GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
    Progress??
    Letter received from HSBC today in response to my complaint re PPI on an old loan account & on my credit card account.
    Loan was going back to 1992 - they say even though I have sent them a copy of the original loan agreement they are unable to determine when the loan was satisfied and therefore are unable to calculate the premiums pais and redress due.

Derrr - it was for 60 months as per agreement I sent to them!
    They say I need to prove with bank statements when the loan ended.
    Fortunatley I have kept most of the staements so will be digging through them later.
    Surely it is unreasonable for them to expect me to produce copies of bank statements proving when the last payment went out?
    Also the PPI was fron t loaded - so would it even matter?

Credit card
    They have offered to repay all premiums paid between 2005 to 2010 - as this is the period for which they must keep records.
    They also offer to pay interest - which appears to be simple interest,slippery so n so's have neglected to include the interest added to the ppi premiums applied to my account each month.
    The amount offered is half what it should be for the period and a sixth of what I calculate it should be,including CI added to the premiums ,for the period 1990 -2010 ( I have most of the statements to back up).

I have been here before with Amex who refused to refund the interest they applied to the PPI premiums and that is now with Ombudsman.

Will give HSBC a bell on Monday & see what they have to say.

Matty
    Hi Matty

thank you for your updates.

Do you want to CEO details for HSBC? just in case....
    James.z.ball@Hsbc.com
    You could try raising your concerns with him as well.

I assumed in regards of interest and since the JR issues, they have to calculate and follow the appropriate rules of compensating, have you tried ringing the FSA on this one, maybe see what they say?

Hope all sorted soon, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi Matty

thank you for your updates.

Do you want to CEO details for HSBC? just in case....
      James.z.ball@Hsbc.com
      You could try raising your concerns with him as well.

I assumed in regards of interest and since the JR issues, they have to calculate and follow the appropriate rules of compensating, have you tried ringing the FSA on this one, maybe see what they say?

Hope all sorted soon, good luck.

Thanks di.
      Will give 'em a try.
      Matty

Comment

I found he was quick getting back to me in regards of my general query, so hope its the same for you too, fingers crossed.

Comment

I have sent them by SD yesterday:

Copies of bank statement proving that payments were taken out in relation to loan between its inception in 1992 and it finishing in 1997.
          &
          Copies of all the credit card statements I have btween January 1990 & Feb 2005....showing PPI charges and associated interest.
          I dont think they believed me when I said I had the statements on the phone.....will have to see what they do now.

Will let you know.

Matty

Comment

Quick update:

Further to a flurry of follow up emails to CEO at the weekend, I have had the folowiing responses:

1: From MBNA apologising for their VP Gail Powell not responding within the timescale promised & confirming that I will get a decision within a week.

2: From Santander ,again in response to an email to CEO,asking me to ring them to discuss my claim.
            The same chap has also rang me on my mobile and left a message asking me to ring him - Where he got my mobile number from god only knows....
            Will give him a call back today.

3: No response from Bob Diamond - but maybe yesterdays news will mean this one is going to get sorted.
            I had a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that I will a decision by the end of June.

4: No reply from Amex ....Didnt expect one TBH as they have not reponded to my previous emails either.

Matty.

Comment

Thanks for your updates Matty.

Hope they deal with these matters soon, but your doing good so far, keep strong.x

Comment

Quick update:

Further to a flurry of follow up emails to CEO at the weekend, I have had the folowiing responses:

1: From MBNA apologising for their VP Gail Powell not responding within the timescale promised & confirming that I will get a decision within a week.

2: From Santander ,again in response to an email to CEO,asking me to ring them to discuss my claim.
                The same chap has also rang me on my mobile and left a message asking me to ring him - Where he got my mobile number from god only knows....
                Will give him a call back today.

3: No response from Bob Diamond - but maybe yesterdays news will mean this one is going to get sorted.
                I had a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that I will a decision by the end of June.

4: No reply from Amex ....Didnt expect one TBH as they have not reponded to my previous emails either.

Matty.

Email received from MBNA today saying that my claim has been upheld and that they will now calculate the redress in line with FSA / FOS guidelines.

Also Santander have been in touch (rang me) twice this week telling me that they are looking into my claim and are awaiting info from MBNA to calculate what redress is due ......dare I think what I am thinking,,,,,

Fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted.

Matty.

Comment

I have sent them by SD yesterday:

Copies of bank statement proving that payments were taken out in relation to loan between its inception in 1992 and it finishing in 1997.
                  &
                  Copies of all the credit card statements I have btween January 1990 & Feb 2005....showing PPI charges and associated interest.
                  I dont think they believed me when I said I had the statements on the phone.....will have to see what they do now.

Will let you know.

Matty
                  Rang them to give a chase up this affy - at first response was dismissive quoting 'hold ups due to JR' etc etc,which must be the standard response.
                  However when I mentioned CEO was involved and mentioned the senior managers name who had contacted me, the change of attitude was somewhat different and they couldnt have been more helpful.

Anyway ,long story short,they have had all my statements,redress was re-calculated on 17th of June and revised offer is on its way to me.

Fingers crossed....

Matty.

Comment

Heres food for thought.....

If a claim on a live account (credit card) was started say last September, then is up held some months down the line and the redress is calculated to be more than the balance outstanding at the outset of the claim,should any interest paid on the balance since September to date be refunded?

I am thinking it should be as in theory if they had dealt with the claim swiftly there would have been no balance to charge interest on?

Does this make sense?

Matty

Comment

Heres food for thought.....

If a claim on a live account (credit card) was started say last September, then is up held some months down the line and the redress is calculated to be more than the balance outstanding at the outset of the claim,should any interest paid on the balance since September to date be refunded?

I am thinking it should be as in theory if they had dealt with the claim swiftly there would have been no balance to charge interest on?

Does this make sense?

Matty

Hi Matty

In my opinion I would have thought so, yet i understand it differs from credit card to loan, hopefully someone will clarify on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Hi Matty

In my opinion I would have thought so, yet i understand it differs from credit card to loan, hopefully someone will clarify on this one.

Thanks Di

Comment

Letter received from HFC re my GM card enclosing claim form / questioaire to fill in.
                          More delaying tactics me thinks.
                          I will fill in and return but will no doubt then receive another letter from them telling me that they now have 16 weeks to look into this.

Matty.

Comment

Letter received from HFC re my GM card enclosing claim form / questioaire to fill in.
                            More delaying tactics me thinks.
                            I will fill in and return but will no doubt then receive another letter from them telling me that they now have 16 weeks to look into this.

Matty.

Matty

I am currently dealing with HFC Bank, well the Adjudicator is, but if you get any problems - I understand the CEO is that the same as HSBC, well they still got back to me using this email address, so will add this below for you anyway, good luck, let me know if you use that email and any problems, cheers.
                            ChiefExecutivehsbcbank@hsbc.com

Let them know its in regards of HFC.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Thanks Di - I have read your HFC battle and am now thinking I have some of that to come yet.

I am trying to steer clear of the HSBC Ceo for the moment as he got involved in the 2 HSBC claims I had on (was getting similar treatment / tactics from his minions) and they were upheld and brought very quickly to an offer stage.

The problem with the GM card is I have gone down the UE path with this one and have not paid it for just about a year and wouldnt want them to hold up monies due to me on the HSBC claims due to the problems with this account.
                              Silly really I guess as this claim also is for much more than the outstanding balance.

But they are messing me about for sure.

Matty
                              Last edited by MattyA; 30 June 2011, 05:58.

Comment

Update - Is the tide starting to turn....?

2 letters received :

1: From HSBC with a schedule detailing how they they have arrived at the figure offered to date.
                                Still appears short as the interest they have now added is £100 odd .....no idea of where / how they have worked this out ....I reckon its £1000's.
                                But it is progress.

2:From MBNA - offer including return of all premiums + INTEREST + 8%.
                                Really chuffed with this one...its a great starting point,however,I believe it is only for the last 6 years.
                                I have statements going back to late 90's and calculate they owe me double what they have offered to date.
                                Will be giving 'em a ring to discuss.

Matty

Comment

Working...
                                X