GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattyA's Masterplan....

Hi di,
    Just wondered if it would be ok to start a thread on here ,reporting on my various ongoing reclaims,of which there are a few....
    Let me know if its ok and whether or not it would be ok to detail them all on one thread.
    Matty.

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Hi Matty, and yes of course you can, it will be very helpful to others as well, so please do.

Comment

Plan B/step 2 is - as I have many (shame) credit cards (current) and a number of old closed loan accounts(in the main forgotten about but rediscovered when digging for documents to help with UE path) and mortgage endowments etc, was to go down the road of reclaiming unfair charges ,Mis-sold PPI (never needed it),mis-sold endowments etc,to reduce the balance of the accounts, build up some founds and look to F&F (step 3) accounts I have to with the surplus - hope this doesnt sound bad ,but they really have screwed me for every penny I have.

More to follow....

Comment

So far I have 3 claims ongoing for mis-sold mortgage endowments.
        1 at offer / negotiation stage - never thought I would get anywhere with this as it is from 1987 & I thought would be time barred..
        1 has been rejected by lender and is now with FOS.
        & the other is with the FCSC as the broker who sold it me (on behalf of a big name lender & endowment co) is no longer trading - strange thing is FSCS say that the broker was not registered / allowed to sell the endowment he did,as he was tied to another provider - a bit of hope for wrong doing maybe ,we will see.

1 claim for mis-sold mortgage PPI(Northern Rock) - upheld and paid out.

1 Claim with Lombard for PPI associated with Vehichle finance(1996),rejected by Lombard and then the underwriter - now with FOS.

1 claim with HSBC for 'front loaded' PPI to a personal loan - on hold due to BBA action , am considering sending this to the FOS next week.

1 claim with Natwest for PPI on a business OD - I didnt even know I had this until I got a letter saying that it had not been paid. Thought that the charges were on my account were just that.Also on hold due to BBA action.

Ohhh,and a claim in my wifes name for being talked out of NHS pension scheme and sold a personal 'savings plan, in its place(early 90's).....claim ongoing,provider is collating info from NHS - I have a letter,from them at the time of sale,advising the Mrs that NHS scheme was not suitable for her and confirming their advice for her to take out one of their plans instead.

Comment

Now the cards....of which there are many.
          Wont bore you here with the details of them all - just as things progress.

I am tackling - biggest first.

All accounts that have PPI are long standing, so I have gone after those ,along with the unfair charges to each of these accounts also ,in a view that the refunded charges would reduce the outstanding balance and that I would receive more of a surplus,once os balance is paid off, for the F&F fund.

All PPI claims have been put on 'hold' by the lenders due to the BBA action.

1 by one I have been passing them over to the FOS for them to look at my claim.

1st one to come back is my claim with Amex,which was upheld recentley.
          Amex have agreed to refund all PPI premiums,with 8% interest,but they claim that they didnt charge any interest on my ppi premiums so wont refund that.
          Not the case - they have and I have sent the FOS proof,who have in turn been back in touch with Amex.
          I await a revised offer & will update you once I get it.

Next one is with Mint on hold due to BBA ,so is now with FOS and being investigated.

Next one is with GM - on hold due to BBA - I will send this across to FOS next week.

Next 2 with MBNA - all on hold due to BBA action - need to send this off to FOS also.

Comment

Thanks for posting this up Matty and Well done too.

Yes that is wise going for the biggest of them first and make your way down.

I am tackling some older reclaims and done what you have so good one.

Comment

Thanks di

Comment

Sent complaint off to FOS re GM card today.
                Last edited by MattyA; 7 February 2011, 21:50. Reason: typo

Comment

I would send all the "BBA hold" ones off to FOS matty - reason being there is no waiver.

I wouldnt hang about too much if it was me due to the fact that they may put a hold on them at any time, and two, it could well go the way the bank charges case did.

Screw them for all you can, while you can. (suppose screw is the wrong word really given it is/was your money anyway)
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    I would send all the "BBA hold" ones off to FOS matty - reason being there is no waiver.

I wouldnt hang about too much if it was me due to the fact that they may put a hold on them at any time, and two, it could well go the way the bank charges case did.

Screw them for all you can, while you can. (suppose screw is the wrong word really given it is/was your money anyway)
                    Thanks Oscar....a have a few on with em already - will it matter if a send several more to them over the next couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                      Thanks Oscar....a have a few on with em already - will it matter if a send several more to them over the next couple of days?
                      Might they not think that I am a multiple claimer...out for what I can get...and look on me / my claims in a less favourable light?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                        Might they not think that I am a multiple claimer...out for what I can get...and look on me / my claims in a less favourable light?
                        Di is more of an expert on the Fos than I (or Gerry) - FOS are meant to be impartial, and so take each case on its own merits.

I cant see how they would be able to make such assumptions
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In my opinion, it could be that you have only recently heard about the mis selling of the PPI, so it was time to check all your loan/credit card account(s) where you realise you could make a reclaim where mis sold, so you can of course do as many reclaims as you like, but its up to you of course.

Comment

Hi,
                            Could do with a bit of advice please.
                            I have had a claim upheld by FOS for mis-sold PPI by Amex.
                            They have offered,via FOS, to refund all premiums paid + 8% interest.
                            I have pointed out that they have charged interest on these premiums at 1.2% per month and if they dont refund this ,they have profited from the mis-selling which surely cant be right.
                            Proved to FOS by sending statement showing that interest has been applied.
                            FOS put this to AMEX who have come back and refused to budge,saying that they have been more than generous with their offer.....I am at a loss and am now thinking yet more delaying tactics?
                            Or should I snatch their hand off(however they wont confirm the figure involved until I sign the acceptance form)?
                            Any ideas anyone?
                            Cheers,
                            Matty

Comment

Hi Matty

I assumed if the FOS have made this decision they would have to either accept or reject.
                              Was this at the adjudicating stage or the ombudsman?

If your not happy, then the adjudicator will possibly suggest you have your complaint reviewed by the ombudsman himself, but yes you may be waiting for some time, but you should not be waiting as long as you did before it was passed on to the adjucator.
                              Maybe you should contact the adjudicator and see what they suggest before you decide.

If the ombudsman agree with this, then they MUST go along with the ombudsman's decision more so than the adjudicator.

Good luck.
                              Last edited by di30; 10 February 2011, 19:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X