GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script keep the wolve diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keep the wolve diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep the wolves away diary

I would send the "doorstep" letter as well. This is actually a legal revocation of the implied licence to visit under the law. If they then do visit it is the Tort of Trespass for which you are entitled to financial redress. You will find it extremely difficult to get this and expensive however if they visit a second time it becomes aggravated trespass and that is criminal. Then you can call the police and I would tell them that you have someone at the door demanding money with menaces.

Unfortunately this is all a war of attrition and they will try anything underhand to bring you to heel.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Thanks so much Garlok. I am not sure just how serious to take their threats & knowing their reputation to act quickly, I want to do what I can to avoid it getting out of hand.

Comment

Any updates ?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Still nothing. I have offered £250 they told me no so I haven't bothered offering anymore.
          On another note, has anyone heard of Rockwell? They called my work last night and left a name and number to ring them. This is a separate debt from the one above. I had originally got a call from Arrow but sent them the prove it letter. They sent what they claimed was a copy of the cca but I ignored it. The latest leeches are now Rockport.
          Please advise what to do as I can't have them calling work and leaving messages for me.
          Do I send the prove it letter or harassment one?
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by keep the wolves away View Post
            Still nothing. I have offered £250 they told me no so I haven't bothered offering anymore.
            On another note, has anyone heard of Rockwell? They called my work last night and left a name and number to ring them. This is a separate debt from the one above. I had originally got a call from Arrow but sent them the prove it letter. They sent what they claimed was a copy of the cca but I ignored it. The latest leeches are now Rockport.
            Please advise what to do as I can't have them calling work and leaving messages for me.
            Do I send the prove it letter or harassment one?
            Thanks for your help.
            Hi,
            I had Rockwell bothering me on behalf of Arrow for an alleged debt they bought off MBNA. A few letters went back and forth me telling them the alleged account was in dispute with the original creditor and Rockwell telling me that Arrow had complied with my CCA request, I replied that regardless of what Arrow had told them I was still awaiting a compliant CCA copy and as such my position remained unchanged.

Had a letter back from Rockwell on Saturday informing me that they are no longer acting for Arrow in the matter and any future contact on the matter should be made directly to Arrow....

As for Rockwell pestering you on you're work phone number,If I was you I would be writing to them and telling them in no uncertain terms that it is not acceptable and is a direct threat to your employment and all contact should be made in writing only to your personal address.

If you haven't got Rockwells postal address yet, just let me know and I will let you have it.

Comment

Thank you so much Alland.

I have copied a template letter from here to asked them to prove it and only contact me by writing.

I hope this is the right thing to do.

Thanks again for your great advice

Comment

Posted 'prove it' letter to slimeballs Rockwell. I have had a few calls on my mobile asking for me and when I ask who is calling, they just give their first name (as if we are on personal terms) I say sorry wrong number and hang up. It is very rude I know, but I am so mad at them calling my work and leaving their details to be passed on to me by whoever answers the phone at my work.

Comment

Hi guys

Received a letter from Link telling me if I don't contact them within 7 days, they will be instructing Instant Silver to chase the debt.
                  Anyone heard of Instant Silver please?

Comment

nope, they're makingup names at a rate of knots

just send off a sold in dispute when their communication arrives

Comment

Instant Silver are part of Link.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks girls. I had offered Link a f/f ages ago which they refused so I haven't bothered offering again.
                        Guess that is another ploy to scare me. Blood sucking leeches!

Comment

girls!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                            girls!!!
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Oops Sorry!

Comment

och it's fine, been a while since we've been called girls though..............

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X