GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What's the difference in these 2 searches? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference in these 2 searches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference in these 2 searches?

Hi again, as the above title says on Experian and on the same date these 2 searches!

(1) Authentication check/enquiry

(2) Identification Generic Check

What can be the difference in these 2 checks, both done on the same day?

Re: What's the difference in these 2 searches?

one is an ID check (ie voters roll) and the other is authentication (ie N Hunter style) - see this: ---> ID Authentication Solutions, ID Authenticate, Identity Validation | Identity and Fraud | Experian UK
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for quick response to that question! Do Experian also use the Royal mail authenticating address system?
      I ask because Experian seem to have a problem in getting the format of my previous address correct.
      Equifax is spot on and use the same format as the Royal Mail Postcode checker. Even on my linked addresses it is in the correct format. I have phoned them and they said they cover this especially in relation to blocks of flats?

Just read the link you sent me and I read they check 1 billion pieces of information and cross check
      Try and give an example my old address:
      7 allaboutdebt court
      also can be Flat 7 allaboutdebt court.
      Would that cause too many problems? Although was ok with HSBC, well sort of not the overdraft thing!

Comment

Ahh if you have a flat or something like you describe above then this could cause problems so best to speak to Experian and ask them to use the correct version as defined within PAF (test it here --> Postcode Finder | Royal Mail Ltd and get the exact version of your address then print it and send to Experian)

Thing is Experian won't know there's a difference unless you bring it to their attention but when you do they should amend their records to show it - no matter, you need to always use the version defined within PAF.

Mine for instance is a better example;

Incorrect Version as per PAF:
        1 Niddy Street
        Leeds
        West Yorkshire

However I actually always use the correct one which is:

1 Niddy Street
        Niddy Town
        North Yorkshire

As I don't live in Leeds nor do I live in West Yorkshire however PAF is wrong but I cannot change it, so I spoke to CRA's who have edited my address to match PAF which I now use even though it is wrong....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ahh if you have a flat or something like you describe above then this could cause problems so best to speak to Experian and ask them to use the correct version as defined within PAF (test it here --> Postcode Finder | Royal Mail Ltd and get the exact version of your address then print it and send to Experian)

Thing is Experian won't know there's a difference unless you bring it to their attention but when you do they should amend their records to show it - no matter, you need to always use the version defined within PAF.

Mine for instance is a better example;

Incorrect Version as per PAF:
          1 Niddy Street
          Leeds
          West Yorkshire

However I actually always use the correct one which is:

1 Niddy Street
          Niddy Town
          North Yorkshire

As I don't live in Leeds nor do I live in West Yorkshire however PAF is wrong but I cannot change it, so I spoke to CRA's who have edited my address to match PAF which I now use even though it is wrong....
          Great, thanks for that, Experian have been a pain, on the linked addresses loads of them, they do have creditor's using the correct format. So are linked addresses also checked? Such a lot to take in I never knew the stuff they do. Also the Hunter product, I have a friend who I envy, just isn't interested in anything credit wise.
          One bank account for over 10 years and a pre-paid card and lots of dosh LOL simple life!

Comment

well its always best for you to copy the address format of the CRA that way things work better.....

Linked addresses also cause issues so if any are wrong or wrong format also raise this and get them all changed to the correct versions.

N Hunter is crap really as too much can happen thus resulting in falsities. For example lets say you get a promotion and move addresses to the new job (same company though) it'll throw it all out as you'll have a new address, new title and new salary so N Hunter would flag this as suspect when really all you did was move to a new job so it's always best to appeal any decline so you can put your point across.

I just upped my HBOS OD last night and now it sits at £3450 - been with them 7 months to date

Comment

p.s. bear in mind a lender cannot decline you as a result of anything N Hunter provides - they must use it alongside their own assessment criteria (not that they do, but they can and do lie easily enough to cover themselves like)

Comment

well its always best for you to copy the address format of the CRA that way things work better.....

Linked addresses also cause issues so if any are wrong or wrong format also raise this and get them all changed to the correct versions.

N Hunter is crap really as too much can happen thus resulting in falsities. For example lets say you get a promotion and move addresses to the new job (same company though) it'll throw it all out as you'll have a new address, new title and new salary so N Hunter would flag this as suspect when really all you did was move to a new job so it's always best to appeal any decline so you can put your point across.

I just upped my HBOS OD last night and now it sits at £3450 - been with them 7 months to date
                To be honest the HBOS group haven't been bad with me really, no extra credit checks for the Clarity credit card nor the overdraft. Just a £300 (Humble) I did have to go through a full application for the loan though. Recently rang phone banking to let them know I was having a holiday in Spain and they said did I want a top up on my loan.
                I was very good and declined
                Been reading lots of posts on other threads and it's getting me gripped all the goings on with the CRA and co.
                Love the forum

Comment

Bosie when you applied for clarity card was this online on on phone etc?

Can I ask the start limit and APR? Usually for medium risk you're looking at £750 - £1750 limit on 19.9% - sometimes better but that's the norm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
                    Love the forum
                    Good so spend more time here then

Comment

Bosie when you applied for clarity card was this online on on phone etc?

Can I ask the start limit and APR? Usually for medium risk you're looking at £750 - £1750 limit on 19.9% - sometimes better but that's the norm.....
                      I applied over the phone, it was on a general call to phone banking who said there was a pre-approved card if I wished to go for it.
                      Was put through to Credit card section, she just ask me my income again and said no credit check would be done.
                      I got £2000 and it's about 17% which isn't bad for me!
                      Then later they offered me a 0% to transfer a balance over, this I did as it was a naughty Vanquis Card, I got this when my files were not too healthy.

Yes, will spend more time on here had a good read tonight

Comment

Thanks for info, so how long were you with them prior to getting the pre-approved offer? Just curious as I am debating applying for their 0% card to put my Bank of Ireland £900 on

I remember you applying for Vanquis on the green site way back :niddy

* Niddy doesn't do credit cards much

Comment

I joined Halifax in June 2010 and it was about 6-7 month's later no more than that, was surprised really. Well Vanquis had given me a £3000 credit limit (Gold) think that was the max. Had a very worrying £1000 on it, bad I know at their apr's.
                          But on one had it must of helped build up my credit file.
                          My other card is a Flybe another 0% card for so long then it goes to about 18%?
                          I try and not use them, just my debit card, if I can't afford it I tend to leave or save up.
                          Trying to get more rehabilitated!

I'd built up the credit limit with Vanquis over about 2 years nearly to get to the £3000 limit
                          Last edited by Bosieb; 20 March 2012, 04:18.

Comment

I had Vanquis think my limit is around £1500 but never used it yet

May wait to apply to HBOS as nothing pre-approved shows online yet, and I hate rejections

Still, got 3 HBOS current accounts but only the Reward one has issued a chq book so maybe they don't trust me 100%

Maybe the fact I have 9 bank accounts put lenders off

Comment

I opened a Bank of Scotland Silver account but they wouldn't give me a cheque book? Never understood so left

Comment

Working...
                              X