be just over £5k due to unlawful charges and interest whilst the account was in dispute

Thanks

Comment

I would be checking the paperwork first before you start to think about F&F specially if it's nearly entirely made up of charges

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    I would be checking the paperwork first before you start to think about F&F specially if it's nearly entirely made up of charges
                    Couldn't agree more. Also wait until what theyhave sent has been assesed so you know whether it is likely to be found unenforceable or not.

Comment

approx 1k is charges

Comment

Emailed Niddy

Comment

gimme ten to check......
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's hard to see the full terms, although illegible send this to see if they have any other variations --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms

It's enforceable from what I can see, but lets see what else they have as that could change if it mentions something which is actually missing.....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Evening all

Well as planned I waited until the 11th hour to send my response. I have today received their reply (dated 27th December).

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us recently.

I confirm that your complaint has now been passed to the Customer Relations Department who will carry out a thorough investigation. We will investigate this as quickly as we can but we may need to contact you for further information or to provide you with an update.

If we can contact you by telephone, we will be able to discuss your concerns directly with you and and hopefully agree a resolution with you verbally. This is the quickest and easiest way for us to resolve this for you.

I would like to assure you that the account will be placed on hold and we will stop all collections activities whilst dealing with your complaint."

Comment

Hi

Had another letter to say they are still awaiting a response from LLoyds but this could take 8 weeks.

Just wondering if its best to approach the subject of a F&F before they get an answer back from Lloyds, or wait until they come back with something. Which do you think would give me the best opportunity to negotiate the lowest settlement possible?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X