GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DLC Threatening CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLC Threatening CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DLC Threatening CCJ

Update:
    Following my request for CCA info on both accounts I hold with DLC, I have not received any information. One was acknowledged on 26th Feb, the other no response at all. Am I right in saying I now send the second letter, saying they haven't supplied the requested information in the time frame required, so accounts are now in dispute?
    Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by reading1 View Post
      Update:
      Following my request for CCA info on both accounts I hold with DLC, I have not received any information. One was acknowledged on 26th Feb, the other no response at all. Am I right in saying I now send the second letter, saying they haven't supplied the requested information in the time frame required, so accounts are now in dispute?
      Many thanks
      Nothing to send.....just wait and see next move.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You can, but i wouldnt waste my ink or postage, they are in default until they send something.

If they get heavy, remind them that its outstanding.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ok many thanks for replies..........

Comment

ok many thanks for replies..........
            Glad you got them off. One of the reassuring things i discovered from AAD is to let the DCA's do the work. Let them tie themselves in knots wherever possible!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

DLC send me one a month

Comment

Hi All, update on DLC - they sent me a letter that I received today on one of the accounts today saying they are continuing to request information from the original lender but although they are technically in breach of the Act, guidance under the Credit Services Association means that this does not make the agreement or any monies paid illegal or void. They also state that because i am still making payments then they assume i am not questioning my liability and because of this they require further details from me as to why i believe the account to be in dispute.

You may remember that i have 2 accounts with them and sent a CCA request on both, however, they assumed i had duplicated my request on the account above and returned the second postal order!

They are continuing to call and leave messages for me to call them about both accounts.

Any help on how best to respond to their latest letter would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi All, update on DLC - they sent me a letter that I received today on one of the accounts today saying they are continuing to request information from the original lender but although they are technically in breach of the Act, guidance under the Credit Services Association means that this does not make the agreement or any monies paid illegal or void. They also state that because i am still making payments then they assume i am not questioning my liability and because of this they require further details from me as to why i believe the account to be in dispute.

You may remember that i have 2 accounts with them and sent a CCA request on both, however, they assumed i had duplicated my request on the account above and returned the second postal order!

They are continuing to call and leave messages for me to call them about both accounts.

So now is the big step - you decide whether to continue paying them or not.............

As far as 'guidance' from the CSA is concerned its a load of bovine excrement, its not stopped them from ignoring guidance from the OFT who have far more weight than the CSA!!

Ultimately 'guidance' is all it is - its not legislation.

You could consider sending them this from the template letter section if you want to stop payments:

CCA Request - Final Demand - allaboutDEBT UK

Or you could play more hardball and issue a final response to the matter:

Final Response - UE (No CCA Received) - allaboutDEBT UK

I'd have a good read through the template section and UE process to get familiar with what your position is and understand the concepts you're discussing in your letters

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

If it was me, id stop paying.

Regardless of what they say, they need to send your agreement!

Comment

How about this:

Dear Sirs,

In these difficult times, I have endeavoured to treat all my creditors fairly even though I have very limited funds at my disposal. Accordingly, I write out the names of my creditors on slips of paper, place them in a hat and get a lithesome wench at a suitable hostelry or strip club to select the names of six creditors whom I will pay that month.

All of my other creditors are quite content with this arrangement, even those who did comply with my requests made under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, as they stand an equal chance of receiving some money from me. You have been remarkably fortunate until now, as the name of your company has been selected in each draw over the last year.

However, despite your refusal or inability to comply with my s78 request (which renders the alleged debt unenforceable until that request is satisfied) you have continued to plague me with incessant telephone calls. Your latest letter, in which you sought to hector and harangue me, was more than I am willing to tolerate.

In fairness to my other creditors, your name will not even be put in the hat until and unless you apologise for your letter.

Yours Faithfully,

Sign Digitally.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        How about this:

Dear Sirs,

In these difficult times, I have endeavoured to treat all my creditors fairly even though I have very limited funds at my disposal. Accordingly, I write out the names of my creditors on slips of paper, place them in a hat and get a lithesome wench at a suitable hostelry or strip club to select the names of six creditors whom I will pay that month.

All of my other creditors are quite content with this arrangement, even those who did comply with my requests made under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, as they stand an equal chance of receiving some money from me. You have been remarkably fortunate until now, as the name of your company has been selected in each draw over the last year.

However, despite your refusal or inability to comply with my s78 request (which renders the alleged debt unenforceable until that request is satisfied) you have continued to plague me with incessant telephone calls. Your latest letter, in which you sought to hector and harangue me, was more than I am willing to tolerate.

In fairness to my other creditors, your name will not even be put in the hat until and unless you apologise for your letter.

Yours Faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
                        Love it!

Comment

How about this:

Dear Sirs,

Yours Faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
                          Love it.

Comment

Great letter Cloggy, so now we know the sort of places you frequent!

As for the letter from DLC all it says is that unenforceable doesn't stop them asking for money, which we know. It does stop them taking you to court though.

Comment

How about this:

Dear Sirs,

Yours Faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
                              Ha ha that's a classic

Comment

Hi, thanks for all your comments - i suppose my worry is that if i stop paying and they subsequently provide the agreement, then they will go for the ccj they threatened in the first place with more vigour and i'll have no chance of offering a low full and final settlement offer! The ccj situation is what i'm trying to avoid. In your opinion, would now be a good time to offer a low full and final settlement? Many thanks for everyones help so far, you have definitely helped to take some of the worry out of their threatening behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X