GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script keep the wolve diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keep the wolve diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep the wolves away diary

For a £1200 balance I'd pay £200 - max of £350. If they don't agree; just come back, we work up in £50 blocks every couple of months. Eventually they'll accept at between 15-20% of balance.

Id wait. Do not make any offers right now. Seriously, why pay one and have ten outstanding? Same difference having 11 debts iyswim,?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there Never In Doubt

Thank you for the great advice. I am going to wait until the end of the month then send a letter to them offering £200 as you suggested. I really can't go anymore than £400 so hopefully they will accept something in the middle.
      Thanks again for being there on hand with great uplifting advice.

Comment

Originally posted by keep the wolves away View Post
        Hi there Never In Doubt

Thank you for the great advice. I am going to wait until the end of the month then send a letter to them offering £200 as you suggested. I really can't go anymore than £400 so hopefully they will accept something in the middle.
        Thanks again for being there on hand with great uplifting advice.
        Here is the template you use, if and when you make an offer.... do not change it other than the amounts yea?

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account.

I cannot afford the amount stated, plus in light of all the interest and unlawful charges paid to date I propose a single payment of £200 in complete settlement of this account; thus meaning you agree that this account will be closed, in totality, with no further comeback regards to any possible written-off balance.

The alternative is the possibility that one of my other creditors will come back and accept my offer made to them, thus reducing the amount available to you, possibly delaying things into a several year payment plan as I can only afford £1 per month at best, if anything. This can be avoided by simple acceptance of my payment of £200 for full settlement and closure of this account.

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £200 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
        1. You accept £200 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
        2. The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
        3. The Current Balance will appear as £0.00;
        4. The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00;
        5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
        If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy for a single payment of £200; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Never In Doubt. That looks brilliant. Will have it sent at end of the month.
          Thanks again

Comment

Well, typed up the full & final letter I got from here & sent it to Link today. Have cancelled the Visa Debit card so no further payments will be coming out. Let's hope they accept the offer & get this finished once & for all.
            I will post up what I get back from them for your excellent advice.

Comment

Yesterday I had a panic moment while waiting in the Post Office queue to send the letter to Link. Could you please advise me if I am doing this all wrong.
              My payment is due to come out to Link on 30th of each month by Visa Debit. I reported my card mislaid a few weeks ago so the payment won't be coming out anymore (they will find that out in 2 days time)
              I was about to post a f&f letter to Link but maybe I am being a bit too quick with this.
              Could you please advise me, do I wait a few days & let my next payment be declined then send the f&f or do I send the f&f now?
              Really need to know what to do here as I am totally unfamiliar with this. I would like them to accept my f&f & get them out of my system.
              Please advise as soon as

Comment

If you have already sent one letter then its fine to reply, the missing payment will be noticed at about the same time your letter arrives so it may make their brains think even if its only a little bit!
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Well, typed up the full & final letter I got from here & sent it to Link today. Have cancelled the Visa Debit card so no further payments will be coming out. Let's hope they accept the offer & get this finished once & for all.
                  I will post up what I get back from them for your excellent advice.
                  woah, I did that over two weeks ago

Comment

Yesterday I had a panic moment while waiting in the Post Office queue to send the letter to Link. Could you please advise me if I am doing this all wrong.
                    My payment is due to come out to Link on 30th of each month by Visa Debit. I reported my card mislaid a few weeks ago so the payment won't be coming out anymore (they will find that out in 2 days time)
                    I was about to post a f&f letter to Link but maybe I am being a bit too quick with this.
                    Could you please advise me, do I wait a few days & let my next payment be declined then send the f&f or do I send the f&f now?
                    Really need to know what to do here as I am totally unfamiliar with this. I would like them to accept my f&f & get them out of my system.
                    Please advise as soon as
                    stop stressing, stop the payment, and see what they say to the offer.

They will never accept an offer if you're making payments, why would they? So cease payments, make offer, update us here

Easy life, no?

Comment

Hi Susie

Thanks for replying. The question is though, while waiting in the queue at the Post Office, I had a panic moment when I thought maybe I am not doing this the right way so I thought I would check first before sending the letter. Nothing has been sent to them yet.
                      My dilemma is, do I send the f&f now or wait until they find out they are not getting the regular monthly payment from me then send the letter. Timing may make all the difference to whether they accept my f&f or not. I want this sorted as soon as so need to get it right.

Comment

I don't understand your post. What have I done wrong now?

Comment

Hi Never in doubt

Thanks for your email too. I have put my question in reply to Susie's post. I want to get the timing right here.
                          What do you advise I do please?

Comment

I can only get to the Post Office on my lunchbreak at 1pm so would appreciate if someone could please tell me whether to post the f&f today or wait, like I explained, until they find out the payment has been declined.
                            Could someone please advise as soon as

Thanking you!

Comment

Also Never In Doubt, could you please explain what your post above meant. What difference does it make that you did it over 2 weeks ago? I explained at the time I would be sending the letter at the end of the month so just don't understand.
                              Please advise

Comment

Also Never In Doubt, could you please explain what your post above meant. What difference does it make that you did it over 2 weeks ago? I explained at the time I would be sending the letter at the end of the month so just don't understand.
                                Please advise
                                Well just send it then
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X