GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Hi Matty, I've got an MBNA miss-sell on hold too, but it's only a couple of hundred so just waiting patiently
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Good luck .....lets hope we all hear something positive soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
        Interestingly (excuse the pun) I note that even when interest is applied at the rate detailed on the statement to outstanding balance and all charges etc it is still less(by a couple of quid) than what they are actually charging - so not only have they applied interest to the ppi,despite their statement that they dont EVER do this ,they have also been miscalculating / overcharging for years!!!
        Pointed this out to the adjudicator of course :-)

! CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS PROPERLY EVERYONE !

Matty
        Update on the Amex claim:
        FOS adjudicator rang me today to tell me that he has spoken to AMEX and that they are refusing to refund the interest that they added to the ppi premiums.
        He has spoken to his team who have agreed that this would not represent redress in line with the FOS guidelines and that it should therefore now go to the Ombudsman.
        Downside to this is timescale - it could take a while.......which is probably an understatement.

Comment

Thanks for the update Matty and whatever the ombudsman says goes, so they will have to comply - and remember they will be paying out even more interest to you now, its their own fault lol, good luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Thanks for the update Matty and whatever the ombudsman says goes, so they will have to comply - and remember they will be paying out even more interest to you now, its their own fault lol, good luck though.
            Thanks di -Im just worried the ombudsman may take a different view from that of the adjudicator and throw my claim out.
            I have been wondering if I should try and get a figure out of Amex so that I know what I am turning down....
            Last edited by MattyA; 24 February 2011, 21:27.

Comment

Thanks di -Im just worried the ombudsman may take a different view from that of the adjudicator and throw my claim out.
              I have been wondering if I should try and get a figure out of Amex so that I know what I am turning down....

Matty to what I'm aware of, the ombudsman 9 times out of 10 agree with the adjudicators decision, and I think you will be ok.

You could try to get a figure posted out to you, to know what is what.
              Go for it, no harm done.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Matty, what I done was put a letter together and ask the lender to send details through the post of the policy information/insurance etc.

Then from there the FOS told me to write to the insurers/underwriter as done with the broker (in my case my broker dissolved) and if the underwriter do not accept any liability, the FOS will take it on and investigate.
                No doubt you are already aware of these procedures, but you can of course ask the FOS to write to them on your behalf if you want to, just as long as you forward them the details of the underwriter/insurer once known.

Keep at them.

Hi di hope all is well with you and your quests.

Just a quick update re my MBNA ppi reclaims.
                I wrote to them on 16/02/2011 asking for details of the underwriters for the PPI at the time I opened the accounts.
                I have not received anything back as yet and now wonder if this is a clever tactic on their part knowing full well that if they dont provide the information to me , I have nowhere to go with these claims?

I have however,whilst searching for something else,turned up the original insurance booklets for each account.....not sure if I should give MBNA a chase or simply crack on and have a 'go' at the insurers (Consolidated Marine & General Insurance Co Ltd / A&L Visa Card and ITT London & Edinburgh for MBNA Visa Card)

Regards

Matty.

Comment

Update on my Mortgage endowment mis sell claims:

1st one with Standard life - sold to me by IFA who is no longer trading has been rejected by the FSCS as it was from June 1987 and not regulated at that time.

2nd one - mis sell upheld by Standard Life ,but we could not agree on a compensation figure.
                  Their offer I considered derogatory and have therefore passed on to the FOS for their veiw on the matter.

3rd one with Legal and General,which included critical illness cover that I never realised I had been sold / included,has been rejected outright by Legal & General.
                  I have therefore passed this over to the FOS for their view.
                  The FOS rang me to confirm receipt of my claim and that they were awaiting information from Legal and General.
                  However, they went on to say that after an initial view it didnt seem as though it had been mis -sold,as I had had 2 previous endowment policies.
                  They also pointed out that they were aware of my claim with Standard life and that it had been upheld?
                  I explained the reasons why the Standard Life claim had been upheld and also pointed out that at the time of taking out the L&G policy we had sold our house some time ago and did not have a mortgage attached to the Standard Life policies.
                  We were looking for a new mortgage to buy a property and sought advice as to the best way forward for us.
                  This seemed to make a difference to their view - time will tell.
                  They did say that both claims would be looked at by the same person and that they thought that they would be able to make a decision quite quickly.....not sure if that is good or bad.

Matty

Comment

Good luck with these Matty. I never did pursue endowment mis-selling. With hindsight perhaps I should have... would have come in handy at the moment!
                    Hope you get a result.
                    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi Matty

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Did you post your letter by recorded signed for delivery, and make sure they recieved it by checking it out on Track and Trace via Royal Mail website?

If so and it was received, take a photocopy and send a chase up letter, tell them you know your letter was received because you have proof as enclosed, tell them your entitled to your documents in regards of your insurance and if you don't receive them you will be contacting the Information Commissioners Office to report this and to ask for advice.

Otherwise, contact the FOS who may write to them on your behalf, explain your situation here that your letter have been ignored and your still waiting, if they don't offer then ask them if they able to write to them for you anyway, good luck.

Comment

Thanks di.
                        I sent RD & it has been dleivered according to the Post Office, so I will chase up.
                        Matty.

Comment

I have received 3 seperate letters today from the FOS re 3 no claims I have ongoing with them.
                          They all say the same thing - basically advising of delays due to the BBA action and advising of delays / that it may take more than a year to reslove some cases!!
                          Me thinks that this is not a good sign........Damn

Comment

Has anybody else received similar letters from the FOS recentley?

Comment

Hi Matty

I believe there have been posts maybe over at MSE and/or Legal beagles, that some have received the same letters as you.

Comment

Thanks di.
                                I sent RD & it has been dleivered according to the Post Office, so I will chase up.
                                Matty.

Info received yesterday from MBNA re the underwriters for the PPI....both the same which is not / cant be correct.
                                One of the cards was originally an Alliance and Leicester card which they took over / bought some years after I took the card out.
                                They also point out that they cant find the original and have enclosed the earliest PPI terms and conditions.
                                They are advising me to contact A&L directly re any queries I have with PPI being applied to that account.
                                Only took em 6 months to come up with that pearl of wisdom.....delaying tactics or what?

Matty

Comment

Working...
                                X