GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bullying tactics in the past? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullying tactics in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying tactics in the past?

I have a debt that I am paying to Crapquest, and have been since January 2009.

When they first made contact I spoke to them on the phone, where they proceeded to bully and threaten me into paying £52.50 a month, which I have done since.

Back in 2009 I didn't know that I should be getting them to prove they have the right to collect the debt, or that it was enforceable in the first place.

Since then I have paid off about a third of the debt, so, in theory, it'll take me another 6 years to clear. Now due to my young son needing a nursery place we are DESPERATE for every penny we have, I am the main earner but my partner has been on SMP (no company maternity package) since June last year. When she returns top work at the beginning of April she'll be going back part time, so money is extremely tight. We can't claim CTC or WTC as I earn too much, but have CSA and travel to work commitments that eat up the vast majority of my wages every month (over £700!).

So my question is, moral issues aside, should I just stop paying and CCA them (debt is from around 2003, and has already dropped off my credit file) when they come calling get them to prove enforceability?

I intend to keep the monthly payment just in-case I have ruined all of my chances by letting them bully me into paying and have to start paying them again.

What do you guys think?

Re: Bullying tactics in the past?

no harm in trying.........CCA Request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, I was just worried about the fact I've been paying this for 3 years due to their threats in the beginning. It definitely can't be SB.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
        Thanks, I was just worried about the fact I've been paying this for 3 years due to their threats in the beginning. It definitely can't be SB.
        Ahh but it may be UE
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. What pisses me off is that if I'd have known about all the things we can do to thwart these DCA's, it would have been SB already

Hindsight, eh?

Anyway, plan of action is to cancel the DD (yeah, I know ), wait for them to write (they don't have my telephone number), let them write some more, ignore them, ignore them some more, then when I can be bothered I'll start a UE diary

Hypothetically speaking, I assume they can't begin legal proceedings purely off the back of me paying for the last 3 years?
          Last edited by asm76; 24 February 2012, 12:12.

Comment

Hypothetically speaking, I assume they can't begin legal proceedings purely off the back of me paying for the last 3 years?
            No, you mean they cannot start legal proceedings until after such time they comply with your CCA Request so obviously send one off no matter what
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Pre-empt their whinging or just wait it out til they notice and write?

Comment

Pre-empt their whinging or just wait it out til they notice and write?
                stop payment, wait for them to hassle you then send CCA request off

Comment

The calls and recorded voicemails have started.

Comment

Righto... letter received, posted below... should I act now or wait to see what comes next?

Comment

If you have CCA'd them then wait for their next letter.

Comment

I haven't CCA'd them.

Comment

I haven't CCA'd them.
                          then that's the starting point here then...... send a cca

Comment

Yep, thanks. I assume I'm CCA'ing Crapquest and not HL Legal?

Comment

Yep, thanks. I assume I'm CCA'ing Crapquest and not HL Legal?
                              Yea send to capquest.

Comment

Working...
                              X