GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Winter Despair - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Despair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Despair

Mate no bugger has touched your house have they? So why would you sit here stressing about others when technically nobody has done anything anyway - period.

We have Paul to help if such ever occurred and he's pretty good ya know!!

Stop being a killjoy mate. All you've had is a ccj - wow. No biggie, get over it and dust yourself down and come back fighting harder than ever matey! That's how you beat the system and the bank.

You may have lost one small fight, so what. Life goes on.

Happy birthday - go and enjoy it mate.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Happy Birthday, and do as Niddy suggests, stop stressing about the others. Barclays/Barclaycard rarely if ever do their own dirty work and litigate on their own behalf for this sort of debt. The believe they are not bad boys and therefore cannot be seen to do this to debtors.

They will use every dirty little trick in the book to bring you to heel. Ours have been going on four years now, 16DCAs and 3 solicitors practices later they have sold two to a lowlife load of scum named Lowells. Both of the accounts are UE, we are still here battling on, we have our doorstep --- still, they haven't collected it yet despite being threatened with Armageddon worse than the Book of Revelation on a number of occasions. The sale actually helps , as they will have sold it on for about 10p to 12 p in the pound which means if ever the worst came to the worst we would offer a maximum of 15% to settle on watertight F & F or battle it out in court.

If its UE its UE and if the dates are correct (pre April 2007) then the court CANNOT grant an order against you (s127 CCA1974 still applies to those agreements).

So relax and enjoy the holiday a bit mate.

regards
      Garlok
      Last edited by garlok; 27 December 2011, 15:10.

Comment

Thanks a lot fellas, those words mean so much, been out for a nice meal and back out soon for some proper drinks...thanks again, have a brilliant new year!

Comment

Hope you're having a good birthday.

Forget the dcas etc for now
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Firstly and most important have a really good birthday!

I couldn't agree more with the above advice. Always remember being in debt is not a crime, and this site shows you're far from alone.

A CCJ really makes very little difference to you. It's a debt that's owed, and the only difference is the court has now said pay £x per month. If you can't afford it you can always go back for a redetermination. If you're lucky, sometimes the OC will negotiate directly with you, as it is, afterall, still them the money is owed to. A judge will never force you to pay more than you can afford, so don't worry.

Comment

Birthday greetings thread here
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Got my reply from Mbna today, they have accepted my monthly payment of £90, seems strange feeling happy about this as I have nearly £5k to pay off, but as my house and everything else is left alone I guess I should be smiling!

Just hope none of my other 3 end up like this as things could get very bad!

Thanks a lot to Niddy and everyone else for helping me stay calm, I was really losing it at one point, I feel this site could really stop some people form actually taking their own lives its that much of a help...

Comment

Well done mate, now you need them to send confirmation that the CCJ application will be discontinued and ask them to confirm to you and to notify the court, then send a copy off to the court as well.

Well done - glad you got there in the end - wise offer as well, worked a treat (as the bank also realised)
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorting the first payment monday, they say in the form to keep a record of payments (this is going to be four years worth) so no dispute in the future, is a direct debit from my bank ok for this year, or would you send a postal order or cheque every month, anyone done this before?

Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post
                      Sorting the first payment monday, they say in the form to keep a record of payments (this is going to be four years worth) so no dispute in the future, is a direct debit from my bank ok for this year, or would you send a postal order or cheque every month, anyone done this before?

Cheers...
                      Do it as a standing order then it can't be changed by them.......

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post

Cheers...
                        I'd suggest setting up a standing order with your bank, rather than a DD. This keeps you in control of the payments, and is more reliable than remembering to send a cheque or PO every month.

I wouldn't trust a DD as they could, in theory, suck the life out of you leaving you then to try and claim it back. I know there are 'safeguards' with DDs but quite honestly it's better and safer to not give them the opportunity.

Comment

Ahh sorry, thats what I meant actually, a standing order with my bank...I can always get them to back date any of my payments if theres a problem...thanks for your reply.

Comment

I now use the faster payments service to pay creditors and DCA's

They have no connection with your bank at all then, the downside is that you have to remember to do it each month, however it works for me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              I now use the faster payments service to pay creditors and DCA's

They have no connection with your bank at all then, the downside is that you have to remember to do it each month, however it works for me fine.
                              Is it faster than paying the buggers in bags of coinage into which one has added broken shirt buttons and/or bits of chewing gum in the hope of mucking up their automated coin counting machines?
                              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 7 January 2012, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                Is it faster than paying the buggers in bags of coinage?
                                They can refuse it remember - nothing states they have to accept coins as tender

* Niddy tries to recall the farmer, a digger truck of 1p's, a council tax office and then a 'clean up' bill of a grand

Comment

Working...
                                X