GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Right....on with the update.

Very very strange all this - seems like more of the same from the cheating barstewards HSBC group as experienced previously by me.

As stated above their letter was dated 7-7-2011 and the comments state that their decision is based on the information available to them at that time.

What is very strange, if not orchestrated to say the very least, is that in response to an earlier letter from them asking that I fill in a questionaire in relation to my claim and send it back to them by 15-7-2011 - which I did.
    The information on the questionare is quite damning and I am sure not what they would have wanted to see.
    This was sent on the 8th by recorded delivery.

If they had asked for information to be forwarded by the 15th or they would make their decision on the information available from their records - why would they then conclude their investigations over a week before the deadline set by them???

I think it is more than likely that ,as i am using this claim as a counter to their claim against me and is because my solicitor has written to them in the last week advising them of this, they are trying to cover their tracks / blow my defence and counter claim out of the water - call me a cynic if you must.

Ohh - I almost forgot to say that I have also spoken to during the course of last week and was told that the investigation was still being processed and that they couldnt give me a timescale as to when I could expect an answer....lol......why not ,their letter of the 7th should have been on the system for all to see.

Time to pursue the SAR that has been with them since jan of this year me thinks ,which they wont process due to lack of siggy etc - just as HSBC did.
    Might do this via HSBC's MD agian with a copy letter to the ICO - it worked a treat last time.
    Me thinks SAR should include all data held on me up to date - inc recordings of telephone conversations.

any comments peeps?

I may have to keep my powder dry for a day or two as my solicitor is on holiday until Monday.

Matty

Comment

Sorry to hear this Matty.

I agree as well to take it to the FOS, and take it this is the final decision?

HFC!!! my Hamilton case are linked to them and have not had a good time with these at all.

Defo request a SAR.

Matty if this wasn't the final decision though I would write back and enclose any further info you may have.

Comment

Cheers di.

It was their final decision and they do metion Hamilton in their letter.
        I cringed when I read that after reading your struggle with em.

re the further info - they have had it but are now pretending they havnt with back dated letters etc in an effort to cover their tracks.

Matty
        Last edited by MattyA; 3 August 2011, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I would refer this on mate, it's obviously bollocks (pardon the pun)...

FOS it
          Cheers Boss.

it has been with the FOS since Feb of this year after HFC failed to respond in the allowed time.

However it is still awaiting allocation of an adjudicator - I will ring em tomorrow.

Matty

Comment

see this mate - my update tonight (last two posts) - more ammunition to prove HSBC are dodgy as they come! ---> Niddy vs HSBC
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Blimey you have been through the mill with this lot.

As you say this lot really are a bad bunch..

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                Cheers di.

It was their final decision and they do metion Hamilton in their letter.
                I cringed when I read that after reading your struggle with em.

re the further info - they have had it but are now pretending they havnt with back dated letters etc in an effort to cover their tracks.

Matty
                Hi Matty

May I ask exactly what they said about Hamilton please? Cheers.
                I assume these were the Underwriters/insurers of yours too then?
                The Rogues, the lot of them are, they are all linked, HFC, HSBC and so on.
                Last edited by di30; 3 August 2011, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Hi Matty

May I ask exactly what they said about Hamilton please? Cheers.
                  I assume these were the Underwriters/insurers of yours too then?
                  The Rogues, the lot of them are, they are all linked, HFC, HSBC and so on.
                  'all insurnace policies sold by HFC Bank are optional and not a condition of any credit agreement and you could have cancelled the insurance at any time by writing to Hamilton Insurance,as described in the PPI policy leaflet.'
                  'The policy was applied on 12th of April 1995.Since being introduced on 14th January 2005;HFC Bank has complied with the requirements of the Insurance Code of Business(ICOB)rules.We are also regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for the sale of general insurance.'
                  'Prior to the introduction of ICOB,all general insurance policies sold by HFC Bank were sold in accordance with disclosure requirements of the ABI code of practice,which we complied with at the time.'

Matty.

Comment

Load of old tripe!! HFC are like welcome; kinda forced your hand to take ppi. Plus that is of course assuming you ever received a ppi booklet; hardly likely based on their past misdemeanours
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Couldnt resist it - sent a complaint into HSBc's MD :

Dear Sir,

It is with regret that I have to contact you to ask for your intervention to bring this matter to a conclusion.

I have complaint with GM card for the mis-selling of PPI on my credit card account which has been ongoing since last September.

I have been given the run around since then and they have used the Judicial review as an excuse for delaying the processing of my claim – even after the review had been concluded.

Every time I ring to progress the matter nobody seems to know (or wants to know) what is going on and I am usually put on hold for long periods of time whilst they are ‘trying to find out’ what the position is with my claim.

I am simply being given the run around no doubt in an effort to ‘fob me off’.

I have also requested that they provide me all information they hold on me by means of a subject access request back in 18-01-2011.

The postal order for £10 has been cashed but the information has still not been provided.

I have had similar treatment from you with my HSBC bank account which resulted in me complaining to the Information Commissioners office which is a path I will no doubt have to follow again.

It seems to me that it is the HSBC groups mindset and way of doing business in delaying,avoiding,withholding information and at times telling untruths in the hope that the customer will give up and simply go away.

I won’t.

Despite me ringing someone at HFC last week to get an update on the progress of my claim and being told that it is being progressed but couldn’t give a timescale for the completion of the investigations, I have received a letter yesterday dated 7-07-2011 informing me that my complaint was not being upheld.
                      Surely this letter would have been / should have been on the system for all to see when I made my enquiry by telephone last week.(I would like a copy of the recording of this telephone call and previous telephone conversations as part of the information that is provided by you as a result of my SAR)
                      What I find even more strange is that the envelope in which the letter arrived was date stamped 2-08-2011?
                      I must question the timing of this letter for another reason and refer you to HFC’s letter dated 24-06-2011 which asked me to complete a questionnaire in relation to my complaint and return it to them by 15-07-2011,which I did ,fortunately by recorded delivery.
                      I have proof that the information requested was delivered to HFC on 11-07-2011.

I therefore must ask why the investigation was ‘completed’ prior to HFC’s own deadline for receipt of the information requested and why the information requested has not been taken into account when making your decision.
                      I must also point out that HFC state in their letter that ‘The PPI purchased was non – advised ‘ and refers me to the attached signed application form, which states ‘(we strongly recommend that you take this cover)’ – what part of ‘we strongly recommend’ is non advised?

Furthermore I was told over the telephone that I must take out the insurance cover in order that my application would be approved – which is the reason I have requested the information held on me by HFC and is no doubt also the reason why HFC will not send me the information as requested.

The reasons behind the claim for mis- selling of the ppi cover are the same as those for my claim in relation to ppi applied to my HSBC credit card – which has been upheld .

It all seems very underhanded and very amateurish behaviour and practices that are being employed by the ‘World’s leading bank’ – or is it just the people that they employ.

Whichever is correct, maybe both, it is no wonder your group has been so heavily fined for such practices.

For me it is just another chapter in the appallingly shoddy treatment that I have received from the HSBC group.

Whilst I know GM card/HFC is subsidiary of HSBC and that you will not have knowledge of the day to day goings on with such matters ,I am sure that you will know who to direct this complaint at within HFC and therefore must ask that you do just that without delay, as I believe that I have been more than patient to date.

I look forward to your urgent response.

Yours faithfully,

Matty

Comment

Their response:

Dear Matty

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to the Chief Executive, and am very sorry that you feel let down by HSBC, at the present time. I have passed your e-mail to a senior manager within HSBC who is handling our PPI claims, who will investigate the matter and respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Office of the Chief Executive, HSBC Bank plc

Comment

Lol

I had that same email

Bet you get a reply from the same mr Lewis that I did

Bunch of

Comment

HaHa - lol
                            No doubt some kind of auto response.

I replied thanking them for their response and requesting that whoever looks into it,takes the time to read ALL the information properly.

Matty

Comment

They are passing the buck!!!!!

Just like mine!

They all stick together, and why on earth in your case are they bringing Hamilton into this?
                              They were not the brokers who sold the loan/ppi?

They make me so mad!

Comment

Matty, I was thinking about contacting my local MP in regards of my case (because of the complex issues in mine), he has been helpful in the past and he may come in useful in my case, I should have thought about it before, so even though I have further submissions to send to my Adjudicator tomorrow in order for it to be passed on to the ombudsman - I may also write to my MP.

So, don't know what you're local MP is like, but maybe worth asking if they will also write a letter on you're behalf perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X