GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    They are passing the buck!!!!!

Just like mine!

They all stick together, and why on earth in your case are they bringing Hamilton into this?
    They were not the brokers who sold the loan/ppi?

They make me so mad!

As you say Di - they are trying to wriggle out of it.

Comment

Revised offer today from HSBC - much more like it.
      Now includes CI and 8% SI where appropriate and has in their words 'made a substantial difference to their offer'.

I will check the calculations over the weekend but they seem there or there abouts.

Matty

Comment

Gonna say how much mate?

Yea I have an idea from our chats but for other people's benefits....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Gonna say how much mate?

Yea I have an idea from our chats but for other people's benefits....
          didnt want to brag....+ need to check the figures,but to give others encouragement in pursuing PPI reclaims and NOT accepting 1st offer or even 2nd offer if you dont think it is correct...

offer 1 @ £5K - was for last 6 years only as thse were only records they had on file....yeah right.

Offer 2 @ £10K - based on the 20 years statements I sent in to them - but they did not include contractual rate interest just 8% simple interest.

Offer 3 nearly £25K .......now includes contractual rate + 8% on postive balance.

I worked it out to £29K but the 8% is wrong coz I put it across the board from day one.

Without any 8% - just Premiums and Contractual rate interest I worked it out to be @£20K - I reckon they are pretty much bob on -but will do a spread sheet to check the figures this weekend.

Note: I owe them £10K on a CC + have other group debt with 'em so they might clear that and send whats left - which wouldnt be much.
          Their letter doesnt say that they just want details of a bank account to pay it into......we will see.

FIGHT ON PEOPLE !!

Matty
          Last edited by MattyA; 8 August 2011, 16:07. Reason: Added note

Comment

Absolutely fab Matty, Congratulations and well deserved.

This will also encourage others for reclaiming in regards of being mis sold the PPI, thank you for posting up Matty. x

Comment

Cheers matey - interesting for others, and this isn't your first either so it does show good encouragement for all users here......
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                I am attempting to AC.
                There is reluctance from some of the lenders though.
                With Amex I have had to go to FOS with this argument and it now awaits Ombudsman.
                HSBC Im in discussions with,but to date they have offered £150 on a £14K claim going back to 1990.....obviously no where near.
                Mbna - had 2 offers this week - both including some accrued interest but not the full amount I believe,so I will ask for a breakdown of how they have worked out the interest.

Thanks for dropping by.

Matty

Update re my Amex claim

Letter received from FOS Ombudsman now appointed but advising it could take many months to resolve.

Hey ho - Have been waiting since Feb for an ombudsman to be appoinited.

What bugs me is that the claim for mis- selling was / is upheld its just down to the amount of the refund that is disputed.

Have just heard the news that MBNA are packing in credit cards in the UK - Amex (cheating feckers) next ???? - one can live in hope.

Comment

Cheers NID & Di.

They also claim that as the application was made' in her own time' she had sufficient oppurtunity to consider whether or not shee needed the PPI.

I have written back enclosing a copy of the original in store application form , pointing out that the application was made in store (as it clearly states on the form) and that it is also quite clear that the form was part filled in by the sales assistant,who should have known (if properly trained) that due to my wifes employment details that she did not need PPI.
                  I also pointed out that it was an high pressure sale at the till - sign up today and you will get 10% off etc.

Will see what they come back with.

Matty
                  They are having none of it - just restated their position in that they are not upholding the claim.
                  So will have to take this to the FOS - which could take a while as my GM claim still has not been appointed an adjudicator and it has been with 'em since Feb.

I think she has a good chance ,as it was an advised sale,the application was made in store and it says so on the application form, my wifes occupation ,length of service and employer (NHS) are clearly stated on the form which has also clearly been filled in by someone other than the Mrs.

I have had weaker cases upheld - so fingers crossed.

Matty

Comment

They are having none of it - just restated their position in that they are not upholding the claim.
                    So will have to take this to the FOS - which could take a while as my GM claim still has not been appointed an adjudicator and it has been with 'em since Feb.

I think she has a good chance ,as it was an advised sale,the application was made in store and it says so on the application form, my wifes occupation ,length of service and employer (NHS) are clearly stated on the form which has also clearly been filled in by someone other than the Mrs.

I have had weaker cases upheld - so fingers crossed.

Matty

Thanks for your update Matty and I'm sure the FOS will get this sorted for you, fingers crossed x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Thanks for your update Matty and I'm sure the FOS will get this sorted for you, fingers crossed x
                      The FOS doe not always get things right...
                      God helps those who help themselves;
                      do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        do your homework.
                        And even i should know that one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          do your homework.

Thanks AC.
                          Not sure what you mean though -re do your homework?
                          I know the FOS can be hit n miss(I have had some success with them so far though) and that it will be a long process but this outweighs the costs and risks of the court route for now.

Comment

Update:

Couple of letters from FOS on 2 seperate claims - 'keeping me informed as to progress, but unable to tell me when it will get looked at ' etc.

Also one from FOS about a claim originally against Lombard,who turned out to be not regulated at the time and so FOS are no looking into insurer (Pinnacle).
                            They say it is very complex due to legal issues & will affect a 'large number of similar claims' therefore it is important that they investigate the claim thoroughly.
                            Me thinks that this will run and run as Di's is with Hamilton.

Good news though - 2 claims upheld this week by lenders,Barclaycard (Large) NWB (Small) just awaiting confirmation of figures.

Happy hunting everyone.

Matty
                            Last edited by MattyA; 5 September 2011, 05:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Well done on your success so far Matty.

And the best of luck on the other, hopefully yours will not be as complicated as mine, fingers crossed x

Comment

Hi guys n gals,
                                Just to let you know,our Di will not be online for a while
                                Workmen have cut through the phone line
                                she has no phone or internet
                                She will be climbing the walls if it is not turned on pronto

Comment

Working...
                                X