GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late wife's commercial loan problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late wife's commercial loan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late wife's commercial loan problem

Could someone tell me if this can be used for a loan agreement,a commercial loan agreement, I am the executor of my late partners estate and the bank have forged a copy of the loan agreement saying it is an original certified agreement but it is not, as I have the original and the two documents are totally different,the head office of the bank say there is no agreement on file,but the bank manager keeps sending me the forgery,regards Streetwise.

Re: CPUTR 2008 Thread

Are commercial loans subject to the CCA1974?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Are commercial loans subject to the CCA1974?
      Don't no,will have a look around just wondered if I could use this to make them show there hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
        Don't no,will have a look around just wondered if I could use this to make them show there hand.
        look at your original and at the top, does it say "regulated under the consumer credit act 1974...."
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

look at your original and at the top, does it say "regulated under the consumer credit act 1974...."
          No,it is not mentioned in the agreement,the agreement was drawn up in February 2007.

Comment

Then you cannot utilise cca1974 unfortunately.

Comment

Then you cannot utilise cca1974 unfortunately.
              Thanks for that,I thought I could use CPTUR to get them to clarify that they did not have a copy of the original agreement.

Comment

Thanks for that,I thought I could use CPTUR to get them to clarify that they did not have a copy of the original agreement.
                and then what? you still need CCA1974 (i.e. s.127) to utilise it - so whether they have a copy or not doesn't matter as far as anything unenforceability concerned.... as this loan is outwith the scope of the CCA thus no matter what - you cannot utilise any part of them.

See where I'm coming from here?

Comment

and then what? you still need CCA1974 (i.e. s.127) to utilise it - so whether they have a copy or not doesn't matter as far as anything unenforceability concerned.... as this loan is outwith the scope of the CCA thus no matter what - you cannot utilise any part of them.

See where I'm coming from here?
                  So out of scope agreements cannot be unenforceable.

Comment

So out of scope agreements cannot be unenforceable.
                    ermmmm (see last post).

if its nothing to do with the CCA then of course you cannot utilise the CCA within any argument can you? Kinda like you complaining about being sold a dud car (sale of goods etc) and quoting family law (divorces etc) -

Comment

ermmmm (see last post).

if its nothing to do with the CCA then of course you cannot utilise the CCA within any argument can you? Kinda like you complaining about being sold a dud car (sale of goods etc) and quoting family law (divorces etc) -
                      I get you,But my partner had been asking the bank for the copy of the loan agreement for over a year before she died and they would not supply one,an agreement only turned up after they were told that she was terminally ill and could not handle her affairs any more (Brain Tumor),I asked my M.P.to ask them were this loan agreement came from and they told her that they did not have a loan agreement on file,but as I said before the bank manager still insists that the loan agreement that he keeps sending me is genuine,but I've showed him it doesn't match the agreement that I have on file,so I suppose I am asking what happens if they don't have the loan agreement,where will I stand with winding up the estate,
                      Last edited by Streetwise; 14 March 2012, 16:24.

Comment

I see where you're coming from now. Ideally you need probate help - ill ask Paul to pop in and give his views on the agreement aspect.

Sit tight :niddy

Comment

Email sent to Paul.

Comment

Email sent to Paul.
                            Thank you.

Comment

I get you,But my partner had been asking the bank for the copy of the loan agreement for over a year before she died and they would not supply one,an agreement only turned up after they were told that she was terminally ill and could not handle her affairs any more (Brain Tumor),I asked my M.P.to ask them were this loan agreement came from and they told her that they did not have a loan agreement on file,but as I said before the bank manager still insists that the loan agreement that he keeps sending me is genuine,but I've showed him it doesn't match the agreement that I have on file,so I suppose I am asking what happens if they don't have the loan agreement,where will I stand with winding up the estate,
                              What was his response when he saw yours?.... Was it verbal or in writing?
                              Remember the mantra:
                              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X