GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ppi on old halifax personal loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ppi on old halifax personal loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi on old halifax personal loan

Hi Niddy,
    it this one,
    cheers
    Tobyjug x
    Tobyjug x

Comment

Originally posted by tobyjug View Post
      reply received from the halifax saying they do not agree that i was mis-sold the ppi
      Ok sorry for the delay, go back to HBOS as follows (short and sweet) - see what they say to that

Dear Sirs,

Ref: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx and note the content within.

I do not agree with your findings based on a couple of points as detailed below, which alone is enough to satisfy my claim that the policy was never suitable nor requested by me;
      1. You state you felt I met eligibility criteria? Ok, please clarify where in the terms of the policy it confirms you cover temporary seasonal staff? As you know full well, I never hid the fact I was a seasonal temporary worker which if I recall excludes me from your basic eligibility criteria;

2. You further state that the product was suitable. Yet I have a pre-condition which as above, excludes me from your basic provision.

In August 1997 I was taken to hospital with an inner ear infection as I had a balance issue. The infection affected my heart as it wasn't working correctly - I was diagnosed with Acute Atrial Fibrillation (heart failure) and Myocarditis (infection of the heart). I was kept in hospital for about a week and given a Warfarin Drip to see if it would regulate my heart.

I was off work as my heart still wasn't right however my employer at the time kept my job open for about 6 months but then had to let my job go as the company doctor would not sign me off and allow me back to work, I subsequently lost my job though it. I did tell the lady from the Halifax this and she said it was all the more reason to have the cover - yet another failure by the bank and more proof of the mis-sale;

3. This same assistant told me quite clearly that adding PPI would increase my chances of the loan being accepted.

As you can see above, the reasons stated is ample evidence that this policy was mis-sold, unsuitable and pushed upon me in order that a sales oriented member of staff could generate a commission payment.

Please therefore consider this response as a formal complaint, and re-evaluate your original decision prior to my complaining to the Financial Ombudsman about this.

My medical records and memory will be ample evidence to prove to you that I am the one telling the truth here. Your original assessment of my claim is wrong.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks NIddy,
        Just got it in tonight's post 1st class recorded so they should get tomorrow will update when I receive a reply
        Thanks again for all your help your a star
        Tobyjugx
        Last edited by tobyjug; 22 May 2013, 15:58. Reason: Miss spelling
        Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          just thought I would do a quick update, still not had a full response from Halifax, other than a letter dated 30/5/13 saying sorry we haven't dealt with your complaint yet, but we will asap! so hopefully I will hear something very soon as its over a month that I complained for the 2nd time..... I will update as soon as I get a letter from them
          xxx
          Tobyjug x

Comment

Was that to the CEO?

Good luck hope you hear some good news soon.

Comment

Hi Di
              no it was just a reply letter I sent after they refused my 1st letter and questionnaire. they said that I had 28 days to get back to them if I didn't agree or felt something had been missed, so Niddy put a letter together for me to send back to them, which they have had now since the end of may and the only thing I have had back was a basic acknowledgement letter saying they will deal with it asap and get back with a full response. do you think I should email the CEO of the Halifax, and do you know his or her email address?
              cheers
              Tobyjug x

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Was that to the CEO?

Good luck hope you hear some good news soon.
              Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi Di
                no it was just a reply letter I sent after they refused my 1st letter and questionnaire. they said that I had 28 days to get back to them if I didn't agree or felt something had been missed, so Niddy put a letter together for me to send back to them, which they have had now since the end of may and the only thing I have had back was a basic acknowledgement letter saying they will deal with it asap and get back with a full response. do you think I should email the CEO of the Halifax, and do you know his or her email address?
                cheers
                Tobyjug x

Hiya

If the time has gone on and you've heard nothing within the timescales given, then yes I would chase it up with the CEO.
                Now I understand the CEO for Halifax is the same one as Lloyds, so you email him on the Lloyds addy to what I know of.

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Di,
                  I will get an email off to him now, and will let you know when I receive a reply.
                  Tobyjug x
                  Tobyjug x

Comment

hi all
                    had some news...... the Halifax have written back and they are going to uphold my claim ( in light of the fact I had a pre existing medical condition ) and will receive a cheque in the next 28 days
                    thank you so much to Di and Niddy for all your help and advice and everyone else on the site.......to you all.......or woman ...lol thank you all xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Tobyjug x
                    Tobyjug x

Comment

Brilliant news Toby, well done to Di and Niddy too
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

hi all
                        had some news...... the Halifax have written back and they are going to uphold my claim ( in light of the fact I had a pre existing medical condition ) and will receive a cheque in the next 28 days
                        thank you so much to Di and Niddy for all your help and advice and everyone else on the site.......to you all.......or woman ...lol thank you all xxxxxxxxxxx
                        Tobyjug x

YAY Congratulations!!!!!! that is fantastic, well done done to you too!

It's our pleasure!!!

Comment

hi all
                          Tobyjug x
                          Congratulations - excellent news.

Check the figures when you get the cheque or final amount - my one was quite a few hundred pounds short.

Comment

hi and thanks, I will double check the amounts match,
                            and to be honest I don't trust them anyway, I think I must of really peed them off as they wrote to me today saying they are cancelling my credit card when it expires soon, even though I am upto date.. so I think I have rattled some ones cage..... never mind, I am not bothered cant afford to use it anyway, so makes no difference.

Tobyjug x

Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post
                            Congratulations - excellent news.

Check the figures when you get the cheque or final amount - my one was quite a few hundred pounds short.
                            Tobyjug x

Comment

Working...
                            X