GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script current accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

current accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koni
    replied
    Re: current accounts

she has got the following:

cap1 open 4 months - limit £200
    aqua open 12 months - starting limit £200 one increase to £450
    Vanquis - open 14 months starting limit £250 - several increases now limit is £1750

catalogue - open 18 months starting limit £125 now has a limit of £900

Vodafone contract for two phones - has been going around 18 months now.

barclays basic account
    santander basic account

now the halifax full account

she is doing ok i guess, considering two years ago she had around 5 defaults, all of which bar one were removed due to unenforcability (mr niddy helped have them removed) and one which was added by Virgin for a bill that was paid and proved to of been paid so they had to remove it.

thanks for your help all
    Last edited by koni; 7 February 2011, 17:35.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Mate it's automated. The day u paid money it it released the block so that happened at same time they wrote to u by looks of it. It's all automatic, usually they write saying fund it after 5 days...

Main thing is your mrs is back on credit ladder. Give it a year and apply to Vanquis/crappy1/aqua. However use the bank account properly and in 6mth hbos will accept her for a normal card with them - usually upto £1500 max limit.

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

yh, we did have a letter over the weekend asking for £100 funding to release the account, so you were spot on 100% correct buddy.

the stupid thing is we got the card Friday, and the welcome letter asking her to fund the account on Saturday so they could send out the card etc lol, you would of assumed that the letter would of been recieved before the card.....

wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by koni View Post
    the wifes card finally arrived on Friday last week, it a blue visa debit, no cheque guarentee, she phoned and asked about the cheque guarentee they said they dont issue as standard anymore, but if she wants one it is available to her and all she has to do is request it along side a cheque book and it will be on its way.

We have not written a cheque in.. erm.... god knows its been that long, so she doesnt need it anyway.

Confirmation of the overdraft arrived in the post today, but no pin yet.

speak soon
    Excellent news - nice one..... I guess the payment of £100 triggered release of card etc then?

Well done

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

the wifes card finally arrived on Friday last week, it a blue visa debit, no cheque guarentee, she phoned and asked about the cheque guarentee they said they dont issue as standard anymore, but if she wants one it is available to her and all she has to do is request it along side a cheque book and it will be on its way.

We have not written a cheque in.. erm.... god knows its been that long, so she doesnt need it anyway.

Confirmation of the overdraft arrived in the post today, but no pin yet.

speak soon

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

yup, no pass go, no colllect 200 quid.

Just an outright decline lol

never mind, i dont need the account anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

tried for HBOS and the computer said no lol

My report is not in as good shape as the wifes to be fair, in about a year or two i should be ok, iam not in any rush for credit to be honest.
    Woah - sorry to hear that, was it an instant decline then?

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

tried for HBOS and the computer said no lol

My report is not in as good shape as the wifes to be fair, in about a year or two i should be ok, iam not in any rush for credit to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

we have just transfered £100 over from her Barclays account, so hopefully everything will be released etc
    Nice one mate - lets see what they send - I do hope it's the full card, that'll be cool and we all deserve to start somewhere - especially after 4.5yrs!.....

that trick is it the 9999 thing that says do you want to apply for x which is over your agreed limit of X ?
    That is one yep - well done!

I cant get jack from my Lloyds account which is a bummer, went into my local branch they told me iam a 99 on the internal score which from my understanding is a CPD marker ? so i may have a full blown current account, but i prob wont get any credit from Lloyds until my credit report is clear in around 2 years.
    Yes mate, seems like you do have a CPD - which can be appealed, argued and even reversed in extreme cases otherwise - you may be best trying for a HBOS account too.... Lloyds are garbage, absolute shyte (IMHO)

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

we have just transfered £100 over from her Barclays account, so hopefully everything will be released etc

that trick is it the 9999 thing that says do you want to apply for x which is over your agreed limit of X ?

I cant get jack from my Lloyds account which is a bummer, went into my local branch they told me iam a 99 on the internal score which from my understanding is a CPD marker ? so i may have a full blown current account, but i prob wont get any credit from Lloyds until my credit report is clear in around 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Thanks for the above mate. I'd chuck £100 in to release card etc. The image shows you the card, so it's a 3-in-1 card. Nice one well done.

As for overdrafts, I'll show u a secret with hbos lol. How you establish what your approved limit is

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

nid, you dont have to say sorry to me lol, you have helped me out with so many bits and bobs over the years on MSE.

all of our debts are over 3 years old now, i have a copule of late payment markers in the last two years, but the wife has around 3.5 years of perfect history.

But we have not funded the account yet, so as you said earlier until she has the cards in her hands its not 100% open.

speak soon

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

thanks for the replies niddy.

the questions asked before the application was even started was:

Are you a UK resident? YesNo
    X Have you had any County Court Judgments (CCJ)/decrees made against you in the last 3 years? YesNo
    X Have you been declared bankrupt/insolvent in the last 3 years? YesNo
    X Are you happy for us to verify the identity of all applicants using information
    held by third parties e.g. the Electoral Register? YesNo
    X Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
    X Do you have any existing accounts with Halifax or Bank of Scotland? YesNo

as you can see above they only ask for CCJ data for the last 3 years, so there was no where i could declare the 4.5 year old CCJ. ?

iam basing the fact the account is open and showing a £100 o/d on the online information, as pictured below:

I have a full blown lloyds current account, which i have had for around 6 months now, and having a joint CCJ with the wife did not stop that account being opened, and infact my credit reports are no where near as good as hers.

i will post back and let you know if the card etc does arrive.
    Hiya

I can only assume then that your other debts are also older than 3yrs? You'll see me say (quite a lot) that if you have a 3yr clean credit file - ie blank for the last 3yrs or perfectly clean then you will usually be approved or treated fairly, as they don't go back for a "full search" if you're clear for the last 3yrs.

I never thought about your CCJ being 4.5yrs old (sorry!)....

Leave a comment:

• koni
    replied

thanks for the replies niddy.

the questions asked before the application was even started was:

Are you a UK resident? YesNo
    X Have you had any County Court Judgments (CCJ)/decrees made against you in the last 3 years? YesNo
    X Have you been declared bankrupt/insolvent in the last 3 years? YesNo
    X Are you happy for us to verify the identity of all applicants using information
    held by third parties e.g. the Electoral Register? YesNo
    X Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
    X Do you have any existing accounts with Halifax or Bank of Scotland? YesNo

as you can see above they only ask for CCJ data for the last 3 years, so there was no where i could declare the 4.5 year old CCJ. ?

iam basing the fact the account is open and showing a £100 o/d on the online information, as pictured below:

I have a full blown lloyds current account, which i have had for around 6 months now, and having a joint CCJ with the wife did not stop that account being opened, and infact my credit reports are no where near as good as hers.

i will post back and let you know if the card etc does arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

thanks for the recomendation but the cashminder is a basic bank account, not a full blown current account.

She already has a basic account with barclays which came with a visa debit card etc, and as per my original post she was offered a step account by natwets, but again this is just a basic account, not a full current account.

the halifax account is now open, and even came with a 100 quid o/d
    Not wishing to cause upset but I find this almost impossible to believe with a live CCJ - they always check Registry Trust which would alert them to the CCJ which would base score you at minus 100 meaning instant decline. I know HBOS systems inside out and they wouldn't have missed this, as for the overdraft - this comes as standard with certain current accounts of theirs - have you actually had a letter confirming it is open or are you basing this from online viewing?

You know you need to pay in £100 to release the account anyway, ie it's not open til you pay in £100....

I am basing the above on the fact you applied on 26th at 7pm then said it was open with OD the day after - it takes 2-3 days for HBOS to finalise things when you apply online.....

Please do come back and confirm whatever did happen - once you have card in hand etc.....
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 1 February 2011, 07:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X