GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script keep the wolve diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keep the wolve diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep the wolve diary

02.08.11 Sent CCA request to Link Financial (re MBNA) credit card £1.298
    02.08.11 Sent MBNA SAR request £10
    05.08.11 Received letter from Link informing me they don't have the details but will get them within 30 days.
    23.08.11 Received CCA request from Link Financial which is Enforceable
    01.09.11 Link Financial withdrew £30 from my Visa Debit card as they have been doing & where asked to stop until my CCA arrived.
    01.09.11 Balance now £1.260
    27.09.11 Full & final settlement offer letter sent to Link (£200)
    07.10.11 Got reply back from Link, they refused my f&f but said they would accept £700.
    22.10.11 Got letter from Link today saying I am in arrears with my monthly payments (I cancelled them after getting excellent advice on this forum) & to pay immediately or they will start to reclaim the full amount.
    10.11.11 Received a letter today from Link Financial telling me they have cancelled my payment plan & to contact them immediately to re-arrange a new payment plan or explain why I have stopped payment :-)
    25.11.11 Full & final settlement offer letter sent to Link (£250)
    06.12.11 Got Link from Link, threatening to refer my account to their Asset Investigation Department, my local Court for judgement/decree or an agent to call at my house.
    Last edited by keep the wolve; 7 December 2011, 17:07. Reason: Error in date for last entry.

Re: Keep the wolves away diary

The first thing I would do is contact the bank and tell them you need a new Debit Card. I cannot imagine you want to be paying them £30 if you are trying to sort out the debt?? Have you been ordered by the court to pay £30 or is that something that remains from DMP?

If you want to stop the payments you may have to tell them it is lost or stolen (a white lie) to get it changed. I am not sure if there is another way around this? Perhaps someone with more knowledge about banks can help on how to change the card without the white lie.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Have the a direct debit for your account? Just cancel at your bank if they have. If its a standing order you just cancel as well.

Comment

Hi there

I stupidly arranged the payment over the telephone in 2009 with Link. I am hoping to have enough money to offer them a full & final settlement at the end of this month then, I will cancel the card (report it lost) if they accept. If they don't accept the f&f, I will continue paying them £30. I hope this is the right way to do it.
        It hasn't gone to a court or dmp. This was set up between myself & Link. It was only after reading the advice on your forum that I decided to go down the CCA request route. I am hoping they accept the f&f as I would like this settled & for them to go &&&& themselves. Thanking you for your great advice.

Comment

Okay so long as you are happy with the £30 payment. I always worry about payments via a Debit card because some unscrupulous people have been known to take more than the agreed amount. Once the money is gone via a debit card it can be hard to get it back. If you have a Standing Order or Direct Debit then it's easy to control and cancel them, far easier than payments via a debit card.
          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

That is excellent advice. Thank you so much. Link took their payment out at the end of August so the next one is due the end of September. I will know next week if I can have the money gathered together to offer them a f&f at the end of September. If they do not accept my f&f, I will be cancelling my debit card straightaway then setting up a standing order.

Comment

Originally posted by keep the wolves away View Post
              Hi there

I stupidly arranged the payment over the telephone in 2009 with Link. I am hoping to have enough money to offer them a full & final settlement at the end of this month then, I will cancel the card (report it lost) if they accept. If they don't accept the f&f, I will continue paying them £30. I hope this is the right way to do it.
              It hasn't gone to a court or dmp. This was set up between myself & Link. It was only after reading the advice on your forum that I decided to go down the CCA request route. I am hoping they accept the f&f as I would like this settled & for them to go &&&& themselves. Thanking you for your great advice.
              Why are you paying? They will NEVER accept a good F&F so long as you're lining their pockets!

Stop all payments, then see them negotiate to your advantage - however keeping up this silly £30 pm payment is nuts! I'd cancel it and do it like yesterday if I was you!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by keep the wolves away View Post
                That is excellent advice. Thank you so much. Link took their payment out at the end of August so the next one is due the end of September. I will know next week if I can have the money gathered together to offer them a f&f at the end of September. If they do not accept my f&f, I will be cancelling my debit card straightaway then setting up a standing order.
                What offer are you thinking of and what is the balance of the account and type of account...?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there.

You are 100% right. When you explained it that way, it makes perfect sense. I will be cancelling my Visa Debit card today.
                  It is an MBNA/A&L credit card, balance £1268. I was thinking up to £400 for a f&f offer (won't have it until the end of this month)
                  I am very open to your valuable advice.

Comment

Hi keep the wolves away,

First of all please be careful about making the F & F offer and watch carefully the wording of any reply you get. This is most important. Have you read yet our section explaining F & F in the Settlements and Offers section of our forums. Also if you look here:-

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=461

you will find further information and template letters which were updated in June of this year which contain the case law you will need. It is a complex subject and can have pitfalls if you get it wrong leaving yourself open to pursuit for the outstanding balance at a later date.

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Hi Garlok

Thank you for that warning. I am going to check the link you sent & have a good read at it before I do anything. I am not experienced at all in this so want to make sure it is done with great care incase it comes back & bites me in the ass in months/years to come. It will need & appreciate all the help I can get with this because I don't want those ers at Link coming back with something I don't understand.

Comment

Hi keepthewolvesaway,

I'm pretty sure you will be fine, but always come back to ask if you are unsure. The problem is you are not dealing with Statute Law, it is the Common Law of Contract. I studied it all for a long time before we asked a solicitor to handle ours but in a different context. The B*****DS will try anything on and will try to confuse the issue by using terminology you are probably used to on CRFs in particular "partial settlement" and it is surprising just how many fall for it and then get pursued for the balances.

As I say when you are ready come back and ask away, between us we can provide some guidance for your case.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Thank you Garlok so much. I have had the wobbles a few times when I received letters from them but have settled down after reading this forum.
                          All will hopefully be quiet until the end of the month. I don't know how much to offer them but I would only like to go to £400. Does that sound ok to you?

Comment

Looking at the figures you have quoted I would have gone in first with about half that figure or even 10%. They will always want more and you can go up in the negotiations but you can't go down once you have quoted a figure.

If LINK actually do own it remember they will have only paid about 10p in the pound for the whole debt so 20% of the outstanding balance is 100% profit for them.

See what I mean? When you are ready we can get Niddy back for his input before you make a move.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Putting it that way, they are greedier b£%$%^ than I thought. My main worry was the debt is enforceable as I got excellent opinion on this site for it. Maybe going in at 10% first would be best but will definitely not be doing anything until the end of the month when I will run it past you before making any moves.
                              Your advice is very relieving. I feel great knowing there are experts like yourself used to dealing with these d*cKs

Comment

Working...
                              X