GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Is this Allan Loney?

edit - see here: ---> The Canada Life Assurance Company: CEO & Executives - BusinessWeek

E-Mail: name@canadalife.co.uk or for the big-wig above, it'll be name@canadalife.com
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
      Hiya Di.
      You dont have an email addy for the CEO at Canada Life by any chance do you?
      I have been hunting around and cant find anything....
      Thanks in advance
      Matty

Hi Matty

Will check this out for you butty. x

Looking at what Niddy has, it's the same as what I had came across in Business week, you are right though, they are not the easiest of them to find, you could try the details Niddy have posted, if I do find anything else I will post them up for you.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...Life%20Limited
      Last edited by di30; 28 July 2011, 08:56.

Comment

Thanks Di & Nidster - will give 'em a try.

Comment

How about this for a comment....

Re - MsrA's M&S card ppi

Knockback letter received:

one of the reasons was:
          'The insurance is still valid regardless of any existing insurances that you may have in place ,as well as any benefits that you may receive from your employer'

FFS - is this not the whole crux of the PPI mis-selling debate? (The selling of uneeded insurance?)

She was and still is a nurse for the same NHS trust

Matty
          Last edited by MattyA; 28 July 2011, 23:02.

Comment

How about this for a comment....

Re - MsrA's M&S card ppi

Knockback letter received:

one of the reasons was:
            'The insurance is still valid regardless of any existing insurances that you may have in place ,as well as any benefits that you may receive from your employer'

FFS - is this not the whole crux of the PPI mis-selling debate? (The selling of uneeded insurance?)

She was and still is a nurse for the same NHS trust

Matty
            Well their reply could be construed as acceptable IF they were certain that she did not have an alternative similar product that protected her in place, ie to claim mis-selling.

Sounds like they think she was and still is eligible; you need to be outlining the fact that she works for the NHS and so gets employers sickness pay etc thus PPI was never necessary as she was already adequately covered via her employer or whatever policy she had at the time.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Agreed Niddy.

The point is she was already covered via NHS and there would be no need to have put a claim in if - sickness etc, so basically she would not have been using it anyway.

Comment

Cheers NID & Di.

They also claim that as the application was made' in her own time' she had sufficient oppurtunity to consider whether or not shee needed the PPI.

I have written back enclosing a copy of the original in store application form , pointing out that the application was made in store (as it clearly states on the form) and that it is also quite clear that the form was part filled in by the sales assistant,who should have known (if properly trained) that due to my wifes employment details that she did not need PPI.
                I also pointed out that it was an high pressure sale at the till - sign up today and you will get 10% off etc.

Will see what they come back with.

Matty

Comment

Cheers NID & Di.

They also claim that as the application was made' in her own time' she had sufficient oppurtunity to consider whether or not shee needed the PPI.

I have written back enclosing a copy of the original in store application form , pointing out that the application was made in store (as it clearly states on the form) and that it is also quite clear that the form was part filled in by the sales assistant,who should have known (if properly trained) that due to my wifes employment details that she did not need PPI.
                  I also pointed out that it was an high pressure sale at the till - sign up today and you will get 10% off etc.

Will see what they come back with.

Matty

With pleasure Matty.

I think they hope by saying what they did that you will back down, but you are doing the right thing here, keep at them and all crossed here for you. x

Comment

Will keep you posted.

Matty

Comment

Update:

Another one has been upheld - this time Mint.

It has been with FOS since Christams - but Mint have contacted them telling them that they would like to settle and that their offer will be calculated in accordance with FOS guidelines.

I decided to chase this after getting a letter from RBS saying that the claim had been upheld in favour of the bank....No one told me!
                      So I rang FOS and they told me that Mint had told them they were prepared to make an offer.
                      Rang RBS,number on the letter - they had no idea and were still saying it was upheld in banks favour - so rang a number for PPS team at RBS and they confirmed that they would be making an offer and that it would be calculated in accordance with FOS guidelines.

Matty

Comment

Awesome matey

Comment

Update:

Another one has been upheld - this time Mint.

It has been with FOS since Christams - but Mint have contacted them telling them that they would like to settle and that their offer will be calculated in accordance with FOS guidelines.

I decided to chase this after getting a letter from RBS saying that the claim had been upheld in favour of the bank....No one told me!
                          So I rang FOS and they told me that Mint had told them they were prepared to make an offer.
                          Rang RBS,number on the letter - they had no idea and were still saying it was upheld in banks favour - so rang a number for PPS team at RBS and they confirmed that they would be making an offer and that it would be calculated in accordance with FOS guidelines.

Matty

My head's gone lol and don't we all know it I thought I posted up to this one earlier, what a plonker I am .

Matty that is fab, well done!

Comment

Well done Matty
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Bad news today.....

HFC have knocked back my PPI claim - bummer.
                              They say it was not an advised sale - they dont do that.
                              They kindly enclosed a copy of the original signed application form on which it states in BOLD 'we strongly recomend that you take out this cover'.......
                              They have ignored everything in my claim and state that 'upon my personal review of our records' 'I has based my findings on the information available to me I regret that I am unable to uphold the claim.'

There is something not right here.....whilst typing this I have just noticed the date on their letter 7/7/2011 - I have received it today in an envelope date stamped 2/08/2011 (will keep this for future reference)

This plot is thickening all the time!

To be continued......(have to go and pick my daughter up)

Matty

Comment

I would refer this on mate, it's obviously bollocks (pardon the pun)...

FOS it

Comment

Working...
                                X