GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script inspirational's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inspirational's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inspirational's UE diary

Hello, here we go!

MBNA Credit Card, commenced before 2007 Balance £9k approx now with Moorgate

Been on a DMP since 2009, all payments up to date until last month when they sold debt to Moorgate, since then £1

15th March: CCA request sent by RD
    28th March: Letter from Moorgate asking me to ring them to discuss account urgently - I guess I ignore this because I need to do everything in writing as I can't trust them as far as I can throw them?
    29th March: Statement letter received from Moorgate showing the last months transactions, or lack of them!

Virgin Credit Card, commenced before 2007 Balance £4k approx now with Moorgate

Been on a DMP since 2009, all payments up to date until last month when they sold debt to Moorgate, since then £1

28th March: Letter from Moorgate asking me to ring them to discuss account urgently - I guess I ignore this?

Mint Credit Card, commenced before 2007 Balance £4k approx

28th March: Got my usual statement from them today

Comments and advice welcome, am I missing any info?
    Last edited by inspirational; 29 March 2012, 08:40.

Re: inspirational's UE diary

doesn't matter the debts are now unenforceable until they produce something
    just sit back and relax

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by inspirational View Post
      Comments and advice welcome, am I missing any info?
      All three are owned by Moorgate?

Have Morongate complied with any of your requests pursuant to section 78(1) - link - of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

Until and unless they do, subsection (6) applies:

(6)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
      (a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement
      Hence, it might be a good idea not to pay Morongits another penny.

Comment

welcome xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          All three are owned by Moorgate?

Have Morongate complied with any of your requests pursuant to section 78(1) - link - of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

Until and unless they do, subsection (6) applies:

Hence, it might be a good idea not to pay Morongits another penny.
          The first two are Moorgate will clarify my first post.

I've not had anything back re my CCA request, today Moorgate sent me a letter titled RE: Your former Credit Card Agreement with MBNA Europe Bank - "This is a statement given to you in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974

This has what in effect amounts to a monthly statement on the back of it, showing me now £101 in arrears.

Do I need do anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            No, just wait for them to reply to your CCA request. The account will be UE till they've sent something compliant.
            Do you suppose they will?

Comment

Well I've heard bugger all from them apart from regular letters telling me I am in arrears. Do I need do anything else, I suspect not.......

Comment

Well I've heard bugger all from them apart from regular letters telling me I am in arrears. Do I need do anything else, I suspect not.......
                just sit tight.......

Comment

Mint have sent me a letter, stating that they enclose the s78(1) information.

They've got my signature and it's dated August 2007, I thought it was before that, how does the date affect things?

What do I do with it? What info is required on here?

Thanks.

Comment

They've got my signature and it's dated August 2007, I thought it was before that, how does the date affect things?

Thanks.
                    Send the agreement to Niddy--> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

The main cover letter, the agreement part and any terms (usually the first couple of pages) - He will ask for anything extra if needed.

Comment

Thanks.
                      Send to Niddy for a look-------> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                      Put your username on the title

Comment

The mint one is enforceable; it was taken out Aug 2007.

Since s.127 is repealed there ain't much we can do but blag this one sadly.

Easy to remedy as they can create a recon with tick-in-box as per 12/04 electronic comms act.

Sorry mate. Bad start

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                          doesn't matter the debts are now unenforceable until they produce something
                          just sit back and relax

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:
                          • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
                          Still need this info too
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            The mint one is enforceable; it was taken out Aug 2007.

Since s.127 is repealed there ain't much we can do but blag this one sadly.

Easy to remedy as they can create a recon with tick-in-box as per 12/04 electronic comms act.

Sorry mate. Bad start

However based on mint being gutless with a gap where their balls belong; I would blag this and send the missing PT's.

Comment

Ok thanks, for MINT:

Type of account : Credit Card

Date commenced : August 2007

Approx balance : £4,500

Date last paid : July 2009

Are you on arrangement or not paying : Paying £1

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) : Arrears

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) : Mint, the account owner

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X