GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ppi on old halifax personal loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ppi on old halifax personal loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi on old halifax personal loan

Hi All,
    can anyone tell me is it worth trying to see if i can reclaim ppi on a personal loan that i got via my bank back in 2001, it was for £5,000 and i had ppi on it, i finished paying it back in aug/sep 2006. any info offered i would be grateful, dont really want to waste £10 on a SAR if they wont go back that far.
    thanks for any help
    Tobyjug x
    Tobyjug x

Re: ppi on old halifax personal loan

Originally posted by tobyjug View Post
    Hi All,
    can anyone tell me is it worth trying to see if i can reclaim ppi on a personal loan that i got via my bank back in 2001, it was for £5,000 and i had ppi on it, i finished paying it back in aug/sep 2006. any info offered i would be grateful, dont really want to waste £10 on a SAR if they wont go back that far.
    thanks for any help
    Tobyjug x
    di 30 is the person to speak too.....

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...52&postcount=4
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks, and will do
      Tobyjug x

Comment

I shall post the info for you now, thanks for your pm

Comment

Hi there

Yes you can with your reasons, as long as you have the account number that is fine, the ppi account number is generally that of the loan number.

You can make a complaint by either writing a letter of complaint, below there's a template you can use, tweak and add to your requirements.......
          http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6720

Or you can use the reclaim complaint questionnaire issued by the FOS (not to get confused with the fos complaint form as if you need to complain to them).

Below is the link of the FOS complaints form who you send to the business that set up and sold you the loan with ppi, you shall find that one in the box......

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Keep copies of all you send and receive in case you need to refer back to it again at some point. They have up to 8 weeks to send you a final decision, but they should issue you with an acknowledgement letter of your complaint within a week maybe 2.

If you want to request for your paperwork from the bank, you can do so by sending them a Subject Access Request (SAR) if you wish.

One of us will be happy to post the template letter (SAR) if you wish to do so.

It's also suggested to use signed for/recorded delivery as well.

Good luck and do ask for further help if required.

Comment

Hi Di,
            i have scanned all the paperwork and i am trying to upload it now, but i am not too good with these things so could take a while xxx
            Tobyjug x

Comment

not sure if the first 5 pages have attacthed lol
              Attached Files
              Tobyjug x

Comment

Thank you, I shall download them, they may take a while because my computer takes forever lol, and get back later

Comment

Hi Di,
                  Thank you, there are 6 more from the consumer questionnaire that they sent me and then 5 from the reply, i am having trouble getting them up on here, but i will keep trying ( i have been up since 7 trying to do this so i think my computer scan and printer will be going out of the window soon lol)
                  cheers for your help and patients
                  TJx
                  Tobyjug x

Comment

next 3
                    Attached Files
                    Tobyjug x

Comment

Cool, right ok on the 2nd page it asks if it were added within the loan or not?

When you had the loan, can you recall if they ppi was added to the balance of the loan, so you paid a single payment that included the loan and ppi?

If there is still a part of further information, I would also try to add anything further on why you believe the ppi was mis sold (just to cover all ground first time round).

For example, (whatever applies to you):
                      I was forced/pressurised to take out the loan, so I assumed that I would have to accept the ppi to be accepted the loan, yet it was not dicussed with me, only that I had to take out the PPI.

And/or:
                      I had a pre-medical condition at the time of being sold PPI, it was not discussed that I would not be eligible if I made a claim on that particular condition.

And/or:
                      You assumed PPI to be part of the loan, as it was pre-crossed in that particular section when you signed for the loan, please note it was not manually ticked by myself (if this applies to you):

And/or:
                      I was covered by my employer, but as this was not discussed with me, I was not aware that I needed to disclose this.

The policy was not explained to me, and I feel for my reasons given I have a genuine case to make a reclaim on all PPI payments made to the account, plus all relevant interest.

Comment

cant get page 9 to load
                        Attached Files
                        Tobyjug x

Comment

.................thank you for also posting the others up.

I believe that Halifax would have added as one monthly payment to your loan, so as a single monthly payment, as asked on page 2, I note you were not unsure, but I understand that Halifax are like Lloyds, being as they are more or less the same bank (under the same umbrella), so it's up to you, but I would maybe change that to one single payment.

You also stated that you would have had cover in place, so I would write that in the further info (if you've not done so), and say if this was discussed with me then I would have had the opportunity to confirm that I am already covered if the unfortunate were to have happened.
                          So I feel I paid for a product that only cost me more, where I already have protection in place.

Comment

Originally posted by tobyjug View Post
                            cant get page 9 to load

Looks like you have everything in good order though, good one!

If any of the info I wrote above, you feel may also help that may apply to you, then feel free to add to your info as well.

(And keep copies).

I'm hopeless at downloading LOL.

Comment

Hi Again,
                              as much as i have tried to add page 9 its just not happening so i will type it here
                              the question is:
                              section e: about your complaint:

this section was for more info about where the sale took place, who you spoke to, the info you was given before you took out insurance, how the cost, benefits and terms were explained and so on....
                              my reply was:
                              THE SALE OF THE PPI TOOK PLACE ON THE TELEPHONE WHEN I WAS APPLYING FOR THE LOAN. I WAS ADVISED BY THE PERSON FROM THE HALIFAX THAT THE LOAN WOULD BE MORE LIKELY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IF I TOOK OUT PPI. I EXPLAINED TO THE PERSON FROM THE HALIFAX THAT I WORKED ON A TEMPORY BASIS, AND SHE TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE FINE AND I WOULD BE COVERED BY THE PPI FOR WHEN I WAS NOT WORKING AS THE WORK WAS SEASONAL. I OONLY FOUND THAT THIS WAS NOT TRUE, WHEN I CAME OUT OF WORK DUE TO THE TIME OF YEAR, AND I VISITED MY LOCAL BRANCH OF THE HALIFAX IN BOOTLE STRAND LIVERPOOL SO I COULD SPEAK TO A HALIFAX ADVISER SO THEY COULD HELP ME MAKE A CLAIM ON MY PPI, ONLY TO TO BE TOLD THAT I WAS NOT COVERED AND COULD NOT CLAIM. SO I ASKED FOR THE PPI COVER TO BE CANCELED AS I DIDNT SEE THE POINT IN PAYING FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS OF NO USE TO ME AND I WAS TOLD THAT UNFORTUNATLY I COULD NOT CANCEL IT, WHAT I WOULD HAVE TO DO, IS REPAY ALL OF THE LOAN BACK INCLUDING THE PAYMENTS FOR THE PPI AS I WAS MAKING COMBINED MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF £131.70,
                              THEN RE-APPLY FOR THE LOAN, WITHOUT THE PPI ADDED, BUT THE ADVISOR SAID AS I WAS NOW NOT WORKING I WOULD PROBELY NOT QUALIFY AND WOULD FAIL THE CREDIT CHECK

( i will now try and upload the reply i received from the halifax
                              Tobyjug x

Comment

Working...
                              X