GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard - markers and contact - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard - markers and contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard - markers and contact

Hubby checked his credit file and amongst the known marks he noticed the following for his Barclaycard:

Taken out 17 November 2007 (Balance is £6082)
    File shows ok for Nov 07 , Dec 07, Jan 08 and Feb 08
    March 08 - 1
    April 08 - 2
    May 08 - 3
    June 08 - 4
    July 08 - 5
    Then from aug 08 up until Jan 2012 it shows a number 6.

No we're not being chased, not heard from Mercers since May 2008 (have the letter) and the last payment we think was February 2008 (from the OK marker on the CRA file).

So....it'll be SB in Feb 2014 (yes?)

We can't follow UE as its post april 2007................

leave the sleeping dog?
    Last edited by malamute; 28 February 2012, 12:03.

Re: Barclaycard - markers and contact

Numquam titillare draco dormiens.

Comment

I agree CC

Alan

Comment

Let the dragon sleep?????

Comment

Never tickle a sleeping dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
            Hubby checked his credit file and amongst the known marks he noticed the following for his Barclaycard:

Taken out 17 November 2007 (Balance is £6082)
            File shows ok for Nov 07 , Dec 07, Jan 08 and Feb 08
            March 08 - 1
            April 08 - 2
            May 08 - 3
            June 08 - 4
            July 08 - 5
            Then from aug 08 up until Jan 2012 it shows a number 6.

No we're not being chased, not heard from Mercers since May 2008 (have the letter) and the last payment we think was February 2008 (from the OK marker on the CRA file).

So....it'll be SB in Feb 2014 (yes?)

We can't follow UE as its post april 2007................

leave the sleeping dog?
            Now I've been letting this sleeping dog lie - however, I was wondering what relevance the "delinquency date" had because it keeps changing.

The 6 for account status has never changes since March 2008 but the date of deliquency keeps moving up.

The last payment we can find is for February statement 2008 so I guess March 2008 the clock started.
            Looking as historical credit reports the delinquency dates has been changed and moved from as early as 1-11-2008 and now shows as 28-5-2012.

Barclaycard are updating the credit file each month too.

Comment

Thats not a default thats an Arrangement to Pay unless I am mistaken.

That can and will be continued to be reported infinitum. As no default to get the entry removed.

They use this to penalise us. The system they set up to help them make us pay wasnt thought through. Didnt think once you defaulted people no longer care and makes the idea of not paying an easy one on any other account.

Think original advice is still good as poking would bring them chasing for the money. Wait till its SB and so you have protection then deal with the CRA file next year.

Am sure you will be able to get that backdated defaulted to when you got the second 6. And obviously thats 6 years ago so whole lot will fall off.

Just keep your CRA's as evidence that they are updating delinquency dates for when you hit them next year.

We just dealing with one on red 6's. Slightly different to yours but FOS have upheld it and DCA been smacked. The entry has come off our CRA and suspect will return with default on. Ours is 4 years ago and will now go in 2 years as opposed to 2019 which it currently would have if we had paid it off today.
              Really think this is to go in the to do file once you are positive its SB.

Oh it was an entry on an Equifax CRA that did for our lot. Without it they were saying we had entered an AP with the OC. Not letting on that AP's are supposed to be short term to try and help you get back to paying as per your contract. If you cant return to contractual payments which in your case you plainly havnt then the AP should be replaced by a default. Furthermore an AP should never put you in a worse situation than if you had paid nothing at all. And if you pay nothing then the contractual agreement has failed and therefore a default should be entered.
              Last edited by ken100464; 4 April 2013, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Thats not a default thats an Arrangement to Pay unless I am mistaken.

That can and will be continued to be reported infinitum. As no default to get the entry removed.

They use this to penalise us. The system they set up to help them make us pay wasnt thought through. Didnt think once you defaulted people no longer care and makes the idea of not paying an easy one on any other account.

Think original advice is still good as poking would bring them chasing for the money. Wait till its SB and so you have protection then deal with the CRA file next year.

Am sure you will be able to get that backdated defaulted to when you got the second 6. And obviously thats 6 years ago so whole lot will fall off.

Just keep your CRA's as evidence that they are updating delinquency dates for when you hit them next year.

We just dealing with one on red 6's. Slightly different to yours but FOS have upheld it and DCA been smacked. The entry has come off our CRA and suspect will return with default on. Ours is 4 years ago and will now go in 2 years as opposed to 2019 which it currently would have if we had paid it off today.
                Really think this is to go in the to do file once you are positive its SB.

Oh it was an entry on an Equifax CRA that did for our lot. Without it they were saying we had entered an AP with the OC. Not letting on that AP's are supposed to be short term to try and help you get back to paying as per your contract. If you cant return to contractual payments which in your case you plainly havnt then the AP should be replaced by a default. Furthermore an AP should never put you in a worse situation than if you had paid nothing at all. And if you pay nothing then the contractual agreement has failed and therefore a default should be entered.
                Thanks loads for your time taken to reply.

We've never had an arrangement on this account. We simply stopped paying while it was active last payment February/March 2008 - mercers chased us for a wee bit then nothing. We've heard nothing from anyone on this account since May 2008 and no money paid either. Don't even recall a DN. No default recorded on any CRA File we've got.

But advice noted. I'll physically print the Credit Files I've got showing the date changing and it showing a constant 6 for over 5 years now. I'll get all the paperwork saved up for after its SB.

Letting the dog sleep.......

Comment

Makes even more sense then

Its an unofficial Arrangement to Pay. And obviously when financial institutions do things unofficial its never in the clients best interest.

When the time comes part of the complaint would be as far as you were aware you never came to any agreement with the bank to do anything. They came to this arrangement to penalise you.

Fingers crossed you get to next spring and then you have SB protection.

Comment

Update on this one.................

Quietly waiting for the 6th year anniversary - no payment on our part since feb 2008, no contact from b/card since april 2008 and last letter from a DCA in May 2008..................credit file being updated monthly - only with a [6] for nearly 6 years but we've not contacted a dca or bcard at all. Never even sent them a CCA request because when i started this process in 2011 I'd heard nothing for 3.5 years so just left the cca request until we knew who had the account.

BUT

just checked file and the balance dropped by £1 in Feb 2011 and we can't see where from - I've never sent money - we've no Barclays account that they could've "offset" against.

My question is......

Could that £1 have re set the SB clock even if I hadn't made the payment?

I was going to wait til March 2014 (6years) to push for removal as the other ones are coming off automatically around that time this'll be the only one left.

THANKS!!!!

Comment

if you didn't make the payment, we'll argue it when it is actually SB, wouldn't be starting to wave flags at them at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        if you didn't make the payment, we'll argue it when it is actually SB, wouldn't be starting to wave flags at them at the moment
                        Ah right. We definitely didn't make the payment.

thanks.

The last green marker is feb 2008, so I assuming march/April 2014 good time to start.

Comment

OMG!!! Letter this morning from Barclaycard, they writing to say that my hubby Barclaycard should've been defaulted 29th September 2008.

letter has a formal demand from barclaycard included!

they will update his file with a default dated 29th sept 2008 a defaulted balance of £6082.91, before registering it they'll give him 28 days of their intention to do so.

its statute barred in February this year...........

shocked!

letter outta blue not heard on this account since may 2008!

Comment

Last attempt by them to claw back cash!

Comment

Thing is I'm not sure whether I respond or wait for letter?

Comment

Working...
                              X