GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script When last payment has been made. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When last payment has been made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When last payment has been made.

What is the best way to find out when the last payment was made on a credit card account? By a SAR?

S.

Re: When last payment has been made.

Why do you want to know; what's the background to your question?
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its for a friend of mine who can't remember the last time he made a payment but thinks its about 6 years ago.

S

Comment

There's no reason for him to find out unless he's being chased for payment.... when it's for the DCA to prove it's not statute barred; not for him to prove it is. If he's not being chased, then he's best to leave it alone.
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

He's just had a letter from someone (don't know the details or which company its from, I'll find out when I see him later on), the first one for years. He's never done anything with this, not even a CCA request, but hadn't heard from anyone for years until now, so I may have to start with some advice for him. A good starting point will be to find out when his last payment was because it may very well be SB.

S

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
            He's just had a letter from someone (don't know the details or which company its from, I'll find out when I see him later on), the first one for years. He's never done anything with this, not even a CCA request, but hadn't heard from anyone for years until now, so I may have to start with some advice for him. A good starting point will be to find out when his last payment was because it may very well be SB.

S
            No.... a good starting point is to send the SB letter on this site and let the DCA prove it. Please find out which DCA, as this will tell us whether they have any balls or not.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Will do thanks.

S

Comment

Bit more info. Its a RBS/Mint card. Last payment was May 2008, so very close to SB and the letter came from I think it was 2f and in the small print it says Westcot.
                They were asking to confirm address.

S

Comment

Was that payment a normal monthly payment or part of an arrangement.

In any case as they are only wanting address confirmation I think ignore

Comment

That was just a normal payment and my first thought is to ignore it too. The letter had the usual crap about contacting them within 7 days or if........so I'm thinking he same, ignore it.

S

Comment

Yep.... ignore.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

According to what I have read , the last normal payment may well not be the start of timing for statute barred although I am not sure when it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
                          According to what I have read , the last normal payment may well not be the start of timing for statute barred although I am not sure when it would be.
                          Does anyone have a definite answer for when SB starts please?

S

Comment

the letter came from . . . . it says Westcot. They were asking to confirm address.
                            Which means they don't have a clue whether he even lives there or not. Don't enlighten them.

Tell your friend to keep schtum

Comment

Does anyone have a definite answer for when SB starts please?
                              Yes, Riz does

Comment

Working...
                              X