GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DLC Threatening CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLC Threatening CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DLC Threatening CCJ

That wont happen, please dont worry.

I hadnt paid them for 11 months before they provided something to me, and they have yet to file for a CCJ or charging order and its been around 14 to 15 months since my request was first made.

What they send you back is the question, not if they do, and once Niddy has seen whatever they sent you, you will be in a position still to follow UE or offer a payment.

If the payment is reasonable they will accept it without a CCJ.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All, following on from the last posts, I have now had a letter from DLC on one of the accounts saying that due to the age of the account the agreement I requested is 'currently unavailable'. They continue to say that although they cannot legally enforce the credit agreement, the money is still owed and the obligation to repay remains intact. Does this mean that they are now unable to collect the amount outstanding on the account? Thanks for all your responses so far, they are greatly appreciated.

Comment

yea well done - you win this
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent news!
          Keep that letter very safe and shove it up 'em if they start pestering again. They don't like it up 'em!

Comment

Thank you and that is good news! and to think I would still be paying them if they hadn't started their CCJ and charging order threatening tactics......This will spur me on to send out CCA requests to my other creditors.

Comment

Great news
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

that's the thing you see, if lenders treated people with basic respect then we'd probably not be here today - as they treat us like scum, we fight back and as the saying goes - revenge is a dish best served cold.

Well done, keep us updated if you get any hassle over this..
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Should I send the final response from the templates section - 'no CCA received letter' at this point? Many thanks

Comment

no why would you do that? They have confirmed there is no agreement, great. Ignore it. If they hassle you then come back to us and we'll guide you along.

Comment

dont send anything, leave it now.

Some advice, you will still get letters from DLC, they dont give up like others, they will be yearly statements, etc.

More importantly you will get vague letters saying "We have some new information regarding this account, please telephone us"

This is a lie, they simply want you to ring and trap you in to agreeing a payment, ignore the letters.

Infact ignore everything unless they either send you a CCA or a claim form. Which isnt going to happen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by reading1 View Post
                        Should I send the final response from the templates section - 'no CCA received letter' at this point? Many thanks
                        Well done, as already said keep that letter very safe photo copy it about a dozen times and when they threaten you again send a copy (highlite the bit that says they cant enforce) and Niddy will point you to the template that will accompany it. I have 4 letters like that thanks to Niddy.

Comment

Thanks for your replies - just one more thing, I noticed in one of the template letters that they can still inform the credit reference agencies of account conduct, does that mean that non payment by me would adversely effect my credit rating?

Comment

Thanks for your replies - just one more thing, I noticed in one of the template letters that they can still inform the credit reference agencies of account conduct, does that mean that non payment by me would adversely effect my credit rating?
                            How can it be worse than it presently is?

Paying the buggers on an agreement they cannot enforce will not improve your credit rating - it will just make them richer and you poorer.

Comment

Hi Clever Cloggs
                              I have been paying them every month for years, along with other creditors, therefore, after the original defaults in 2004/2005 my credit rating has been good for the last year or so. Regards Reading1

Comment

I have been paying them every month for years, along with other creditors, therefore, after the original defaults in 2004/2005 my credit rating has been good for the last year or so.
                                They can only default you once.

Comment

Working...
                                X