GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Am I being Harsh on the FOS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I being Harsh on the FOS?

I understand that if a case fails with the Ajudicator then we get the opportunity to have our case passed on to an Ombudsman.

But I do personally feel my Adjudicator failed into looking deep into my case and since his letter at the start of June 2011 stating that he cannot conclude any further as he was unable to establish the relationship from the broker to the lender to the insurer (due to then lack of information), which could have still been easily linked without the documents really.
    He then states we do have the opportunity to have our case reviewed by the ombudsman and to give extra time for us to forward more information, (which we did on recently finding the paperwork).

And now that we have found the sufficient paperwork it seems that he is trying to say we are contradicting our case.

Makes me so mad, it was the FOS idea to go the insurer/underwriter direction in the first place back in 2009, because the broker of the loan dissolved, but with the documents we did have on hand then, there seemed to be so many parties involved.

Too much to explain, but now he has the details, he is twisting his words.
    Asking questions as if it were a court case!

Comment

Di,

You do know that you can refer the case to the (SRT) service review team and also when the case is closed if you are still not happy you can request that the papers are forwarded to the independent assessor

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...d-may2010.html

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Di,

You do know that you can refer the case to the (SRT) service review team and also when the case is closed if you are still not happy you can request that the papers are forwarded to the independent assessor

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...d-may2010.html

Regards

Thank you PF.
        Yes I am aware of the assessor if I'm not happy with the final outcome once reviewed by the ombudsman.
        Is the SRT the same as the assessor?

Cheers for this.

Comment

No the SRT is a dept within the FOS (next floor up i believe) that deals with complaints about the FOS.

I sent them a letter when the adjudicator kept phoning me when I had made it clear that only letters will do due to my inability to absorb phone calls quick enough.

That one letter to the SRT did the trick.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            No the SRT is a dept within the FOS (next floor up i believe) that deals with complaints about the FOS.

I sent them a letter when the adjudicator kept phoning me when I had made it clear that only letters will do due to my inability to absorb phone calls quick enough.

That one letter to the SRT did the trick.

Regards
            Thank you PF, that is good to know, much appreciated x

Comment

Wasn't they disbanded last year as well?

So basically the Adjudicator has a line Manager where they are an option instead of the SRT perhaps?

Cheers x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Wasn't they disbanded last year as well?

So basically the Adjudicator has a line Manager where they are an option instead of the SRT perhaps?

Cheers x

I don't think they'll disagree with there own,it all looks a bit fishy,does that sound paranoid guys?

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                  I don't think they'll disagree with there own,it all looks a bit fishy,does that sound paranoid guys?
                  I agree Cappo.
                  I understand they must do their job in taking into account both sides, but in my opinion I don't think that's the case.
                  Where we've had to provide concrete evidence, they take the banks etc word for it verbally, well in my case anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    I agree Cappo.
                    I understand they must do their job in taking into account both sides, but in my opinion I don't think that's the case.
                    Where we've had to provide concrete evidence, they take the banks etc word for it verbally, well in my case anyway.

Same with mine Di,they rarely seem to consider the complainant now, it's certainly going to make the ombudsmans job harder,it's like what i said about capital one the sheer volume of complaints that the fos are getting now about capital one and they reject them nearly every time,we can't all be wrong can we.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                      Same with mine Di,they rarely seem to consider the complainant now, it's certainly going to make the ombudsmans job harder,it's like what i said about capital one the sheer volume of complaints that the fos are getting now about capital one and they reject them nearly every time,we can't all be wrong can we.

That is right Cappo.
                      And another thing is as well, if the case have been in with the FOS for far too long and they reject - we are out of time to go the court direction, maddening!

Comment

Well tomorrow I should be receiving some feedback from my Adjudicator on his opinion of our case, (Hamilton), hope he understands our case by now, but if not it's off to the ombudsman.

Comment

If you ajudicator was anything like mine, I wouldn't hold out much hope. Once he had made a decision on the case , he keep on changing his argument to justify his position. Even to the extent of ignoring evidensed legal positions because he didn't like them. I also think he really didn't understand anything to do with consumer law and the banking code!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                            If you ajudicator was anything like mine, I wouldn't hold out much hope. Once he had made a decision on the case , he keep on changing his argument to justify his position. Even to the extent of ignoring evidensed legal positions because he didn't like them. I also think he really didn't understand anything to do with consumer law and the banking code!!!
                            Still waiting for his email to come through.
                            I know exactly what you mean here, am wondering if you did have the same one as me (Matt)???
                            My son would do a far better job and he has needs bless him x

Comment

Nope mine was Peter, I'm sure he really is a nice chap, but I feel he comes from the never a lender or borrow be camp.

His letters where actually more one sided than the earlier ones I recieved from the bank!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                                Nope mine was Peter, I'm sure he really is a nice chap, but I feel he comes from the never a lender or borrow be camp.

His letters where actually more one sided than the earlier ones I recieved from the bank!!!!

When speaking to ours on the phone, he is nice enough to talk to but it's trying to explain was the problem, he would turn it all back round to the beginning again as such, so it's like starting all over again, it will be 3 years this year.
                                One sided yes I can recall on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X