GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Winter Despair - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Despair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter Despair

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post
    Hi Niddy

Yeah we sent cca's to Mint and Mbna early last year and you said they were Enforceable, so I kept on paying (pfft!), should I send them cca's again? I was sending them both the template posted above about needing 28 days, or should I not send it and just stop paying?

Cheers...
    Send cca's again for now and stop paying. You have to blag it, cos you can't pay can you? Your credit file will be knackered so don't worry about thst mate. Best to get defaulted asap so they drop off in 6yrs....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yep going to send the new ccas off, always a catch though, just realised that my pension I have done for 10 years and have still been paying into is with Virgin...my Mbna card is Virgin! will they be completley different departments? £9k already in the pension which I cant touch till im in my 50s (38 at mo), you think that they would just rob my pension pot?

Comment

Well have logged into both my Pension and credit card to check and they are both under the same screen of Virgin Money, I owe approx £4k on this card, but have saved £9k in pension over many years, aghhhhh! what on earth is the best course of action here? maybe I have to bite the bullet on this one and try and get lower payments till I can sort it out, and concentrate on the Barclays and Mint cards, thoughts please....

Comment

Yep going to send the new ccas off, always a catch though, just realised that my pension I have done for 10 years and have still been paying into is with Virgin...my Mbna card is Virgin! will they be completley different departments? £9k already in the pension which I cant touch till im in my 50s (38 at mo), you think that they would just rob my pension pot?
          They cannot offset against a pension (unless they have first successfully obtained any sort of formal judgment) - don't worry
          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 1 February 2011, 07:13.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sent you a pm.

Gerry x

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
              Sent you a pm.

Gerry x
              oooh, going all private now are we? Why the secrecy...?

Comment

Thanks again Nid for the result with Crappy One last year, shame these other two were enforecable and im stuck with Barclays. I have seen mentions of blagging it, is this just sending them replies as if it was UE and seeing what happens?

Sorry but I cant see Gerry's pm, do you have it please...thanks.
                Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                oooh, going all private now are we? Why the secrecy...?
                No cloak-and-dagger just reply to this

Gerry

Comment

Phew thank god this place is back online, not been able to get on for the few days! thought they had kidnapped you Niddy!

Reply to what Gerry?

Sent the new Ccas off, and going to close my Barclays current account next week...

Comment

Phew thank god this place is back online, not been able to get on for the few days! thought they had kidnapped you Niddy!

Reply to what Gerry?

Sent the new Ccas off, and going to close my Barclays current account next week...
                    There were a few issues as our OLD hosting company switched DNS to an earlier state meaning they knackered things up.... took a while to propagate through again....

See this (if you get more issues): ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1135

Glad you're back.... Gerry sent you a PM I believe, if not then send her one...!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      There were a few issues as out OLD hosting company switched DNS to an earlier state meaning they knackered things up.... took a while to propagate through again....

See this (if you get more issues): ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1135

Glad you're back.... Gerry sent you a PM I believe, if not then send her one...!

Hi Niddy, phew really was worried as it kept going off for days, seems ok now, and you were right im on Talk Talk good band but rubbish internet!

Have re sent my cca's to Mint and Mbna and see what they come back with this year, and will send Barclays one for the first time on Monday (closing my current account with them on the same day).

Would just like to say thanks to you and everyone on here, as when the site was off I felt really worried and helpless, even asked about the site on Martin Lewis forums and they deleted the thread within 20 mins!!!

So good luck to everyone and have a good weekend...

Comment

Crispy or Niddy give me a shout when your ready to get ball rolling on hardship.

gerry x x

Comment

Would just like to say thanks to you and everyone on here, as when the site was off I felt really worried and helpless, even asked about the site on Martin Lewis forums and they deleted the thread within 20 mins!!!
                          I had the same problem, couldn't get on for quite a while - did think about posting on The Dark Site but thought it would just get pulled...

Good luck, WD
                          Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                          SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

even asked about the site on Martin Lewis forums and they deleted the thread within 20 mins!!!

So good luck to everyone and have a good weekend...
                            Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                            I had the same problem, couldn't get on for quite a while - did think about posting on The Dark Site but thought it would just get pulled...

Good luck, WD
                            Were you cheeky crispy, i dont understand why it was deleted? Am i having another daft blonde moment?

Comment

Thanks for mesg crispy, Good luck with job.

gerry x x

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
                                Were you cheeky crispy, i dont understand why it was deleted? Am i having another daft blonde moment?
                                Ermm, try and add a link here on there, they've banned us - too scared of competition

Comment

Working...
                                X