GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Hi guys,

My parents took out a 2nd mortgage with Avco Trust plc in 1998. They were told they had to take PPI even with paperwork which said optional.

My dad had medical history and obviously wouldn't be covered for this. His job provided 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay.

Original loan 1998 Avco Trust.

Sold to Associates sometime in 2000

Sold to citibank.

Since had communications from Future mortgages, Citifinancial, Horton Finance and Engage Credit.

I believe this was paid off this year.

There have been efforts made by my parents to claim PPI including using some CMC's (not paid). Many of the communications made by CMC and parents met with stonewalling which included that no record could be found of PPI.

I want to start from scratch (i have multiple copies of the credit agreement but no insurance details apart from cost of nearly £12k). Who should be sent a SAR ? All of the above ?

I expect this may take a court case as the fos said no a few years ago.

Cheers

M1

Re: Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

If the FOS have already rejected this then that will stand - especially if it was their final decision, however I guess you already know that.

Thus you need to SAR whoever opened the account, but to be honest you may hit brick walls due to the fact so many people have taken over these companies, ergo the paper trail may well be cold already.....

As your dad had cover and was forced to take it as a result of acceptance, then this is a clear missale and a refund should be awarded - why, I have to ask, did the FOS reject this a few years ago exactly?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I believe it wasn't covered by them.

Sorry to be brief on that as they are out and i had little to do with it before now.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        I believe it wasn't covered by them.

Sorry to be brief on that as they are out and i had little to do with it before now.

M1
        If they were issued a regulated loan then it'd be covered by them, naturally. In what way was it not covered by them? If you don't have answers, no sweat - pop back later when you can clarify - more info means we can help you get a refund quicker (if possible)....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Di30 is our reclaims expert, she'll be able to guide you what to do - if not gimme a shout and we'll try and sort it for you. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            If they were issued a regulated loan then it'd be covered by them, naturally. In what way was it not covered by them? If you don't have answers, no sweat - pop back later when you can clarify - more info means we can help you get a refund quicker (if possible)....
            I think they referred them to the FLA but i'll see if i can get more info.

M1

Comment

The reason it was rejected by the FOS is because it was sold before the remit of the FOS you will need to complain to the organisation that was in force before the FOS.

These may help or at least put you on the track:

http://freespace.virgin.net/bank.hel...ents/7235.html

http://www.abi.org.uk/

http://www.fla.org.uk/home

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                The reason it was rejected by the FOS is because it was sold before the remit of the FOS you will need to complain to the organisation that was in force before the FOS.

Ooops, just seen the date it commenced - sorry my bad

* the FOS was introduced in 2001 btw

Comment

Hi there

Sorry for my delay, had lots on today lol.

As the business were not regulated, I would still contact the FOS anyway and they may possibly suggest the underwriter/insurer of the policy.

You could rule the FLA out first, but going by other people's experienced its very rare they have been helpful, but as said give it a go with them anyway, if this fails you can let the FOS know you have been this direction already and now asking on your best direction to take.

Its possible the underwriter/insurer were regulated, maybe by GISC and the FOS generally takes these cases on, but please be aware, this can take some time.

The FOS will investigate the involvement the underwriter/insurer had with the lender/broker in regards of the insurance.

Hope this works out, please keep us posted, cheers and good luck.

Comment

Well as i'm basically starting from square 1 i had to decide who to claim from. Phoned Citi and they said i had to claim from the company who mis-sold which they claimed was Norton finance. After i hung up i was reading a Citi letter and happened to notice the company registration details for the citi group which including a certain Avco trust reg no 721502. Funny that.

So i'm going to initiate a complaint with Citi/Avco now that the owners are now confirmed as the original sellers. They can't deny knowledge if i copy the agreement and highlight the Avco reg company info that belongs to them. Amazed that a CMC or 3 missed this.

M1

Comment

Good luck with this. Let us know what happens

Comment

Thanks will do.

M1

Comment

Well as i'm basically starting from square 1 i had to decide who to claim from. Phoned Citi and they said i had to claim from the company who mis-sold which they claimed was Norton finance. After i hung up i was reading a Citi letter and happened to notice the company registration details for the citi group which including a certain Avco trust reg no 721502. Funny that.

So i'm going to initiate a complaint with Citi/Avco now that the owners are now confirmed as the original sellers. They can't deny knowledge if i copy the agreement and highlight the Avco reg company info that belongs to them. Amazed that a CMC or 3 missed this.
                          Because CMC's work en masse they do not have the time to find and research the finer points of an agreement this is why it is best to do the claim yourself with the help of consumer forum sites like this one.

It is also the reason why many will not take on anything passed the 6yr limitation period too much hard work for them.

Regards
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2 December 2011, 21:07. Reason: added text

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                            Any update here M1? :niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Any update here M1? :niddy
                              Not even an acknowledgement.

M1

Comment

Working...
                              X