GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script keep the wolve diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keep the wolve diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep the wolves away diary

Thanks for that great advice in 2 deep

Comment

Hiya

I do not see what your problem is? You asked for help, we provided help and now you're asking when to send the letter? Sorry, to me that's not normal.

Either send it or don't - the timing is irrespective, why wait till the end of the month? What does that achieve? Why did you go and wait at the PO to then change your mind?

Sorry, am confused.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I thought I explained it all in my posts. Sorry for being understandable nervous about this. Easy to speak as you do when you have lots of experience in handling these people, I don't, I want to make things as straightforward as I can with these guys.
        To me, better to have 2nd thoughts about sending it than doing so then regretting it. No need to be so sharp

Comment

Originally posted by keep the wolves away View Post
          I thought I explained it all in my posts. Sorry for being understandable nervous about this. Easy to speak as you do when you have lots of experience in handling these people, I don't, I want to make things as straightforward as I can with these guys.
          To me, better to have 2nd thoughts about sending it than doing so then regretting it. No need to be so sharp
          You did explain it, ie that you wanted to sort the offer thus we helped with that, almost 3 weeks later we're repeating old ground. Why don't you, being you're ever so keen to quote your previous posts, try reading mine and you'll clearly see what we suggested was the best way forward.

However, I do fully understand and invest over 100 hours per week into this and also spend thousands a year on this, for what? The love of the job? No, because I try and help people. Sharp is not the correct word, extremely busy and maybe too busy to constantly say the same thing over and over, maybe - so for that I am guilty.

Sorry, but I did explain what to do, why you felt the need to stop and question it almost 3 weeks later confused me, as I stated. That's all. I am not being "sharp" - I only get like that with banks......

Calm down, stop trying to pick fault with me and post the darn letter
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Putting it that way, they are greedier b£%$%^ than I thought. My main worry was the debt is enforceable as I got excellent opinion on this site for it. Maybe going in at 10% first would be best but will definitely not be doing anything until the end of the month when I will run it past you before making any moves.
            Your advice is very relieving. I feel great knowing there are experts like yourself used to dealing with these d*cKs
            Like I explained on 8th September. I also explained that I wouldn't have the money together until the end of the month as no point in offering a f&f if I haven't got the money.
            It is always easier when you have a wealth of experience behind you. I don't & want to get rid of this. I don't want the b&&$£%s coming back at me. I remember the phone calls to my mobile & work & even though I sent the 'telephone' letter, I don't want this starting up again. Just being careful, that's all

Comment

Like I explained on 8th September. I also explained that I wouldn't have the money together until the end of the month as no point in offering a f&f if I haven't got the money.
              It is always easier when you have a wealth of experience behind you. I don't & want to get rid of this. I don't want the b&&$£%s coming back at me. I remember the phone calls to my mobile & work & even though I sent the 'telephone' letter, I don't want this starting up again. Just being careful, that's all
              You'll be fine.... it'll take them a month to respond plus they'll refuse the first couple of offers, ie gives you time to save..... it's fine to send it

Comment

Well here we are. Sent my f&f letter of £200 to Link Financial on 28th Sept (recorded delivery) Received a letter back from them today (dated 6th October 2011) thanking me for my letter & offer but unfortunately we can't accept this sum but would be prepared to accept the sum of £785.82 (35% of the debt) What do I do now? Do I reply in a few weeks & increase the amount by £50 or sit tight & see what the ers do next? I do not want a letter from them demanding the whole amount or worse.
                F*&k all else to do that lot!
                Please advise!

Comment

I would wait a couple of weeks which would tie in with Niddy coming back, or send the same letter but with a bit saying that you have been able to raise another £x and would be able to raise the offer to £x

No point in writing back by return of post or they will think you are desperate!
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks for that Susie. I won't be replying back to them for a few weeks. To do so immediately might make them think I am too keen to get this sorted (I am keen but want to push them as far as I can without them taking any sort of legal action) Next offer will be as Niddy advised & going up by £50. My concern is only at what point can they decide to take legal action against me or withdraw their offer? Shower of b******s They haven't given me a deadline to respond so hopefully they are open to persuasion (or a little kicking around)

Comment

Good Morning

Just a quick bit of advice. Received a letter on Saturday morning (22nd) from Link Financial telling me I was in arrears with my payments of £30 so to start paying it again immediately (no chance) or they would seek to reclaim the whole amount owed.
                      I haven't paid them anything as they refused my full & final offer of £200. Do I leave it for a few days then send another full & final letter offering £250/£300? I am just a bit frightened of them as I don't know what the procedure is for this. What can they do if I offer this amount? (apart from decline) or do I just send £1 as I said I would in my last full & final letter.

Comment

Good Morning

Just a quick bit of advice. Received a letter on Saturday morning (22nd) from Link Financial telling me I was in arrears with my payments of £30 so to start paying it again immediately (no chance) or they would seek to reclaim the whole amount owed.
                        I haven't paid them anything as they refused my full & final offer of £200. Do I leave it for a few days then send another full & final letter offering £250/£300? I am just a bit frightened of them as I don't know what the procedure is for this. What can they do if I offer this amount? (apart from decline) or do I just send £1 as I said I would in my last full & final letter.

Please stop panicking. There is no need to feel frightened. Just ignore the letter and don't pay anything (not even the £1.)

Niddy has already told you why!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Why are you paying? They will NEVER accept a good F&F so long as you're lining their pockets!

Stop all payments, then see them negotiate to your advantage - however keeping up this silly £30 pm payment is nuts! I'd cancel it and do it like yesterday if I was you!

Just like he's already told you what to do next.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        For a £1200 balance I'd pay £200 - max of £350. If they don't agree; just come back, we work up in £50 blocks every couple of months. Eventually they'll accept at between 15-20% of balance.

Id wait. Do not make any offers right now. Seriously, why pay one and have ten outstanding? Same difference having 11 debts iyswim,?
                        It isn't even a month since you sent your first F&F letter.

Well here we are. Sent my f&f letter of £200 to Link Financial on 28th Sept (recorded delivery) Received a letter back from them today (dated 6th October 2011) thanking me for my letter & offer but unfortunately we can't accept this sum but would be prepared to accept the sum of £785.82 (35% of the debt) What do I do now? Do I reply in a few weeks & increase the amount by £50 or sit tight & see what the ers do next? I do not want a letter from them demanding the whole amount or worse.
                        F*&k all else to do that lot!
                        Please advise!
                        So what if they send you a letter demanding the whole amount? They're not going to get it are they?

Please follow Niddy's advice.

One thing I've found out since I started my UE journey is that there usually isn't any rush, the only time there is is when you get serious legal threats.

Have a read of my summary posts of my GE Money debt and my M&S debt on the first page of my UE diary. It might just help to set your mind at rest.
                        Last edited by Pixie; 24 October 2011, 10:59.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi KTWA,

Pixie is absolutely correct. Don't panic follow what Niddy has told you to do. All of this is done to bully you, to frighten you and bring you to heel. The short answer is don't be and don't give in.

As they all know on here I could write a book on F & F but there are some simple very real principles in legal matters and negotiation. Your own patience is a big weapon against them. Never consider taking them on up front, amass the evidence and always lie in wait and make them come to you. In litigation matters such as this right through to court if necessary, make them come to you. Then all onus of proof lies with them, you get the chance to answer their allegations and you remain in control in the driving seat.

The help and support you get here is probably the best you can get and the collective experience in these matters is probably second to none.

regards
                          Garlok
                          Last edited by garlok; 24 October 2011, 11:52.

Comment

Thank you both Pixie & Garlok. A 2nd full & final letter as Niddy suggests will be sent to them in a few months offering £250. I am sorry for being so confused with this but sometimes it is hard to get your head around.
                            I really appreciate your excellent advice & thank you for being so kind & nice to me.
                            Last edited by keep the wolve; 24 October 2011, 12:31.

Comment

It was all very daunting I'm sure for all of us at the beginning. Its good to remeber that the only real weapon a DCA has to use against you is your own fear of what they might do. Which until they actually own the debt in absolute is NOTHING!

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlok. The fact that my debt is enforceable is the thing that worries me.
                                I had a bit of bother a few years ago with a Blackhorse loan for £4,500 which I struggling to pay after a while until I finally stopped paying anything. I ignored their threats (read, buried my head in the sand) until it was too late & I was summoned to the enforcement of judgement office & had a land charging order put on my house. That was probably the most frightening moment of my life. This is due to expire in December 2011 when I make my final payment to them. Obviously I will be relieved to get this off my back so just want to watch my step in future. It is great to have people on this forum to talk with.

Comment

Working...
                                X