GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Not even an acknowledgement.

M1
    Chase them up.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Chase them up.
      Don't they get 8 weeks ? (overlooking lack of acknowledgement ignornce)

M1

Comment

Don't they get 8 weeks ? (overlooking lack of acknowledgement ignornce)

M1

Ummm, full decision is normally 8 weeks, I would have expected a general acknowledgement within 2 weeks approx, saying that xmas posting and this and that etc etc....

Comment

I do hope you hear soon, maybe give them another week for an acknowledgement, because of the xmas period, and take it from there. x

Comment

They ought to acknowledge receipt within 7 days followed up by a general holding response with final decision being within 8 weeks.

Obviously if they don't play ball you need to hassle them some more. I'd send a reminder now, it's a month in and the FOS are useless to you here unfortunately.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              They ought to acknowledge receipt within 7 days followed up by a general holding response with final decision being within 8 weeks.

Obviously if they don't play ball you need to hassle them some more. I'd send a reminder now, it's a month in and the FOS are useless to you here unfortunately.
              I know they have it. I realise xmas post isn't that relevant.

I was going to ignore their ignorance in sending an acknowledgement and chase them nearer the end of the month. I'll do it sooner but not this week as i'm in court for speeding this week and have a trial to prepare for.

M1

Comment

I know they have it. I realise xmas post isn't that relevant.

I was going to ignore their ignorance in sending an acknowledgement and chase them nearer the end of the month. I'll do it sooner but not this week as i'm in court for speeding this week and have a trial to prepare for.

M1

So sorry about the speeding issue.
                Can't recall if you seen my thread on this in regards of my oldest son that was stopped for speeding back in October 2011? he ended up on a speeding course in Thames Valley.
                Good luck on that.

Comment

Court for speeding ? was you over the fixed penalty threshold then ? or did you choose court on the notice because you did not agree with the charge?
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3 January 2012, 18:54.

Comment

Eeek good luck with the speeding issue. Court eh? So what was it - 50 in a 30 or flooring it down the A9

If u sent recorded then yea fine that's all the proof you need. It's a pain and really slow process but fingers crossed
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have a nose on this thread if you want to.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=3442

I was given all sorts of speedometer readings when I contacted the Fixed penalty unit no behalf of my son and he was not given a FPN when thames valley police stopped him, but they mentioned a course and gave him a leaflet about the course, but a fixed penalty fine came through the post a fortnight later (which was why i questioned this with them).
                      They decided as it was agreed at the time they stopped my son, that they changed it back to the course again, apparently though they told me allsorts of readings, 88 even 93mph, and if this was the case then he would defo not be entitled to the course but fine only, but as stated it was agreed in car by both officers of the course.

I don't feel I will ever get the actual speed my son was doing though, not sure if he will confess this to me.

Anyway, for more - linkie above, don't want to put this of your thread off course lol.

Comment

66 in a new temp 40. Well they claim it's 40 anyway. I say not. Started in 2009 and still going.

Someone else had it ruled unenforceable but lost on appeal.

It is what it is. A ban is unlikely and any points will expire in September this year although i expect to win

M1

Comment

66 in a new temp 40. Well they claim it's 40 anyway. I say not. Started in 2009 and still going.

Someone else had it ruled unenforceable but lost on appeal.

It is what it is. A ban is unlikely and any points will expire in September this year although i expect to win

M1
                          Got to court around 9:50. 26 cases to be heard. Trials last as normal. Same Jp and LA as my debate. Grrr. Break 11.10.

Around 11.25 2 scheduled trials are called and the not guilty pleas accepted by the crown. 1 of these was speeding on the A73 who was arguing signs.

Around 11.30 my trial starts. Just before 11.31 the Fiscal introduces the TTRO for Bankhead to Haggs. Oops.

Plod 1 takes the stand 2 minutes later. Fiscal goes through the motions. I quiz on dodgy statement. He didn't write it as he was off sick.Introduced video went through it etc. Challenged his signs training. He struggled as to whether Tsm chapter 8 was guidance or statute. Seemed to get it when i asked what Tsrgd 2002 was. Going through video there are 2 large 40mph signs at auchenkilns. Not ideal but could work around. Anyway 2 hours or so later he's good to retire and we break for lunch around. Another trial is called so they can postpone. I go to the loo as they didn't say when to comeback. As i return a woman and partner come out. "sorry to keep you" says i. "No bother we got a not guilty because of you" he says. LOL.

Back for 14.15.

Started again at 14.30. Called plod 2. Fiscal went through the motions. I asked about statement. He said mistake, mistake, mistake. What about the one you did for your mate. Mistake, mistake ...... Didn't go through video

The crown closed the case. I went to the loo as i was dieing. Came back and made a motion of no case to answer due to TTRO. Crown was confused but upon having the TTRO explained. Conceded. Wasn't the horrible Fiscal so didn't fist pump or anything. Girl today was quite pleasant and only recieved the file this morning. She also admitted not having a clue why i pointed out various things on the video.

Not the glory i wanted but i win so it's not a disaster.

M1

Comment

Phoned up Citi today. Can't find the account or the complaint letter. Need to forward the details to someone else in another department. (hope they speak English to a degree i can understand)

Should hear in 2/3 days.

Made issue of Tony Collins signing for it @ 07:28 29/11/11 a few times so they realised they did have it.

M1

Comment

Phoned up Citi today. Can't find the account or the complaint letter. Need to forward the details to someone else in another department. (hope they speak English to a degree i can understand)

Should hear in 2/3 days.

Made issue of Tony Collins signing for it @ 07:28 29/11/11 a few times so they realised they did have it.

M1

Typical that isn't it?

Keep us posted, cheers for your update.

Comment

Phoned today. 1st call same as last week. Saw a different number on an old letter and they found the letter.

It's already under investigation by his team leader and they will contact us when it's resolved. Hopefully that means it consists of more than a piss off letter which i assume we'd have had already.

8 weeks is next Tuesday so we can file with FOS if no word.

M1

Comment

Working...
                                X