GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Am I being Harsh on the FOS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Im sure I have the name of the SRT Manager on my other pc upstairs so ill have a look soon as the wife wakes up.
    I think info like this could prove very useful to others as well.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      FOS guy emails back saying he only wants to talk by 'fone. Too busy to go into protracted correspondence and wants to get to the rub of the matter asap by the fone.

My concern is that if I have to go to service review team I'll have no proof of what said etc.

So am I being unreasonable not talking on the 'fone to the FOS and in insisting they address my concerns about the APs in writing first?
      Of course not - it is only right that you should insist that the FOS wallah has a transparent abdomen:

Comment

Trouble is, that's the SRT manager in the photo CC

Comment

That's a lotta green pips you're collecting there PF. Three medals now!

Tried to get mine turned off - and I'm still waiting, Mr Niddy!
          Last edited by The Debt Star; 24 June 2011, 09:32.

Comment

TDS,

Yes was quite surprised at the rate they added, a full house.

Regards

Comment

If they use email then what they do not understand they can ask about or does that sound too sensible?

Comment

I am convinced that the FOS are using a plan in that the less letters they have floating around the less chance of action being taken against them.

I have seen a few FOS decisions that did not go the way it should have done and without the written proof consumers are relatively stuck as to how far they can take the matter.

I do not need to say this but it is imperative that written communication between both parties is maintained.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  I am convinced that the FOS are using a plan in that the less letters they have floating around the less chance of action being taken against them.

I have seen a few FOS decisions that did not go the way it should have done and without the written proof consumers are relatively stuck as to how far they can take the matter.

I do not need to say this but it is imperative that written communication between both parties is maintained.

Regards
                  emails are letters and are more eco friendly and cash friendly(they don't pay postage for it, in other words,lol!)

Comment

I think its the 'phone calls that PF is suspicious of. Of course emails can be kept and printed out too, although, it has to be said that people tend to glance over emails and they don't get treated with quite the same gravity as a pucker headed letter.

Comment

TDS,

Indeed telephone

Regards

Comment

Update:

Email from FOS adjudicator as follows.

Thank you for your email. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, and I assure you that there was no intention on my part to be evasive in any manner.

I confirm that I have been reconsidering the merits of your complaint, and will write to you once I have the additional information in hand that I have requested.

With regard to you being unable to contact the SRT Dept., I confirm that the department was disbanded last year.
                        Service standards complaints are now, initially, reviewed by the adjudicator's Team Manager. My Team Manager is [Blah Blah] who will be happy to speak to you, and can be contacted as follows:

Tel. No. 020 7964 1047

Fax No. 020 7964 1048

Email name of bod @financial-ombudsman.org.uk
                        Last edited by The Debt Star; 24 June 2011, 12:38.

Comment

Sorry, posted in error
                          Last edited by GrannieP; 6 July 2011, 16:14. Reason: info already available

Comment

i'm having this trouble with the fos myself now,don't they just love capital one we all seem to have the same problem with capital one,but our dear fos just makes up excuse after excuse for crap 1 to the point where they seem to want the complainant to feel bad for complaining i've progressed my ppi complaint to the actual ombudsman i had non existent "service" from the adjudicator the interesting thing was though the adjudicator was trying on the fone to talk me out of taking the complaint to the ombudsman,i think there,s a whiff of corruption hanging about the fos now,there adjudications seem to be coming down on the side of certain lenders a bit to much now.
                            Last edited by cappo; 17 July 2011, 13:35.

Comment

Why do you suppose I call those numbskulled numpties the Fobbing Off Service?

Comment

I am too losing trust in the FOS.

Back some time ago on another case, I did have a good Adjudicator, she would keep in touch regularly without the need of having to pester her.

I have a case now in with the FOS and it's been with them since 2009, the Adjudicator we have dealing with our case either can't be bothered or he hasn't a clue, I do find him rather abrupt in emails as well.

However, I know our case is a complex one, but if he is unable to cope then it should be moved on to the hands of someone more experienced.
                                There is more of this on my Hamilton thread above/PPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X