GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Just make sure they send you the calc sheets before signing any acceptance form.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      And a running account agreement!

Well, remember what the FOS agreed to re: credit card penalty charges

At the end of the day it is your choice; every case differs.

Not sure what you mean AC - please elaborate.
      Apologies in advance if I am being thick.
      Matty

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Just make sure they send you the calc sheets before signing any acceptance form.
        Will do Pompey - thanks.
        I am currently also trying to get the same off MBNA.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
          Another one has been upheld & is potentially my biggest.
          It has been with FOS since Christams - but Barclaycard have contacted them telling them that they would like to settle and that their offer will be calculated in accordance with FOS guidelines.

Nice one matty well done

Comment

Not sure what you mean AC - please elaborate.
            Apologies in advance if I am being thick.
            Matty
            On 5 April 2006, the Office of Fair Trading announced that any penalty charge over £12 in a standard credit card contract was likely to be unfair. This led to large numbers of people being advised to ask their credit card providers for information, held as part of their old credit card statements, to find out how many times they have been charged more than £12 so that they can reclaim the difference.
            (With Egg Cards the amount was £16.)

Many empowered consumers took credit card providers to court and reclaimed the unfair charges in full, including the contractual interest that had accrued on these charges and s69 statutory interest 8%.

Comment

Ok Thanks AC - I am with you now.

Yes I am pursuing this as part of all my claims.
              So far Amex have refused to pay the contractual interest on both PPI refund and unfair charges - this is with FOS awaiting an Ombudsman,so could take a while....

Matty

Comment

Right....quick update on one of my MBNA wins/offers.

I have received a breakdown of their offer.
                It is made up of :
                All PPI premiums from 1993 to date £4800.00
                Associated interest £7800
                8% Stat interest from the date of my claim to date £400 (not sure if this is correct)?

Seems like a decent offer to me in line with guidelines.

I will work out the SI & check if correct - I think the SI should be on the total value of the claim from fom the date of my claim onwards which was when I cancelled the policy.

(this should amoumt to £84 /month - not £22 they have shown)

The interesting thing is MBNA originally knocked this back as it was an A&L card which they bought in 2003.
                I have been chasing Santander who have said on Friday that they will refund premiums and interest for the period 1996 to 2003 - I await their offer.

Happy hunting everyone!

Matty
                Last edited by MattyA; 10 July 2011, 06:51. Reason: missed a bit

Comment

8% Stat interest from the date of my claim to date £400 (not sure if this is correct)?
                  Matty
                  To work out the interest that you are owed. You calculate from the date that the money became due until your claim was submitted.

To calculate the interest, you need to work out your daily rate of interest.
                  Using a calculator, do the following:

0.00022 X the amount of your claim- this gives you your daily rate of interest.

You then need to work out the amount of interest you are owed up to the date you made your claim.
                  Count how many days have passed since the money became owed and multiply this number by your daily rate of interest.

Comment

Update :
                    Cheque arrived yesterday for the best part of £13K.......WOW.
                    I work the figure out to be nearer £15K - but how long & how much will it cost to delay / fight this?
                    I am very temepted as I could do with some money.
                    This represents only part of my claim as ownership of the card changed hands in 2003 - so Santander looking into the pre 2003 claim.

Edit : I also read about increasing numbers failing at court - which is a worry.
                    Last edited by MattyA; 12 July 2011, 22:21.

Comment

I need to now suss out the F&F payment me thinks....so I am ready for the next move.

Comment

And a WOW from me too Matty, well done honey x

In regards of the F&F payment, I'm sure one of the others will be able to advise on this actual side of it.

Did they send you a detailed written breakdown as well?

You can still question it from what I am aware of.

Comment

Thats fantastic, think I would be having a party if I got that sort of cheque, or I'd invite friends round for a meal

Update :
                          Cheque arrived yesterday for the best part of £13K.......WOW.
                          I work the figure out to be nearer £15K - but how long & how much will it cost to delay / fight this?
                          I am very temepted as I could do with some money.
                          This represents only part of my claim as ownership of the card changed hands in 2003 - so Santander looking into the pre 2003 claim.

Edit : I also read about increasing numbers failing at court - which is a worry.
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                            Thats fantastic, think I would be having a party if I got that sort of cheque, or I'd invite friends round for a meal

Hmmmm what a good idea Susie , so when't the party Matty?

Comment

Matty, very good news for you.
                              But, please make sure that you are not left with a residual debt that you do not owe.

Maybe, best to go over your calculations again.

Your choice and only you and you alone know the intricacies of your particular case.

Apologies for putting a damper on your win.

AC
                              X

Comment

Hiya Di.
                                You dont have an email addy for the CEO at Canada Life by any chance do you?
                                I have been hunting around and cant find anything....
                                Thanks in advance
                                Matty

Comment

Working...
                                X