GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script evilcartman UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

evilcartman UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evilcartman UE diary

I have an unenforceable (according to Niddy) Egg credit card account, which of course has now been taken over by Barclaycard. I had a bit of drama a month or so ago but that has been dealt with and there is already an existing thread about that, so there's no need to reinvent the wheel here.

The latest is that I've just had a letter from yet another DCA with the usual bluff and bluster.

I'm minded to send one of the standard template f*** off letters rather than just ignore it.

What do the wise heads on here say?

Re: evilcartman UE diary
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    Bit more info on what has happened so far.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Bit more info on what has happened so far.....
      Credit card
      Pre 2003
      Below £10,000
      Last paid in early 2011
      Account was supposed to be "on hold" after appointing a debt counsellor to act on my behalf (they've been useless and I'm now resuming UE)
      Default recorded in early 2011 (without telling me)
      A DCA is writing to me again.

Details are necessarily vague to avoid the account being easily identifiable. I don't want to make it too easy for them to spy on me. There is a link in the OP about what has happened so far.

Comment

briefly what have you sent.... what have you received ?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did a formal Sec 78 request to Egg in early 2010. They eventually sent a "reconstituted" document consisting of a photocopy of what appeared to be a microfiche of a signed application form and photocopies of current terms and conditions.

I responded with Niddy's MSE template letters and of course Egg just responded with the usual cut-and-paste blahblahblah.

Then came the Slater v Egg judgement, I didn't know where Niddy had disappeared to at the time and I lost my nerve. I was still paying the payments at this point.

Then towards the end of 2010, the freelance work I had been relying on dried up and I was back on JSA. I then stopped payments and asked a debt counsellor to negotiate on my behalf regarding the account. They said they had got the lender to agree to put the account "on hold" pending the sale of my house, but there seems to be some disagreement about who has said what to whom.

I have shown Egg's Sec 78 response to Niddy and he confirms it is unenforceable.

I've lost confidence in the DMC in all honesty and don't see any incentive in trying to come to an arrangement with Barclaycard since a default notice has been put on the account anyway (without me even being told - I only found out after checking my CRA file).

So basically I want to go back to playing hardball and tell them they're getting f*** all as it's unenforceable.

The latest is that I've received a letter from a new DCA demanding payment.
          Last edited by evilcartman; 25 February 2012, 17:08.

Comment

I Would send this then...>....
            Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              I Would send this then...>....
              Account Sold whilst in Dispute
              Thanks for that. On the template is says "original creditor" (which was Egg). As you know, Egg was bought by Barclaycard.

If I put Egg down as the original creditor, I think the DCA may try to obfuscate by saying they are acting on behalf of Barclaycard.

So do you recommend putting down Egg or Barclaycard in the original creditor slot?

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
                Thanks for that. On the template is says "original creditor" (which was Egg). As you know, Egg was bought by Barclaycard.

If I put Egg down as the original creditor, I think the DCA may try to obfuscate by saying they are acting on behalf of Barclaycard.

So do you recommend putting down Egg or Barclaycard in the original creditor slot?
                "original creditor" (which was Egg).

Comment

Can i ask who the DCA is they passed it to?

Is it Allied international credit? or Mercers?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    Can i ask who the DCA is they passed it to?

Is it Allied international credit? or Mercers?
                    Wescot.

Comment

I think I would need to amend the wording slightly, as I can hardly accuse the new DCA of "continual harassment" when they've only sent one letter.

Comment

all the best x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I think I would need to amend the wording slightly, as I can hardly accuse the new DCA of "continual harassment" when they've only sent one letter.
                          Yes, it's okay to amend the letter.

I've amended template letters several times to fit my own personal circumstances.

See allaboutDEBT | Our Templates | General Debt Templates

Remember to edit any parts you see that are highlighted in a "bold font". You usually have to add some text and/or amend the content to suit your situation.
                          Templates give you the basis of the letter to send, they will usually need amending as everyone's situation is different.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Apparently the CEO of Wescot is one Gordon Pollock. Would it be childish to 'accidentally' call him Mr Pillock?

Comment

Apparently the CEO of Wescot is one Gordon Pollock. Would it be childish to 'accidentally' call him Mr Pillock?
                              he's probably used to it!
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X