GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Winter Despair - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Despair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Despair

Hi all, hope you are well...the start to my year has not been so good though. A couple of weeks ago I was laid off from work and dont know if they will be taking me back on, which brings me to my current situation with credit cards...

Last year Niddy was a great help and it looks like I have been succesful against Capital One regarding UE, alas he looked at my Mint and Mbna and they were enforceable, I also have a large sum on Barclays but as my wage/mortage/debits all come from that account I had to leave it alone until/if I ever got enough money to have a new bank account somewhere else...

Now I have reached the point where I just cant pay the Mint and Mbna accounts, both are now over the credit limit and I am struggling! the thing is I will now obv have a default from Capital One so am weighing up my options (although I dont want any court actions!). I saw these templates on here....

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=450

Should I send template 1 to both now? the other option was to maybe just send them the UE templates and keep down that route even though they maybe are enforceable?

Thank you all for reading, and look forward to any advice...

Re: Winter Despair

Sure you can try your luck at blagging it...

However if you are uncertain you may want to talk to CAB or write to the companies direct explaining your change in circumstances and offering them X amount for so many months until you get back on your feet?

Comment

Hi

If the accounts are enforceable. would it not be an idea to start up your own DMP plan?

I did this for just over a year and most of the compies I dealt with were OK to accept this. One was Mint who issued me with an immediate default but accepted my payment and froze all interest and charges

It may not be a long term solution but it def gives you the breathing space to think about what to do next.

this is my DMP thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23

I am now looking at UE due to change of circumstances and one of my creditors playing silly beggers!!

Hope that helps a bit!!

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your replies, i've decided to send this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...61&postcount=2 to both Mbna and Mint for now and see what they say...

If your around Niddy, what are your thoughts?

Comment

I don't think it would do any harm sending that.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post
            Last year Niddy was a great help and it looks like I have been succesful against Capital One regarding UE, alas he looked at my Mint and Mbna and they were enforceable, I also have a large sum on Barclays but as my wage/mortage/debits all come from that account I had to leave it alone until/if I ever got enough money to have a new bank account somewhere else...
            Hi

Do you mean you have a large sum on your Barclaycard? If so, when was the card taken out?

Why not open a basic bank account which is unconnected to any of your creditors eg the Cooperative cashminder account? It's really easy to transfer all your direct debits/standing orders from your Barclays account, there is internet banking and a Visa debit card. However there is no overdraft facility with this account.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post
              Thanks to both of you for your replies, i've decided to send this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...61&postcount=2 to both Mbna and Mint for now and see what they say...

If your around Niddy, what are your thoughts?
              Could do matey. See what they say, however with no income you can forget a dmp. Even £1 gestures won't achieve much, ie if they want to take action!

It's best to keep them informed, use financial hardship as a reason - send a pm to Gerry. She's shit hot on it.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
                Hi

Do you mean you have a large sum on your Barclaycard? If so, when was the card taken out?

Why not open a basic bank account which is unconnected to any of your creditors eg the Cooperative cashminder account? It's really easy to transfer all your direct debits/standing orders from your Barclays account, there is internet banking and a Visa debit card. However there is no overdraft facility with this account.
                Hi Pixie, yes shame its my biggest one (£9k) as this will probably be UE as it will be from around 2000, but thats my problem you see, I dont have enough money to start a new account at the moment...so have been paying this £250+ a month interest!!! wont be able to do that either from next month....

Comment

What money do you need to start an account I believe you can open one with 1.00

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Could do matey. See what they say, however with no income you can forget a dmp. Even £1 gestures won't achieve much, ie if they want to take action!

It's best to keep them informed, use financial hardship as a reason - send a pm to Gerry. She's shit hot on it.
                    Thanks again Nid for the result with Crappy One last year, shame these other two were enforecable and im stuck with Barclays. I have seen mentions of blagging it, is this just sending them replies as if it was UE and seeing what happens?

Sorry but I cant see Gerry's pm, do you have it please...thanks.

Comment

Hiya

I'll be back in morning. Ok, for the moment and to buy time go and send a cca request to everyone you owe money to (only banks). Then get yourself a coop basic account with £1 deposit. Do it asap, then we'll work thru your debts and sort them one at a time yea?

Obviously you MUST open a new account like yesterday, coop seems best (plus u get debit card). I've sent a pm to Gerry for you, she'll come and post here. However right now let's get a cca sent off and see exactly how things stand. Send £1 with each cca and send it recorded delivery - then cease repayments and we'll sort through things.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Gerry

If you come by, will you please help explain financial hardship so he can utilise it on any enforceable agreements?

I love walkers,

Don't do anything about financial hardship just yet, it's more for reference for later so you're aware of it and how it benefits you!

Cheers - Niddy.

Comment

To send Gerry a PM click on her name in the members list and then you'll be able to click on 'send a private message'.

You can open a Coop cashminder account with £1 and have wages/benefits etc paid in just like with any other current account. Save yourself the £250+ a month.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

By the way, you don't need to have a Coop Bank branch nearby, you can pay in at the Post Office and use Post Office/atms for withdrawals.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Hiya

I'll be back in morning. Ok, for the moment and to buy time go and send a cca request to everyone you owe money to (only banks). Then get yourself a coop basic account with £1 deposit. Do it asap, then we'll work thru your debts and sort them one at a time yea?

Obviously you MUST open a new account like yesterday, coop seems best (plus u get debit card). I've sent a pm to Gerry for you, she'll come and post here. However right now let's get a cca sent off and see exactly how things stand. Send £1 with each cca and send it recorded delivery - then cease repayments and we'll sort through things.
                              Hi Niddy

Yeah we sent cca's to Mint and Mbna early last year and you said they were Enforceable, so I kept on paying (pfft!), should I send them cca's again? I was sending them both the template posted above about needing 28 days, or should I not send it and just stop paying?

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
                              X