GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DLC Threatening CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLC Threatening CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLC Threatening CCJ

Hi All
    (Thanks to Niddy for prompt help in registering)

I would appreciate any help on this situation.

I entered into an unofficial debt management plan with around
    15 creditors around 8 years ago, after being through the mill with a debt management company who mis-handled the situation, resulting in higher debts for me. Interest and charges were frozen and I have been paying low payments every month ever since.

Suddenly last week I received a letter from Direct Legal and Collections and a flurry of phone calls (which I ignored) on one account with them, saying some new credit information had come to light and they needed to speak to me urgently. (I have recently applied for a car loan, so i'm not sure if they have been alerted to this).

Then the next day another letter relating to my other account with them arrived saying they would be applying for a ccj and then a charging order as my 'recent repayment offer was unacceptable'.

I had a good scout on this site and a few others and decided the best course of action would be to request a copy of the consumer credit agreement and sent this for both accounts last week by first class recorded delivery.

Then yesterday I received a letter from Alpin Solicitors telling me they had been instructed by DLC to take steps to recover the outstanding balance on one of the accounts. They have requested I call DLC to make full payment or reach agreement within 7 days or legal proceedings may commence.

After all this time I have just managed to get into a situation where my credit file is looking pretty good and I don't want to risk a ccj at this stage.

I am not sure how to deal with this. Should I reply to Alpin saying I am waiting for the CCA information from DLC?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Re: DLC Threatening CCJ

hiya,
    welcome to the forum.
    How long ago did you request a copy of the agreement?
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi - thanks for your question, I sent it on the 21st feb, the letter from Alpin was dated 22nd feb

Comment

For now, have a look at this post here -

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Slickfm UE Diary

and the ones around it, to give yourself an idea of how you need to respond to this. It is almost certainly a silly threat and not a genuine letter of claim, but by treating it as one you can put them on the back foot before they start to get nasty.

SH

Comment

hi,
          are you able to scan and upload the letter you have received (please remove personal details, account numbers, balance and anything that could identify it as your letter) to this thread?

Edit: Also, i appreciate you want to see to this first, although a diary will help members advise you accordingly.
          This thread explains how to do that.
          Last edited by SA Gold; 28 February 2013, 11:50.
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Missy
            I have received another letter from DLC today (but in an envelope with Alpin's address on it) dated 26 Feb acknowledging my CCA request on one of the accounts.

I will attach the letters asap

many thanks so far

Comment

Hi
              These are the letters relating to one account with DLC.
              Many thanks
              Last edited by IF; 28 February 2013, 15:02. Reason: Removed as details could be seen

Comment

Those are standard DLC and Alpins letters, everyone gets those, i did.

Thats not to say they arnt serious, because i believe they are, how you proceed will determine what happens with these.

For now you have requested a CCA which means they wont do anything until they either confirm its UE or send you something, no matter how much they huff and puff.

Its quite easy to get rid of Alpins if they know a request is outstanding, so dont worry there.

Comment

Hi reading1 I've removed your attachments as we still could see your name and address through the felt tip crossing out.

IF...x
                  Last edited by IF; 28 February 2013, 15:10.
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

well spotted and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      Those are standard DLC and Alpins letters, everyone gets those, i did.
                      I'm jealous now I haven't had one although I did get the "some new info has come to light" letter

Everyone else is giving you great advice so I will keep my gob shut

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                        I'm jealous now I haven't had one although I did get the "some new info has come to light" letter

Everyone else is giving you great advice so I will keep my gob shut
                        Oh i got 4 of those during the 11 months the CCA was outstanding lol

Comment

Hi - many thanks for your comments - I have sent the letter SH pointed out on this site to DLC's solicitors and also sent a copy to DLC. I will now await developments.....

Comment

Originally posted by reading1 View Post
                            Hi - many thanks for your comments - I have sent the letter SH pointed out on this site to DLC's solicitors and also sent a copy to DLC. I will now await developments.....
                            Just caught up with this thread. Well done, let us know what (if anything) happens next.

Comment

Ill use my psychic abilities and say in 2 weeks time DLC will write to you saying Alpins passed on your letter, and they sent it our in error.

Comment

Working...
                              X