GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
    Info received yesterday from MBNA re the underwriters for the PPI....both the same which is not / cant be correct.
    One of the cards was originally an Alliance and Leicester card which they took over / bought some years after I took the card out.
    They also point out that they cant find the original and have enclosed the earliest PPI terms and conditions.
    They are advising me to contact A&L directly re any queries I have with PPI being applied to that account.
    Only took em 6 months to come up with that pearl of wisdom.....delaying tactics or what?

Matty

Matty,

What you could do is attach your letter/documents if you have the scanning facilities and send to the FOS and ask what you should do in this case, maybe they will contact them on your behalf if you ask them to.
    Or give the FOS a ring and explain what you received back, and ask if you should therefore contact A&L/

Hope its not going to be a complicated one like mine.

Comment

Amex Update 7-4-2011

Unfair charges claim

FOS have not upheld my complaint,stating that they thought Amex's offer of £700+ was a fair one.
      It is about half what it should be and my argument is exactly the same as the one with the PPI which they have upheld and is now with Ombudsman.
      They have offered all charges back for last 6 years + CI up to October 2007 & SI @8% from then on.
      Problem is they have applied interest at contract rate for the whole of the period, so surely I should get this back + SI 8% in restitution.
      FOS have simply believed Amex's version of the story and have made the decision without contacting me,which I find staggering ,particularly as this claim has been split off my (upheld) PPI claim by them,which had the same interest issues and I proved Amex to be not being honest!
      They have also completly ignored the fact that I was charged membership fee even though I was on a fixed payment plan and was not allowed to use the card,ohh & they applied interest to the charges to boot and would not let me redeem the 19000 points collected.
      I am going to ring the FOS to question them - will let you know how I get on.

Matty

Comment

Hi Matty

Thanks for your update, and good luck on the phone call.

Remember if your not happy with the decision, you can ask for your case to be reviewed by the Ombudsman, but please be aware it may take some time.

I see your point though, so hope they listen on the phone, it is known they sometimes overlook some cases, so speak your mind now while you can, good luck.

Comment

Thanks di.
          Rang FOs - they have asked that I send copies of the statements.
          Eamiled them across - will post up what they say.
          Also thought I would email CEO of Amex to ask for hime to intervene - will let you know if I get a reply
          Matty

Comment

Thanks di.
            Rang FOs - they have asked that I send copies of the statements.
            Eamiled them across - will post up what they say.
            Also thought I would email CEO of Amex to ask for hime to intervene - will let you know if I get a reply
            Matty

Hiya

That's good Matt.
            Maybe they did overlook this and hopefully resolve this in your favour with a bit of luck.
            Will keep a check on your posts, the best of luck.

Comment

Email back from Amex today,thanking for me email and that it had been passed onto executive customer relations and that they will respond by the end of the week.
              WTF.
              It is this lot I am complaining about & is why I emailed their CEO!
              Will let you know what they say - but I am sure already that it will be blah blah ,same old same old.
              Matty

Comment

Good luck Matty - keep at them.

Comment

Morning di.

I have spoken to FOS re my A&L / MBNA account PPI reclaim.
                  It was originally opened with A&L in 1995 who were regulated at that time , so they have suggested that I now write to them and see what response I get.
                  Do you have an address for such claims or do I just write to Santander's head office?
                  Many thanks.
                  Matty

Comment

Santander Cards Limited. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN, United Kingdom ?

Comment

Hi Matty

That address looks correct, and the same as the ones found on Santander website link here too.
                      http://www.santandercards.com/csgs/S...age_TemplateA2

So if the FOS suggested to pursue these, write to them and see what they have to say, good luck hun. x

Comment

Thanks di - will let you know what they say.

Comment

Letter received form FOS adjudicator upholding my claim for a mis-sokd mortgage enowment by L&G back in 1996.
                          However....despite them upholding my claim and them writing to L&G twice teling them to compensate me,L&G wont have it so it is being sent on to an Ombudsman which could (will) take a while.
                          Matty.

Comment

Letter received form FOS adjudicator upholding my claim for a mis-sokd mortgage enowment by L&G back in 1996.
                            However....despite them upholding my claim and them writing to L&G twice teling them to compensate me,L&G wont have it so it is being sent on to an Ombudsman which could (will) take a while.
                            Matty.

Hi Matty

Good news that the Adjudicator upheld in your favour, even though L&G do not agree, when this is passed on to the Ombudsman, they will review, and 99% of the time agree with the Adjudicator's decision.
                            Was it mentioned about further redress for Distress & Inconvenience, if not then mention this to the Adjudicator as well.

Hope they move on with this one soon Matty, fingers crossed x

Comment

Thanks for that di - I will give it a go

Comment

Progress??
                                Letter received from HSBC today in response to my complaint re PPI on an old loan account & on my credit card account.
                                Loan was going back to 1992 - they say even though I have sent them a copy of the original loan agreement they are unable to determine when the loan was satisfied and therefore are unable to calculate the premiums pais and redress due.

Derrr - it was for 60 months as per agreement I sent to them!
                                They say I need to prove with bank statements when the loan ended.
                                Fortunatley I have kept most of the staements so will be digging through them later.
                                Surely it is unreasonable for them to expect me to produce copies of bank statements proving when the last payment went out?
                                Also the PPI was fron t loaded - so would it even matter?

Credit card
                                They have offered to repay all premiums paid between 2005 to 2010 - as this is the period for which they must keep records.
                                They also offer to pay interest - which appears to be simple interest,slippery so n so's have neglected to include the interest added to the ppi premiums applied to my account each month.
                                The amount offered is half what it should be for the period and a sixth of what I calculate it should be,including CI added to the premiums ,for the period 1990 -2010 ( I have most of the statements to back up).

I have been here before with Amex who refused to refund the interest they applied to the PPI premiums and that is now with Ombudsman.

Will give HSBC a bell on Monday & see what they have to say.

Matty

Comment

Working...
                                X