GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

MattyA,

Greetings, the 8% stat interest should be applied to each payment from payment date to date of return and not applied to the total redress figure.

As for MBNA yes that is a good start as MBNA do play hard ball, I would be inclined to keep everything in writing to them and write back stating that they have got the limitation wrong i.e the 6 yr rule. as there is no time limit as to how far back claims can go and as you have statements and proof of paying PPI for far longer than they have redressed it is unfair that you should lose out.

MBNA will have a complete screen record of your account and that is another reason why it is unfair however I would prove to them that you know there offer is wrong by sending then copies of statements you have.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      MattyA,

Greetings, the 8% stat interest should be applied to each payment from payment date to date of return and not applied to the total redress figure.

As for MBNA yes that is a good start as MBNA do play hard ball, I would be inclined to keep everything in writing to them and write back stating that they have got the limitation wrong i.e the 6 yr rule. as there is no time limit as to how far back claims can go and as you have statements and proof of paying PPI for far longer than they have redressed it is unfair that you should lose out.

MBNA will have a complete screen record of your account and that is another reason why it is unfair however I would prove to them that you know there offer is wrong by sending then copies of statements you have.

Regards
      Cheers Pompey - Thanks for the input.
      I will let you know how I get on.
      I am waiting to hear on another one with MBNA - originally A&L account so MBNA have knocked back and told me to contact original provider - the anoying this is they waited 6 months to tell me that.

Anyway - A&L are now owned by santander who have up held my claim but are awaiting info from....you guessed it MBNA....before they can calculate the redress.
      (This one is bigger than the MBNA claim)

Matty

Comment

MattyA,

It does all take time and you do have to be one step ahead of them, however progress is being made on your claims and that can only be a good thing.

Hell my co-op claim took 2.5 yrs but I was not going to give in and stuck it out until the right redress was forthcoming.

Good Luck

Regards

Comment

Cheers Pompey.

I have read your battle on the other side....I too am going to keep on fighting no matter how long it takes.

Cheers.

Comment

I too am going to keep on fighting no matter how long it takes.
            Thats the spirit to have.

Regards

Comment

Well done Matty.

And I agree with our PF here "that's the spirit" you will get there.

Isn't it just great to see Pompey here?

Comment

I hope that Matty is be claiming back the accrued interest on the PPI premiums, as well as the 8%?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                  I hope that Matty is be claiming back the accrued interest on the PPI premiums, as well as the 8%?
                  I am attempting to AC.
                  There is reluctance from some of the lenders though.
                  With Amex I have had to go to FOS with this argument and it now awaits Ombudsman.
                  HSBC Im in discussions with,but to date they have offered £150 on a £14K claim going back to 1990.....obviously no where near.
                  Mbna - had 2 offers this week - both including some accrued interest but not the full amount I believe,so I will ask for a breakdown of how they have worked out the interest.

Thanks for dropping by.

Matty

Comment

Update on my claims.

Not a bad few days to be honest.

HSBC - revised offer received.
                    However as stated above this includes a paltry amount of accrued interest so further discussions req.

MBNA - two offers received both include accrued interest but little in the way of 8% .
                    One of them includes just £400 on £13K - further discussions als req.

Will have to ask them for a copy of their calculations.

Whilst the offers are substantial - they fall somewhat short of what I have calculated them to be.
                    As these feckers have given me such a hard time I want every penny that is due to me / claimable - hope this is not considered gready.

To me it is payback.

Matty
                    Last edited by MattyA; 3 July 2011, 07:36. Reason: added a bit

Comment

Both MBNA offers say that a cheque will be with me within the next 28days.

It does not say that it is full and final anywhere in the letter.

It does say that it is their final response and that I have 6 months to take it to the FOS if I am not happy.

I am thinking of getting the money in(before challenging them),as partial settlement,and then pursuing them for the remainder.

Question is - If I cash the cheques will this be deemed as agreeing to a 'full & final ' settlement?

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Hi Matty

I think once the cheque's cashed in, then that's final, but that is what I am aware of, PF may be along soon and may know for sure, but if your unsure on this, contact the FOS general query line and query this with them to be sure on this.
                        Good luck and again well done!

Comment

TDS,

In my claim I had three offers in total and I refused all three, this is not written in stone but like Di says I did not want the babk saying well you cashed the chq so that is final.

In my case I had those three offers in writing so it would be hard for them to withdraw the offers completely.

In the end I sent a final letter to the bank requesting that they stop messing around as I knew what the right offer was and if that was not forthcoming a court claim would be issued.

They backed down knowing the evidence I had and agreed to settle in full.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            I thought we could only get the 8% interest? Or is that just on Financial Omudsman adjudicated disputes?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                              Both MBNA offers say that a cheque will be with me within the next 28days.

It does not say that it is full and final anywhere in the letter.

It does say that it is their final response and that I have 6 months to take it to the FOS if I am not happy.

I am thinking of getting the money in(before challenging them),as partial settlement,and then pursuing them for the remainder.

Question is - If I cash the cheques will this be deemed as agreeing to a 'full & final ' settlement?

Thoughts anyone?
                              Matty,
                              why would you cash the cheque if you disagree the settlement figure?

It is not unusual for parties to negotiate.

Comment

why would you cash the cheque if you disagree the settlement figure?

It is not unusual for parties to negotiate.
                                Indeed, that is what I did in the end negotiated them into the corner of there office with there back up against the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X