GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late wife's commercial loan problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late wife's commercial loan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late wife's commercial loan problem

Originally posted by alangee View Post
    Have you informed the banks head office that you will contact the police if you do not get satisfactory answers? Who is the bank? There was a case OTR where RBS/NatWest were accused of falsifying a customers signature, which has now been resolved to everyones satisfaction. - take that as you will!

Have you taken advice from anybody as to the validity of the charge on your house now your partner has died? What I mean is that it appears that her business partner is now responsible for the loan, so as it stands at the moment, if he were to default on the loan, you could lose your house. That does not seem right to me. If the loan is now his responsibility, then your home should not be held to ransom. I know that if someone dies, then their debts can be transferred to their estate, but in this case it is a business loan, which has been transferred to her business partner. At the moment, he has a business loan secured against a property which has nothing to do with him.

Has Paul had a look at your agreement(s)?

Alan
    Hi Alan,

Same bank as PW.

Bank has not been informed I intend to contact police.

This is the problem,bank don't even have the other partners address all communication comes to me,all finances to do with flats I handle, in case it gets defaulted.

PW has and confirms they are forgery's,Niddy has emailed Paul on this site and I await his response.

Regards Streetwise.

Comment

I just wonder if you go through the same names at the bank as PW did, you may get a speedier response/resolution.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
        Hi Alan,

Same bank as PW.

Bank has not been informed I intend to contact police.

This is the problem,bank don't even have the other partners address all communication comes to me,all finances to do with flats I handle, in case it gets defaulted.

PW has and confirms they are forgery's,Niddy has emailed Paul on this site and I await his response.

Regards Streetwise.
        Can Paul help on this Niddy,regards Streetwise.

Comment

Can Paul help on this Niddy,regards Streetwise.
          Bump.

Comment

Apologies. Check you pm's.

I've sent you details.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Apologies. Check you pm's.

I've sent you details.
              Cheers

Comment

Received formal demand letter from bank.

Received a Formal demand letter from the bank,advising me that they are withdrawing there banking facilities to me on the 23rd of August and advising I get an account with another bank.

They want to no how I intend to pay back 272.000.00,that they lent my partner who has passed away nearly 2 years ago now.

As executor of her estate they provided me with a reconstituted loan agreement,that the signatures do not match up with the agreement I have on file.

I asked them to provide me with the original agreement,they sent me a letter saying that they do not have the original agreement,and that the agreement they sent me was a true certified copy of the original agreement,but with some typographical errors.

Just to add this loan has never been defaulted on,and is serviced by the rental of 2 properties that are let out.

I offered back in December 2011 to keep paying them the interest on the loan plus 10.000.00 pounds a year on top too pay this loan of over a period of 15 years,they never replied to me.

I was advised on another forum to go to the police,which I did ,they told me that a crime had been committed under the counterfeiting and forgery act, to do with the copy of the agreement that the bank gave me but they could not act as no loss had been suffered yet,and that I should take a civil action against the bank as I had a good case.

If this was to go before a judge and he could see that I have offered to pay this loan back and it has never been defaulted on in over 5 years,and they have given me a forged document,could anybody,anybody tell me what my chances are.

Thanks for any replies.

Comment

Re: Received formal demand letter from bank.

Received a Formal demand letter from the bank,advising me that they are withdrawing there banking facilities to me on the 23rd of August and advising I get an account with another bank.

They want to no how I intend to pay back 272.000.00,that they lent my partner who has passed away nearly 2 years ago now.

Just to add this loan has never been defaulted on,and is serviced by the rental of 2 properties that are let out.

May I ask if the loan was originally taken out in joint names or only the name of your late partner to whom they lent the money? Also is it secured on the two properties and are they in your sole name now?

Comment

Re: Received formal demand letter from bank.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    May I ask if the loan was originally taken out in joint names or only the name of your late partner to whom they lent the money? Also is it secured on the two properties and are they in your sole name now?
                    It was taken out in my late partners name and her business partner,the loan is secured on the 2 properties and my Family home,meant to add to the first post I am not in a position to get finance for this amount of money and the business partner is out of work.Just to add the properties are in the name of the business partner and my late wife,she left her share to myself and my 2 boys in her will.
                    Last edited by Streetwise; 28 July 2012, 10:29.

Comment

I see that Niddy gave you Paul's details to contact him in post # 35 so what happened after that ?
                      Last edited by Flowerpower; 28 July 2012, 12:58. Reason: Removed thread ref after merging threads

Comment

I see that Niddy gave you Paul's details to contact him in post # 35 so what happened after that ?
                        Have been waiting for the police to let me know if they intended acting on this matter,but letter from bank arrived yesterday giving me 14 days to respond,this is the same problem,thanks.
                        Last edited by Flowerpower; 28 July 2012, 13:00. Reason: Reason: Removed thread ref after merging threads

Comment

Does all this mean you've still not got probate granted, and was there a solicitor dealing with the Will who has been made aware of the alleged forgery because he/she may have something to say to the bank if that was the case

Comment

I've re-read and see you've been issued with a Formal Demand by the bank to repay the money (over £200k) in 4 weeks Does the letter say what it intends to do if you don't repay the sum in full by 23rd August since this account is secured on your home
                            Last edited by Flowerpower; 28 July 2012, 13:01. Reason: Reason: Removed thread ref after merging threads

Comment

Does all this mean you've still not got probate granted, and was there a solicitor dealing with the Will who has been made aware of the alleged forgery because he/she may have something to say to the bank if that was the case
                              Probate granted March 2011,no solicitor involved handled probate myself.

Comment

I've re-read your other thread and see you've been issued with a Formal Demand by the bank to repay the money (over £200k) in 4 weeks Does the letter say what it intends to do if you don't repay the sum in full by 23rd August since this account is secured on your home
                                They want my proposals for repayment in 14 days or they will pass onto there debt collection team.They are closing the account in 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X