GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bullying tactics in the past? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullying tactics in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bullying tactics in the past?

Fair do's

Comment

I can hardly wait for the next episode, I have about 5 debts with DCA's coming up to the 6 years very very soon, and one is with the aforementioned crapquest.

Comment

Mine can't be SB for another 6 years as I've been paying it.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
          Mine can't be SB for another 6 years as I've been paying it.
          When was the debt incurred?

How long passed between your last payment to the original creditor and your payments to CrapQuest?

Comment

Debt started in 2003. Stopped paying the OC around Jul 2005. Crapquest started hounding me in 2009 which is when I started paying again.

Comment

That's a pity - I was hoping it might have become SB before CrapQuest got their paws on it.

Comment

I've already looked at it that way. If that was the case I'd have been on it like a tramp on chips!!

Comment

I'd have been on it like a tramp on chips!!

Comment

Debt started in 2003. Stopped paying the OC around Jul 2005. Crapquest started hounding me in 2009 which is when I started paying again.

So the last payment must be to the OC over 6 years ago and NOT the DCA, whether payments are made or not since? As long as the payments are not to the OC? Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                      So the last payment must be to the OC over 6 years ago and NOT the DCA, whether payments are made or not since? As long as the payments are not to the OC? Is this correct?
                      No. If you paid the DCA then it would be last payment received by the DCA that would be the start of the limitation period.

The easiest way to describe SB is 6yrs + a month after the date you first missed a payment.

So if you paid a debt until March 2004 it'd be SB in April 2010 however if you paid even £1 to a DCA (lets say in Dec 2009) it'd be SB 6 yrs from that date meaning in this example the SB date would be Jan 2015.

Make sense?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It matters not whether you pay the OC or the DCA.

It's SB 6 years from the date you last made payment. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                          I can hardly wait for the next episode, I have about 5 debts with DCA's coming up to the 6 years very very soon, and one is with the aforementioned crapquest.

see this - I pulled their plonker long enough to drag it through the limitation period

Muppets fell for it hook, line & sinker

---> Niddy v CapQuest - allaboutFORUMS
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No. If you paid the DCA then it would be last payment received by the DCA that would be the start of the limitation period.

The easiest way to describe SB is 6yrs + a month after the date you first missed a payment.

So if you paid a debt until March 2004 it'd be SB in April 2010 however if you paid even £1 to a DCA (lets say in Dec 2009) it'd be SB 6 yrs from that date meaning in this example the SB date would be Jan 2015.

Make sense?

Yes, thank you NID.

Comment

Crapquest wrote back saying my account was on hold for 28 days while they find the information I have requested.
                              Well, 28 days is up

Comment

Still all quiet on the western front!

Comment

Working...
                                X