GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman

The agreement you sent looks enforceable, everything is present in the CCA.......

any default / assignment etc?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh dear thanks for checking it over for me Niddy.

I so wish that I had stopped paying this at the same time as my others, this won't be SB until mid 2016 and I doubt it will get there without anything happening. I think I was a worried at the time because of the amount, the balance then was just over £12k but is now over £14!

Although it did go from Aug 13 (ARC Europe) to May14 before Arrow started writing.

The NOA was issued by Arrow in Aug 11 and it enclosed a letter dated the same date from Sainsburys advising that it was sold to Arrow in April 11.

The DN was issued 20th May 2010 sent 2nd class (I kept the envelope) and the date to remedy is 10th June so seems to be compliant apart from the OFT information sheet which wasn't with it.

It doesn't look promising if they issue a claim.

Worse case scenario - CCJ - Possible charging order? Joint ownership of property which has a good chunk of equity.

Comment

Joint ownership means a restriction not a charging order.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Joint ownership means a restriction not a charging order.
          I remember reading about restrictions but it was some time ago.

I think I'd better find some threads in the legal section where claims have been issued on enforceable debt so that I can see what advice is given and the outcome.

I suppose I've been pretty lucky so far to get to nearly 6 years, without too much of a problem and only two claims to defend which became stayed a few years ago.

I was wondering whether to spend a tenner and send a SAR to Sainsburys to see what they've got?

Do they have to produce the original document in court or will a copy suffice (pre 2007)?

Comment

A copy will suffice but it must be taken from sources which they can prove would have been the same as the original.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SXGuy, I'll just have to sit tight and see what they do next.

Arrow don't consider that they are the creditor so it will be interesting to see who Wilkin chapman issue (if that's what comes next) on behalf of!

Getting a bit stressed about this one now!

Comment

Very best of luck..

Comment

Can't find any threads relating to Wilkin Chapman, apart from Charlie and Greymatter so nothing to compare notes with unfortunately.

Comment

Just doing a bit of reading/filing.

The last paragraph in Arrow's letter enclosing the CCA is as follows:-

"this account is currently being operated on our behalf by Wilkin Chapman LLP. We will deal with this document request only and all other enquiries should be directed to them using the contact details provided below."

I live in hope that it takes Wilkins another 18 months to get in touch because I have no intention to make any enquiries to them!

Comment

I've just been and found my old statements for this card to check the last payment I made and it was 2nd Feb 2010.

It's going to be a jittery new year!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                        I've just been and found my old statements for this card to check the last payment I made and it was 2nd Feb 2010.

Eeek...not long now.

Most of mine are due to be SB this year...so a jittery new year for me too MP.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Eeek...not long now.

Most of mine are due to be SB this year...so a jittery new year for me too MP.

We wait so long for the elusive SB to arrive.

When it finally does it rolls in so fast that we can even miss that special moment..

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

so assuming the earliest possible default / termination plus a bit adds say +40 days you *should be* alright around the end of March / start of April time (being extremely generous).....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Niddy, I'll be counting the days!

Comment

Ohhh, good luck :

Comment

Working...
                                X