GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Am I being Harsh on the FOS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

I have a dispute with the Bank of Scotland aka Halifax t/a Marbles.

Complaint relates to Arrangement to Pay markers (APs) dated Jan/Feb 2010 on my Equifax credit file and marked as March-May 2010 on my Experian credit files.

I also complained about late payment markers (LPs).

So I wanted FOS to look at the APs and the LPs. Page and half of my complaint form was about the APs. (a) they are inconsistent between the CRAs; (b) they are unfair because there was no FORMAL arrangenent to pay agreed with the bank for any of those inconsistent dates.

Briefly, I had a CCCS DMP for 2 yaers and then came off that when I worked overseas. However I carried on paying the same sum of money. When Marbles took over the credit card from HFC they didn't say or do anything about the informal repaymnents I had been making and there were no adverse on my CRFs.

Then the bank decided to plop on APs and I also made some missed payments, which probbaly alerted them.

FOS have written today saying the LPs were all kosher and I should shurrup. Nowhere in their letter did they discuss or address my dispute about the APs. Nowt. Zippo, Nuffin, 'cept acknowledging that I wanted them removed.

So I emailed the FOS and said oi! I want you to address this concern in writing or by email.

FOS guy emails back saying he only wants to talk by 'fone. Too busy to go into protracted correspondence and wants to get to the rub of the matter asap by the fone.

My concern is that if I have to go to service review team I'll have no proof of what said etc.

So am I being unreasonable not talking on the 'fone to the FOS and in insisting they address my concerns about the APs in writing first?
    Last edited by The Debt Star; 20 June 2011, 15:00.

Re: Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

So am I being unreasonable not talking on the 'fone to the FOS and in insisting they address my concerns about the APs in writing first?
    Not at all, what you have here is a lazy Adjudicator.

Tell him that you only operate in writing when something is as important as this.

Furthermore, in the event that you are dissatisfied with his Adjudication, then when the matter is elevated to an Ombudsman, then it will be crucial that an appropriate bundle of documents can be passed up to his superior to review his Adjudication.

That ought to wake bloke up, and encourage him to start doing his job properly.

Silverback

Comment

Cheers bro, nice clear answer.

Comment

To quote the FOS adjudicator:

"My position is to find a fair and reasonable solution to your complaint, and in view of the details of the complaint, I think it best to discuss them rather than enter into a protracted correspondence.

My job is not to entrap you in any way and firmly believe that the best and easiest way to resolve this complaint is to discuss it, as far more can be said and resolved in a few minutes rather than in the exchange of several letters."

Comment

TDS,

I agree 110% with silverback, and I had exactly the same issue with an adjudicator regarding my PPI complaint he wanted to communicate via phone when I had it clear in my first letter that all communication had to be in writing due to the stroke and hence limited mental capacity.

So yes make a complaint to the SRT.

Regards

Comment

To quote the FOS adjudicator:

"My position is to find a fair and reasonable solution to your complaint, and in view of the details of the complaint, I think it best to discuss them rather than enter into a protracted correspondence.

My job is not to entrap you in any way and firmly believe that the best and easiest way to resolve this complaint is to discuss it, as far more can be said and resolved in a few minutes rather than in the exchange of several letters."
            Foocking ell that tells me that he is thinking of his own interests and certainly not yours, you need a paper trail.

That has all the hallmarks of trying to derail you complaint fella.

Comment

My job is not to entrap you in any way
              Take that as you please, however entering into a phone discusion on such a complicated matter will entrap you.

And remember he can record you probably will not.

Comment

my thoughts exactly. so glad I posted here, I feel so much better already!

Comment

Heard nothing back from the FOS adjudicator. He's just ignored my emails but he did try 'phoning me twice on the same day. I made it pretty darn clear I wanted him to address the AP complaint first.

Sooo....how do I / how should I approach the SRT at the FOS? Do I go to the ombudsman at the same time? Should I give the FOS guy a little longer just in case a letter arrives from him?

Comment

TDS,

No harm in giving it another 7 days to see if he responds, besides that will give you time to craft a letter to the SRT.

Just use the same FOS Address but put Service Review Team above as they are in same building but a floor above the adjudication team.

Im sure I have the name of the SRT Manager on my other pc upstairs so ill have a look soon as the wife wakes up.

Regards
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 23 June 2011, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Im sure I have the name of the SRT Manager on my other pc

might be useful, cheers.

Comment

TDS,

Your Welcome, Ill send you a PM with it ok m8.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          TDS,

Your Welcome, Ill send you a PM with it ok m8.

Regards
                          cheers for the link bro - appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                            My job is not to entrap you in any way
                            Why would you make such a statement unless you have such a mindset in the first place?

Remember Rule #1 - Everything in writing.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers Crispy.
                              Y'awl right, it is very dodgy and I'll be drafting that letter tomorrow to go on Monday if nowt turns up in the post from the FOS. 7 days too long for 'em, I mean, they've sat on this complaint for MONTHS and then I get a crappy letter completely ignoring and not addressing half of my complaint. Aint good enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X