GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman

Does anyone here have any experience of ARC?

They are calling me on a daily basis either mobile or landline, sometimes it a real person leaving a message but on the whole it's a recorded message which is very difficult to hear!

I will have a look through my files later and see when they last contacted me in writing, I think it's been a while but any info from anyone will give me an idea of future problems with them.

Re: A R C

Hi Mary,
    Not me personally, although im sure others will have.
    Don't forget to make a log of the dates and times

Cheers
    SA Gold
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why are they trying to contact you? if you can give us an outline of the problem, we might be able to help with that as well.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is this them:

http://www.arceuropeltd.co.uk/index_corporate.html

I think they collect for Virgin and Egg and gym contracts amongst others.

Comment

I am assuming that they are calling about an old Sainsbury's CC, I have attached what was sent in response to my s78 in 2009.

Put the account in dispute (cag adv unen at that time) cancelled dd in Feb 10.

They responded to my 'complaint' in Apr 2010, advising that I had no valid reason to dispute etc and they also enclosed another copy of the agreement they'd sent before.

DN received 20/5/10 second class post remedy date 10/6/10, it refers to the OFT info sheet and said that it should be included but it wasn't.

It was then passed to Albion collections between June 10 and September 10 they wrote several times but I didn't respond.

Next contact was in June 2012 from Debt Managers Ltd and the letter states Account due to Arrow - Sainsbury's and they were collecting on behalf of Arrow - final opportunity - door step agent visit threatened but not followed up.

As far as I can see, I have had no further contact until June 13 and this was from ARC and also refers to Arrow/Sainsbury's. A further letter in July which again mentions Arrow Global but also notes the orginal creditor as Sainsbury's.

The last letter received in August was a 'Special Settlement Offer' and to contact them within 35 days. This letter also stated that they had conducted a land registry search etc.

I am going to double check that I haven't misfiled any other paperwork, but I'm usually careful to keep the file up to date with any correspondence.

Comment

Ask Niddy to look at what they have sent. Personal opinion. Not a cat in hells chance of enforcing this one. Missing prescribed terms. T&C were sent in the post at a later date.

Comment

Hi Enforcer, the attachments came together but they sent another copy of the agreement in 2010.

I will ask Niddy to take a look, thanks.

Comment

Don't be too hasty. Carey helps the OC in this instance..... Everything "appears" to be there but more info is required naturally.

It'll be good to see the actual paperwork as it came. That'll help - and only the stuff received from your most recent cca request where you last paid £1. Anything before that you can ignore for now as the new dca may not have it.....

Email me what they sent inc the cover letter please and I'll look through it

ps your letter above shows the reference so I've deleted it.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I've just emailed it over to you.

I hadn't spotted the reference though so thank as well for removing it!

I have only ever sent the one s78 request in 2009.

Comment

In which case you should send a new request to ARC so we can see what info THEY have
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      In which case you should send a new request to ARC so we can see what info THEY have
                      I did wonder whether to send one to them but as they've not written since August and my phone numbers appear to be on an auto-redial at the moment, I thought it might be better to wait until they write again?

Bearing in mind that there has been a previous gap of 12 months between correspondence from June 12 (Debt Managers) to June 13 (ARC) and I haven't had a noa from anyone either.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                        Does anyone here have any experience of ARC?

They are calling me on a daily basis either mobile or landline, sometimes it a real person leaving a message but on the whole it's a recorded message which is very difficult to hear!

I will have a look through my files later and see when they last contacted me in writing, I think it's been a while but any info from anyone will give me an idea of future problems with them.

in view of the above, i think if you can put up with the phonecalls, i'd wait until you get a letter from them.

Comment

I agree. Best leave it and see what they come back with

Comment

Yes it seems the best option at the moment.

Our landline is permanently on answerphone as 99% of the calls received are call centres trying to sell their fantastic offers!

No problem with calls to mobile either, I never answer unrecognised numbers and the caller can always leave a message.

Comment

I love my True Call system - it was worth every penny and zaps unwanted bank-related vermin very nicely indeed... :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X