GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sainsburys - Arrow - Wilkin Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A R C

I remember that was widely recommended on Cag but I never bought one, I think I did look at it but couldn't justify/afford it at the time.

Leaving our house phone on permanent answerphone isn't a problem, friends and family contact us on mobile 99% of the time.

Comment

CAG were being paid for promoting the tru-call.

We went different and offered your own number that diverts to an automated system, this will be available again in January as we've now built the remaining code required to fit it in to our systems.

Tru-Call still costs a few bob, plus you need updates, our virtual number will be free to all users who have ever donated to AAD..... More later
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        CAG were being paid for promoting the tru-call.

We went different and offered your own number that diverts to an automated system, this will be available again in January as we've now built the remaining code required to fit it in to our systems.

Tru-Call still costs a few bob, plus you need updates, our virtual number will be free to all users who have ever donated to AAD..... More later
        That would explain the reason a certain member swore by it!

I did read on here about the system you're working on. Are you still looking at the post option too?

I promise I will get my purse out after Xmas, it's been like a breath of fresh air over here and fantastic positive help given without question!

Comment

I have used True call to sort of many smug sorts including a few at FOS and DCAs who tried to say they had 'not' said something when the tapes it provided proved otherwise. It cost me about 99 quid initially (several years ago) and is about 14 quid a year for the internet part - which means you can bang all the recordings on line etc.. FOS comp paid for it many times over ...lol ;-)

Comment

If you want a cheaper option, besides niddys telephone number, CPR Call blocker is a great bit of kit as well. Doesnt record phone convo's or logs, but does block any number you want. Can block an incoming call, or add a number to the block list beforehand.

I usually add numbers whenever i get a new letter, saves doing it later.

Can also block all types of international, VOIP, call centres, overseas, witheld etc. The latest version lets you block area code specific numbers, so you could in theory block all "08" numbers altogether.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Recording the rows etc is such great fun though and I would really miss such sport. It's also very nice to be able to print off reams of dated tape recordings with pertinent times and phone numbers at a later date. Plus blocking anonymous numbers straight out and trolls that are unwanted is all such good entertainment...All depends what you want and how much data you want from any given system really... in the old days before we had a system we used to let the budgie answer the banks etc ... really gets 'em spitting venom when the chap at the other end says, "Who's a pretty boy then...!"

Comment

Two months on and everything remains the same.

In the last two months, I have had 8 calls to our landline and two to my mobile.

Nothing to get too stressed about so will leave until anything different happens.

Comment

Whoops, thought I'd been sent to Coventry!

I see that there are issues with the site at the moment, at least I know it's not my laptop which decided to crash last week but now has a new(ish) hard drive installed so I'm up and running again.

So another 3 months has passed and I have received a letter from Arrow today to advise that they have passed on all my account details to a new company to manage.

It's RESTONS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

It's RESTONS!!!
                    No need to tell you to stay on top of this one, or you'll be the proud owner of a shiny new CCJ in no time.

You will probably receive their standard nasty "we are under strict instructions to take you to court" letter of introduction so just get your response in to them double quick by recorded delivery. Good luck.

Comment

You may get lucky, ive had a few phone calls and nothing else as yet, been 2 months. Still waiting on the nasty letter.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to get my file out and put it into a diary format on here so I can get prepared as far as I can be for whatever comes next.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Restons don't get too aggressive because at first glance when Niddy looked at the paperwork Sainsbury's sent a few years ago, this one may be enforceable.

Can one of the site team change this thread title to Sainsburys - Restons please?

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to get my file out and put it into a diary format on here so I can get prepared as far as I can be for whatever comes next.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Restons don't get too aggressive because at first glance when Niddy looked at the paperwork Sainsbury's sent a few years ago, this one may be enforceable.

Can one of the site team change this thread title to Sainsburys - Restons please?
                          Done.....

Comment

Re: Sainsburys - Restons

Thank you for sorting title Deepie.

I've had laptop issues again due to my charger packing in but new one on its way.

I've gone back through my thread and see that I'd put the history of this in post 5!

The calls have started this morning, leaving a message on my landline and mobile but neither mention my name but do state that it's Restons.

If it's just going to be phone calls, I think I'll leave things at the moment and wait for them to write and see what intentions they have.

Would everyone agree?

Comment

Re: Sainsburys - Restons

Good plan, wait for them to put it in writing...let us know what they send

Elsa x

Comment

Don't worry if Restons get aggressive because you've still got the opportunity to send them a new s.78 CCA request since your last one was sent to Sainsbury's in 2009. Goodness knows what's happened to their paperwork since then.

I have a Sainsbury's account which they admitted was UE because they said the Ts & Cs would have been on the back of the "credit agreement" but they didn't have the original on their file systems to reconstitute it. They admitted this when I challenged them on the "honesty and accuracy" of the recon one they sent.

I have Restons chasing my M & S store card which changed into a credit card without a new agreement. I've sent them the Santander vs Mayhew judgement and pointed out the legal similarities not to mention the fact that I was the defendant who won that case
                                Last edited by PlanB; 27 May 2014, 09:34. Reason: removed repeated words

Comment

Working...
                                X