GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Just a little confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a little confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little confused

Hi Folks

My partner had various loans,CC and overdrafts during her previous lives and it has fallen on me to help sort them out.

One of these appears to be a bank loan which was extended over the years. I have very little info on the original documentation and she has now settled the outstanding debt (circa £10000)

I sent a SAR request last year but was refused any information as HSBC claimed that as the debt had been settled they had no legal obligation to respond.

I'm pretty sure PPi was added as my GF used to be easily pursuaded by bank employees. Im also sure she didnt understand what she was agreeing to as she had periods of redundancy and never claimed!! Indeed she kept paying whilst she was redundant!. I am absolutley sure she had bank charges charged to the account and we would like to reclaim those as well.

So whats the next step please. I'm afraid I've confused myself by reading too mant threads

Thanks in anticipation folks

Re: Just a little confused

di30 is the one a speak to regarding this.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your swift response. Should I email direct to her or wait for her to pop along soon?

Comment

just wait for her to pop along..........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi I'm here

Shall take a looksie now for you x

Comment

just like magic.........

Comment

Wow, never had a woman respond so quickly, normally takes 15 pints and a gallon of Rohypnol. (JK)

If you wouldn't mind haven't a little peek I would be most greatfull. And thank you for being there.

Comment

Originally posted by carlsberg89 View Post
                Hi Folks

My partner had various loans,CC and overdrafts during her previous lives and it has fallen on me to help sort them out.

One of these appears to be a bank loan which was extended over the years. I have very little info on the original documentation and she has now settled the outstanding debt (circa £10000)

I sent a SAR request last year but was refused any information as HSBC claimed that as the debt had been settled they had no legal obligation to respond.

I'm pretty sure PPi was added as my GF used to be easily pursuaded by bank employees. Im also sure she didnt understand what she was agreeing to as she had periods of redundancy and never claimed!! Indeed she kept paying whilst she was redundant!. I am absolutley sure she had bank charges charged to the account and we would like to reclaim those as well.

So whats the next step please. I'm afraid I've confused myself by reading too mant threads

Thanks in anticipation folks
                Hi there

In regards of the SAR, did they send anything at all?
                If not they should have returned the payment paid for this request with a full written explanation.

I would write back and ask if there is anything they may have missed, if for example any of the accounts were still payable in the last 6 years, they must have held at least some details.
                Failure for them to comply you could contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
                https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Meanwhile, in regards of the PPI, you could still try making a reclaim, see what they come back with then, if they come back with trying to fob off, then that simply shows they must still hold records (which they did not comply to via the SAR).

To make a reclaim, you simply complete a reclaim questionnaire, these were issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), and will save time later on, for example if you need to complain to them later on where you can send a copy for evidence.
                It appears there are reasons there to make a complaint/reclaim.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Sent to the ones responsible for setting up and selling the accounts.
                Keep copies in case of having to refer to them again.

Post by signed for recorded delivery for your proof of posting.

In regards of the charges, I would keep them separately and write to make a reclaim on them, for example, over charges, late payment charges and so on.

Hope this helps.

Comment

lmao

Comment

Also to add, that the above info I posted goes for all the reclaims, but if there were say for example: 3 or 4 loans with the same bank/business you can make a reclaim on one reclaim questionnaire (as posted on my above post), if the reasons for being mis sold are the same, otherwise complete separately, remember to enclose all account numbers to the complaint form that apply.

Same for credit cards, if there were a few with same business, if reasons were the same, the same complaint form will do, but again other complete separately.

Keep loan ppi and credit card ppi reclaiming separately to each other though.

Make it clear that at the time of being sold the PPI, a company policy was already in place, and if the policy was discussed when it was sold, or written in simple terms on the T&C's, this would not have been taken out in the first place.

Comment

Did they sent anything? Yes they did. A response to a request pursuant to section 77 0f CCA

Their response was a fat raspberry stating they didn't need to respond as the loan had been repaid and they did return my £1.

That was sent by a very nice Mr R Johnson Senior manager regulated complaints and review no less

Comment

Wow, never had a woman respond so quickly, normally takes 15 pints and a gallon of Rohypnol. (JK)

If you wouldn't mind haven't a little peek I would be most greatfull. And thank you for being there.

With pleasure.

Comment

Did they sent anything? Yes they did. A response to a request pursuant to section 77 0f CCA

Their response was a fat raspberry stating they didn't need to respond as the loan had been repaid and they did return my £1.

That was sent by a very nice Mr R Johnson Senior manager regulated complaints and review no less

Right, ok so that was not a full Subject Access Request (SAR), just the request for the CCA?

For a full SAR, they should comply and send all data they still hold, for the payable amount of £10 cheque or postal order, they have 40 calendar days to do this.

How long ago was it these accounts were settled?

Comment

Oh btw. there is another CC with HSBC. That is in legal dispute thanks to this site and we have gone down the unenforcibility route. She also has a CC debt with Barclaycard which is also in dispute.

Just for info, two A hole boyfriends screwed her over financially hence the substantial debts. Sorry just felt the need to explain.lol

Comment

Link---------> Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

Comment

Working...
                              X