GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

You need clarity before signing anything. How much are we talking about? Is there a debt on the account? Speak to the fos, see what they suggest. You should have a caseworker to ring/email...

But you can claim all premiums plus statutory interest of 8%. You're also trying to reclaim simple interest by the sounds of it, good luck!! So in essence you're saying you paid 16% per annum apr on the ppi which means you want 16% back, fair request.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You need clarity before signing anything. How much are we talking about? Is there a debt on the account? Speak to the fos, see what they suggest. You should have a caseworker to ring/email...

But you can claim all premiums plus statutory interest of 8%. You're also trying to reclaim simple interest by the sounds of it, good luck!! So in essence you're saying you paid 16% per annum apr on the ppi which means you want 16% back, fair request.
      Thanks di & Niddy.
      I am in telephone communication with the adjudicator - spoke to him several times today,he is going to ring me back tomorrow.
      There is a debt of circa £2K on the account(I know that they will deduct this off any settlement).
      refund of premiums + 8% is circa £7.5K
      refund of premiums + 14.4% is circa £11K
      As you know I have some BIG debts to deal with so every little helps.....

Regards,
      Matty
      Last edited by MattyA; 10 February 2011, 21:22.

Comment

Ok argue your point BUT first mention that due to the evident deciept you'd prefer them to play ball or you'll take civil action and obtain the services of a risk/loss adjudicator to validate the fact they have made a profit out of you.

Ideally go for balance write off PLUS full refund at higher apr. No harm in asking mate.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok argue your point BUT first mention that due to the evident deciept you'd prefer them to play ball or you'll take civil action and obtain the services of a risk/loss adjudicator to validate the fact they have made a profit out of you.

Ideally go for balance write off PLUS full refund at higher apr. No harm in asking mate.
          Cheers - I will stick to my guns then....was worried about cutting my nose off ....etc
          Will let you know how I get on.
          Matty

Comment

spoke to the adjudicator again today,he wants me to send them more copies of statements showing that I paid interest on balance /ppi/ charges and that it wasnt paid off in full IE balance carried forward and attracted more interest the following month.
            Not a problem me says - will scan a few and email them across.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
              spoke to the adjudicator again today,he wants me to send them more copies of statements showing that I paid interest on balance /ppi/ charges and that it wasnt paid off in full IE balance carried forward and attracted more interest the following month.
              Jobs a good un mate. Nicely done, see - stand firm, let them check it then you get confirmation of amount plus guarantee it's paid by cheque to you....

Comment

Jobs a good un mate. Nicely done, see - stand firm, let them check it then you get confirmation of amount plus guarantee it's paid by cheque to you....

Cheers - will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Sent claims with GM,Barclaycard and HSBC loan off to FOS this week to have a look at - all for PPI and all have been with lenders since September.
                  That leaves one with Natwest and 2 with MBNA to send to them which I will do next week.
                  I have a number of claims already with them and the above will bring the total up to 10.
                  I have a number of others ongoing but not with FOS as yet inc another claim with HSBC for ppi on a credit card,mis-selling of a pension to the Mrs,mis-selling of 3 no endowments and ppi on the Mrs's credit card.

Then I start on the charges.........already chasing,Amex,BC,GM,Mint,MBNA 3 accounts -with 10 other accounts to tackle.
                  I am considering the court route with these as some of the cards are very long standing and I understand from reading other forums that the courts will consider older charges.
                  Has any one been down this route?
                  Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                    Interestingly (excuse the pun) I note that even when interest is applied at the rate detailed on the statement to outstanding balance and all charges etc it is still less(by a couple of quid) than what they are actually charging - so not only have they applied interest to the ppi,despite their statement that they dont EVER do this ,they have also been miscalculating / overcharging for years!!!
                    Pointed this out to the adjudicator of course :-)

! CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS PROPERLY EVERYONE !

Matty
                    Last edited by MattyA; 13 February 2011, 14:06. Reason: typo(s)

Comment

Has anyone had any joy with MBNA with regards to PPI mis-selling?
                      They have put 2 claims on hold from mid / late 90's awaiting outcome of the BBA action.
                      I have been in touch with FOS who so they cant touch it as they weren't regulated at that time and that maybe I should look at referring to insurers??
                      (I was originally told this about AMEX by fos - but they changed their mind and dealt with it!)
                      Can this be right - they were / are a bank ffs?

Comment

Hi Matty
                        Not had any dealings with these, but both of my 2 via Lloyds are still on hold, as these are older reclaims.
                        I think the news is that a decision may be made by the end of March though if not before, so lets hope so with a good result. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks di - guess all I can do for now is sit tight with these and wait.
                          I will however ,as suggested by FOS,ask MBNA for details of the underwritters just in case I end up pursuing them.
                          Matty

Comment

Matty, what I done was put a letter together and ask the lender to send details through the post of the policy information/insurance etc.

Then from there the FOS told me to write to the insurers/underwriter as done with the broker (in my case my broker dissolved) and if the underwriter do not accept any liability, the FOS will take it on and investigate.
                            No doubt you are already aware of these procedures, but you can of course ask the FOS to write to them on your behalf if you want to, just as long as you forward them the details of the underwriter/insurer once known.

Keep at them.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Matty, what I done was put a letter together and ask the lender to send details through the post of the policy information/insurance etc.

Then from there the FOS told me to write to the insurers/underwriter as done with the broker (in my case my broker dissolved) and if the underwriter do not accept any liability, the FOS will take it on and investigate.
                              No doubt you are already aware of these procedures, but you can of course ask the FOS to write to them on your behalf if you want to, just as long as you forward them the details of the underwriter/insurer once known.

Keep at them.
                              Thanks di - will do.
                              It is the same path I have had to go down with a claim against lombard.....I am just suprised that MBNA wernt regulated...(2 of my biggest claims as well )
                              Have written asking for the insurers details.
                              Matty.

Comment

Latest PPI claim to be put on hold is for Natwest ppi on business overdraft.....its not for a lot of money , I think I might just let this one ride a while awaiting the outcome of the BBA action.

Comment

Working...
                                X