GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script current accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

current accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Re: current accounts

Originally posted by koni View Post
    EDITED:

she has just applied online for a halifax current account and was accepted there and then, and it even displayed the sort code and account number at the end.

great news

thanks everyone
    Everyone gets this, you'll see there is a link under the ROLL number with "Application Decision".... The way HBOS work is weird in that they give everyone an account number and roll number prior to even scoring them - put simply, the account is not definite until the status changes which is when you pay in £100

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by billypre View Post
    Is it First Direct online who guarantee a current acocunt to anyone ? Costs £12.50 a month i think. Better google it !!
    No mate, no bank can guarantee an account cos a full bank account is scored against your credit profile and your credit files. Also FD is one of the strictest banks to get authorised for an account with, they are harsh scorers - extremely harsh scorers!! Quite rightly though, the best bank should be the hardest to get into

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by koni View Post
    my better half cannot seem to get a current account from anyone...

She had a basic cash account with Barclays, but that is it.

she has one default, which is 3.5 years old on her Equifax file, Call credit is clean, Experian is clean

we have a joint CCJ which is coming on for 4 years old now.

she only earns around 6K per year, which i think is the problem.

She has applied to Barclays for an upgrade to a current account, they fobbed her off with "you didnt meet our minimum criteria"

HSBC said the same

Natwest offered a STEP account, whch is not a full current account.

Do you guys / gals have any recomendations for her ?
    Hi, ok see above -

Red font - That is why she cannot obtain a full account, the CCJ stops this for 6 years unless the bank feel generous! Few are feeling so right now lol...

Blue font - Utter nonsense, this would only reflect the reason if it was a pre-qualifying account (ie you must earn £X,000 per annum).

The reason Barclays said she didn't meet their criteria is also the red font reason.

Basically forget full banking until the CCJ is gone, a basic account is the best you'll get unless a bank feels generous however if you did not declare the CCJ and they find out they can (and will) close the account........ be warned
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 1 February 2011, 07:32.

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

thanks for the recomendation but the cashminder is a basic bank account, not a full blown current account.

She already has a basic account with barclays which came with a visa debit card etc, and as per my original post she was offered a step account by natwets, but again this is just a basic account, not a full current account.

the halifax account is now open, and even came with a 100 quid o/d

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Good news Koni.

I'm with Gerry and Caspar in recommending the Cooperative Cashminder account.

Leave a comment:

• Gerry
    replied

Which recommend the Co-operative.

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1193206375355,CFSweb/Page/Bank

Gerry x

Sorry a wee bit late..

Leave a comment:

• caspar
    replied

Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

EDITED:

she has just applied online for a halifax current account and was accepted there and then, and it even displayed the sort code and account number at the end.

great news

thanks everyone
    Last edited by koni; 26 January 2011, 19:05.

Leave a comment:

• caspar
    replied

I'm with the co-operative. They have an account called Cashbuilder - a basic bank account with DD and SO facilities and a Visa Electron card. No OD facility allowed at all and this is strongly enforced. I don't know anyone who's been turned down for one of these though, and I've been really pleased with them - been there five years now. They even offered me an upgrade to a "proper" current account, but I don't want the temptation.

Halifax I believe do a basic current account without it even involving a credit check.

Google Basic Bank Accounts for others - there's quite a few out there, but from personal experience I've found the co-op brilliant. No doubt others will have found the exact opposite!

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

I found halifax the easiest but this was the pre lloyds days.

Leave a comment:

• billypre
    replied

Is it First Direct online who guarantee a current acocunt to anyone ? Costs £12.50 a month i think. Better google it !!

Leave a comment:

• koni
    started a topic current accounts

current accounts

my better half cannot seem to get a current account from anyone...

She had a basic cash account with Barclays, but that is it.

she has one default, which is 3.5 years old on her Equifax file, Call credit is clean, Experian is clean

we have a joint CCJ which is coming on for 4 years old now.

she only earns around 6K per year, which i think is the problem.

She has applied to Barclays for an upgrade to a current account, they fobbed her off with "you didnt meet our minimum criteria"

HSBC said the same

Natwest offered a STEP account, whch is not a full current account.

Do you guys / gals have any recomendations for her ?
Working...
X